Should I ignore advice like this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Nov 2019, 12:20 am

Should I ignore the Red pill & MGTOW advice? Like this Alpha/beta dominance hierarchy & friends zone & this approaching pickup artist BS. That people insist heavily is real?

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 5:39 am

Yes, ignore it. It's quite toxic stuff.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 7:16 am

Yes, not only is it ridiculous and attracts the wrong people it would only embarrass most Aspies. Reminds me of a time a stereotypical computer nerd tried to intimidate me: I had to hold back from laughing. Sure, I would have been frightened if he was an NFL linebacker but this guy was half my height and weight!

My #1 piece of advice is to ignore most advice, especially what you read online.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:39 am

Of course you should.

It’s junk advice, and might get you a punch in the face.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 11:12 am

Ignore it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 2:45 am

Red Pill works for attractive, charismatic men on shallow, brain-dead women, for the purposes of one-night-stands and short flings. It'll most likely get you absolutely nowhere.

The real purpose of Red Pill is for some as*holes to sell sh***y books to impressionable men.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 3:00 am

PUA-type advice run the gamut from the actually useful and somewhat obvious i.e. focus on improving yourself, dress well, work out, cultivate interests, built self-esteem etc. all the way up to the downright bizarre i.e. wear a big weird hat to stand out from the crowd and attract the females. For the good ones you don't need them, and for the weird ones you definitively don't need them.