Page 2 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,090
Location: Oz

30 Jun 2020, 2:33 am

magz wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
"Don't be aggressive, it's not feminine, be passive-aggressive instead" :twisted:

Unfortunately, I see it all the time among "submissive" types, both genders. When people (honestly, myself included) for any reason notoriously fail to communicate their needs - passive agression, blaming and other toxic behaviors emerge to care for their needs instead.


I attract passive-aggressives.
I have done so all my life.
This is one of the reasons I give people the miss wherever I can, in real life.
Life is so much better without that BS, seriously. :wink:


_________________
Any Autistic who is a neo-Nazi is a fool.

Racism against Germans is a thing.I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;) Many on the left of politics disrespect critical thinkers.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,053
Location: US

30 Jun 2020, 3:09 am

Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,090
Location: Oz

30 Jun 2020, 3:14 am

sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.


Reason would suggest evolution may have stacked the deck,
But I didn't tell you that. Shhhh! 8O


_________________
Any Autistic who is a neo-Nazi is a fool.

Racism against Germans is a thing.I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;) Many on the left of politics disrespect critical thinkers.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,641

30 Jun 2020, 3:19 am

me also tend to be the ones who put out the garbage/bins, clean toilets, cut the grass (in addition to walking in the freezing cold at 3am to check the back yard because some owl or possum decided to make a racket).



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,090
Location: Oz

30 Jun 2020, 5:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
me also tend to be the ones who put out the garbage/bins, clean toilets, cut the grass (in addition to walking in the freezing cold at 3am to check the back yard because some owl or possum decided to make a racket).



_________________
Any Autistic who is a neo-Nazi is a fool.

Racism against Germans is a thing.I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;) Many on the left of politics disrespect critical thinkers.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,132

30 Jun 2020, 5:21 am

magz wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
"Don't be aggressive, it's not feminine, be passive-aggressive instead" :twisted:

Unfortunately, I see it all the time among "submissive" types, both genders. When people (honestly, myself included) for any reason notoriously fail to communicate their needs - passive agression, blaming and other toxic behaviors emerge to care for their needs instead.


Yeah, it is indeed very common.

My favourite one from the article is "cry instead of yelling" :lol:

The fallacies, assumptions and black and white thinking (with a dash of self-righteousness) make the whole piece unintentionally hilarious anyway :lol:

I know it's supposed to be a "male fantasy" but definitely not my cup of tea, amazing how many people seem to think you can't have a balanced relationship, but Fnord already addressed that :P


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,090
Location: Oz

30 Jun 2020, 6:40 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
magz wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
"Don't be aggressive, it's not feminine, be passive-aggressive instead" :twisted:

Unfortunately, I see it all the time among "submissive" types, both genders. When people (honestly, myself included) for any reason notoriously fail to communicate their needs - passive agression, blaming and other toxic behaviors emerge to care for their needs instead.


Yeah, it is indeed very common.

My favourite one from the article is "cry instead of yelling" :lol:

The fallacies, assumptions and black and white thinking (with a dash of self-righteousness) make the whole piece unintentionally hilarious anyway :lol:

I know it's supposed to be a "male fantasy" but definitely not my cup of tea, amazing how many people seem to think you can't have a balanced relationship, but Fnord already addressed that :P


Not mine either.
I always had the belief that an equitable relationship was the best sort of relationship.

What she is proposing is a 2-dimensional representation of how people should act.
Is there any evidence she is a committed Christian, btw?
Perhaps she is one of the Stepford Wives? 8O


_________________
Any Autistic who is a neo-Nazi is a fool.

Racism against Germans is a thing.I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;) Many on the left of politics disrespect critical thinkers.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


magz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,149
Location: Poland

30 Jun 2020, 7:18 am

sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.

I just don't like the whole dominant-submissive concept of relationships. May be nice for BDSM fantasies but for a long term relationship, I prefer cooperative-cooperative.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,090
Location: Oz

30 Jun 2020, 7:55 am

magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.

I just don't like the whole dominant-submissive concept of relationships. May be nice for BDSM fantasies but for a long term relationship, I prefer cooperative-cooperative.


I would expect it.


_________________
Any Autistic who is a neo-Nazi is a fool.

Racism against Germans is a thing.I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;) Many on the left of politics disrespect critical thinkers.

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


magz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,149
Location: Poland

30 Jun 2020, 8:32 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.

I just don't like the whole dominant-submissive concept of relationships. May be nice for BDSM fantasies but for a long term relationship, I prefer cooperative-cooperative.

I would expect it.

Oh, come on, if you want to spend decades with someone, you need to learn some more mature ways of dealing with conflicts than "You must do what I say because of my sexual organs and different hormone balance!"


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


Archmage Arcane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 13 Jun 2019
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 370
Location: Connecticut, USA

30 Jun 2020, 9:33 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I recently came across this article and was honestly a bit shocked:

https://pairedlife.com/relationships/Ho ... ssive-Wife

I may be girly and feminine but I still believe in equal relationships. The husband and wife helping each other. In my kind of relationship we both clean the house. We assist each other in tasks. We get through things together.

Who wants to hear a guy complain about things when the woman can’t complain either?


'Leave it to Beaver' and 'The Donna Reed Show' are going to sue for infringement.

Either that or 1955 will start a class action.



Breanbyurn
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 21 Oct 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 14

30 Jun 2020, 10:08 am

How does someone who's not genuinely interested in it come across such an article?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,875
Location: Stendec

30 Jun 2020, 10:13 am

Breanbyurn wrote:
How does someone who's not genuinely interested in it come across such an article?
The same way you came across this thread: You saw the title, became curious, decided to find out more about it, and ...

<* CLICK *>

... here you are!


:D


_________________
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."
-- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


Breanbyurn
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 21 Oct 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 14

30 Jun 2020, 12:13 pm

Fnord wrote:
Breanbyurn wrote:
How does someone who's not genuinely interested in it come across such an article?
The same way you came across this thread: You saw the title, became curious, decided to find out more about it, and ...

<* CLICK *>

... here you are!


:D


You mean search engine results on certain keywords just pop up on your screen like forum threads do?



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,053
Location: US

30 Jun 2020, 1:44 pm

magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.

I just don't like the whole dominant-submissive concept of relationships. May be nice for BDSM fantasies but for a long term relationship, I prefer cooperative-cooperative.

Teams can be cooperative it usually there’s one who’s in charge.
Most relationships tend to have one partner who’s more in charge.
So I’m not speaking of total submission. But example in most relationships the guy has to decide where to go eat for example, I’ve noticed a lot of women I’ve seen will be like I’m hungry where should we eat. I’m indecisive due to anxiety, I want equal input but I’d prefer a gf or wife be the leader. I think it’s called female lead relationship. But I could be wrong. Most relationships are male led, but I can tell you the women in said relationships have equal say and more control then people would think. A lot of guys have to get permission to buy anything, hardly sounds like the submissive woman has no say. They just prefer the guy make decisions but hold veto powers you would say.
I’m probably better at saving money then planning trips, deciding what to go eat, if I should buy something or not. I’ve found it uncomfortable on dates where I’m expected to decided everything.
Think of it as this you’re at a t road you have to go left or right, you say left your husband says right. Which way do you think you’d end up going? That’s who’s more dominant or in charge. It’s almost always someone, i dont know if two equally dominant or submissive people could do a relationship. Both would either expect to lead or follow.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,053
Location: US

30 Jun 2020, 1:46 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Finding a dominant woman isn’t easy. I dont know if it’s societal or biology but it does seem like most women are submissive. I find it annoying.
Perhaps is I was dominant it wouldn’t be.

Which is why relationships where the woman is dominant are seen as strange and odd.

I just don't like the whole dominant-submissive concept of relationships. May be nice for BDSM fantasies but for a long term relationship, I prefer cooperative-cooperative.

I would expect it.

Oh, come on, if you want to spend decades with someone, you need to learn some more mature ways of dealing with conflicts than "You must do what I say because of my sexual organs and different hormone balance!"


That has nothing to do with dominant and submissive. Gay couples will tend to have dominant and submissive. Or to say another way, leader and follower. Which has nothing to do with cooperative or equal.