Do women simply just dislike Aspie men?

Page 48 of 61 [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 61  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:08 pm

I wouldn't want my guy to drive a flashy sports car, especially in a stand-out colour (yellow, bright green, red, etc).

I'd be mortified that everyone was staring at me / us, thinking I was into material status.

A car with power is good though, and most definitely you need to drive like a man.

:heart:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:12 pm

In all seriousness, my obsession with all things gearhead RARELY gets me a date.

I think the man/machine connection might be on a somewhat absurdly intense level for me. I can't imagine how that looks.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:15 pm

My next car will be an FR-S or 86, preferably in a bright colour and as always a proper transmission (a manual) is mandatory. I'm not sure they're really flashy though, they're really just a low, RWD economy car that handles well. They literally come with the same tires as a Prius from the factory. I don't like grey or beige cars and I'd rather own something RWD for my next car since I've only owned FWD cars.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
My next car will be an FR-S or 86, preferably in a bright colour and as always a proper transmission (a manual) is mandatory. I'm not sure they're really flashy though, they're really just a low, RWD economy car that handles well. They literally come with the same tires as a Prius from the factory. I don't like grey or beige cars and I'd rather own something RWD for my next car since I've only owned FWD cars.

Silver is the worst basic colour car, in my opinion. They look unfinished. Yes manual is ideal.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:23 pm

cberg wrote:
In all seriousness, my obsession with all things gearhead RARELY gets me a date.

I think the man/machine connection might be on a somewhat absurdly intense level for me. I can't imagine how that looks.

My brother and my ex have that absurdly intense connection with vehicles, and so did my father.

I think it's hot tbh. Just don't drive something bright yellow or hog the cup holder. :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:28 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Silver is the worst basic colour car, in my opinion. They look unfinished.

Like the raw ZAMAC version. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:32 pm

I had a white car for about two weeks and went crazy. I had to give it back, and get black.

I don't know why I got it. Maybe peer pressure because lots of women had white cars. I couldn't stand the view when I was driving, and it just felt wrong. I've always driven black.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I had a white car for about two weeks and went crazy. I had to give it back, and get black.

I don't know why I got it. Maybe peer pressure because lots of women had white cars. I couldn't stand the view when I was driving, and it just felt wrong. I've always driven black.

I miss my black Ac EL. If I ever have money for a second/classic car, I really want a '94-01 Integra with an EL front clip swapped on although a Chevy Vega with a Honda F or K engine would be the other plan.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:48 pm

I don't know what those are ^ lol. The only classic car I know by sight is the Mustang Shelby -- which I really like.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't know what those are ^ lol. The only classic car I know by sight is the Mustang Shelby -- which I really like.

That's an Integra with the normal front end, they wore a different front end in Japan and I'd put one from another related car on it.

This is a Vega, specifically the facelifted version.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 10:32 pm

I would love someday to get one of the classic MG convertibles! Probably will never happen, but sure would be fun to drive!

Now time to go listen to David Gilmour solo music!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 10:36 pm

^^

Gee thanks for the yellow car. :roll: :wink:

I like the Vega. It looks like Pulp Fiction music.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 11:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
^^

Would this be the Vegas soundtrack?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 11:38 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
^^

Would this be the Vegas soundtrack?

Well, at least Vincent Vega's. :P

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 11:39 pm

Perfect!

The link didn't work for me but I googled. Makes me want a Royale with cheese ...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 11:41 pm