How many Asperger/autistic people are in a relationship?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Oculus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2019, 4:32 pm

nick007 wrote:
My girlfriend is kinda on the boarder of having Borderline Personality Disorder in addition to her having Aspergers. She has volatile moods sometimes & at the worst of times can be almost abusive. Her psych thinks her bad chronic depression is a major factor & my girlfreind tried LOTS & LOTS of antidepressants & hasn't had much improvement on any of them. She mostly just seems to get the side-effects. May I ask what med or med combination has helped your wife the most. Your welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Ooops .. I already PM'd you before noticing a miscommunication. By "BP" I meant "Bipolar" not "Boderline Personality" :( I'm sorry for having been unclear, and should have fully spelled it out the first time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Dec 2019, 7:23 pm

Oculus wrote:
nick007 wrote:
My girlfriend is kinda on the boarder of having Borderline Personality Disorder in addition to her having Aspergers. She has volatile moods sometimes & at the worst of times can be almost abusive. Her psych thinks her bad chronic depression is a major factor & my girlfreind tried LOTS & LOTS of antidepressants & hasn't had much improvement on any of them. She mostly just seems to get the side-effects. May I ask what med or med combination has helped your wife the most. Your welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Ooops .. I already PM'd you before noticing a miscommunication. By "BP" I meant "Bipolar" not "Boderline Personality" :( I'm sorry for having been unclear, and should have fully spelled it out the first time.
It's alright. The abbreviations do get confusing & both disorders involve having unstable moods.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mediumchill2020
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2019, 12:31 am

I have been married 12 years but quite unhappy. My diagnosis came late and I have started questioning my entire life ever since.
I stay with my husband because he is the only person I have ever dated and cannot imagine finding anyone else who tolerates my weirdness and clumsiness.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:30 am

I've apparently dated almost exclusively ASD men. I didn't really notice I was doing this; I am just drawn to interesting and intelligent individuals, and this always seems to land me with other ASD. Most of my platonic friends and girlfriends also seem somewhere on the spectrum. I have honed my radar :lol:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

that's what I've long been a believer of

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

I have AS and have been dating an NT girl for almost 18 months.

We both have the same medical issues and often joke about them whenever we go out on a date.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm

Jeez, the stories here stink.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 11:51 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I have AS and have been dating an NT girl for almost 18 months.

We both have the same medical issues and often joke about them whenever we go out on a date.

how did you and her first meet?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 3:42 pm

I've been in a relationship for seven years with a man I met four years earlier who had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Meeting him led to my first inkling that I too might be on the autism spectrum.

I suspect that most though not all of my previous relationships were with people on the spectrum too.

My boyfriend also has depression but, luckily, is on a good medication. As long as he stays on said medication (and stays OFF of recreational drugs and alcohol), we get along well.

Both of us being autistic helps us understand each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

My wife and I have enjoyed our relationship for over a quarter-century.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:45 pm

some inspiring words here and there