Girl asking about places to eat = might want to date?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 4:52 pm

So the other day this girl I hardly know popped up on my Facebook out of the blue saying she was thinking of going to my city to go somewhere and eat a burger with someone, and asked me if I had any suggestions. I basically just said I don't eat out much and she'd be better off asking someone else. She then named dropped one place in particular and told me she wanted to go to there, but I ignored that and basically just killed the conversation by reiterating I had no idea and couldn't help her.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but then the next day I saw something she posted on her timeline about her having recently left a relationship and looking for someone new and it got me wondering, was she maybe trying to drop hints that she wanted to go with me? Or am I reading too much into it?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 5:50 pm

Maybe.
She may have been angling to gauge your interest.
Lost opportunity is lost.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 6:05 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Lost opportunity is lost.

This. But you can still ask her out. :wink:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 6:13 pm

I often missed out on things like that. I would be thinking "She must be hungry!"

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2020, 8:59 pm

I was pretty clueless when I was in my 20s. Any woman who wasn't going to up and make a physical pass could drop hints all day to no avail. You live and learn.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:14 am

She is seeking for a rebound guy.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2020, 4:25 am

She wants a rebound guy to keep her company, have sex, confuse him and make him feel bad and then she will drop him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:48 am

robo37 wrote:
So the other day this girl I hardly know popped up on my Facebook out of the blue saying she was thinking of going to my city to go somewhere and eat a burger with someone, and asked me if I had any suggestions. I basically just said I don't eat out much and she'd be better off asking someone else.
She gave you a chance, and you blew it.
robo37 wrote:
She then named dropped one place in particular and told me she wanted to go to there, but I ignored that and basically just killed the conversation by reiterating I had no idea and couldn't help her.
She gave you a second chance, and you blew it again.
robo37 wrote:
I didn't think anything of it at the time, but then the next day I saw something she posted on her timeline about her having recently left a relationship and looking for someone new and it got me wondering, was she maybe trying to drop hints that she wanted to go with me?
Most likely "Yes"; she probably did want to go out with you, and was willing to travel to your city to do it.
robo37 wrote:
Or am I reading too much into it?
No, you are not reading too much into it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:31 pm

Why don't you try asking her about grabbing some food from the grocery store and go have a picnic in a park?