My ex texted me last month to see if I was "doing okay". -_-

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 2:27 pm

Last month I apparently received a text from my ex boyfriend to see if I was doing alright with COVID. I just saw it today though.

He just texted me back and said "yeah I was just trying to see if everyone was okay."

This is so awkward. Old wounds are reopening and all that. Either he'll try to get back together or promptly ghost me again... sigh.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:07 pm

If he's someone who ghosted you then I would tell him "go fk yourself", if I were you.

But ignoring him is probably stronger.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 5:41 pm

People who break up don’t have to be enemies.

I’m thinking the ex-boyfriend might have regretted his decision to ghost Whale Tuune.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 6:27 pm

I think everyone ghosting each other these days is a dumb trend exacerbated by social media company's behavioral modification experiments.

If you don't want to think in those terms, it's not mandatory.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 8:07 pm

What is ghosting? Wearing a sheet over ones head?

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 8:17 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

Basically someone ignoring you or hiding from you.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 8:20 pm

Blint wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Thanks.

So in this context, Whale Tuune would be doing the ghosting? (I am just trying to understand the concept of what the term means).

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 9:44 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:
Last month I apparently received a text from my ex boyfriend to see if I was doing alright with COVID. I just saw it today though.

He just texted me back and said "yeah I was just trying to see if everyone was okay."

This is so awkward. Old wounds are reopening and all that. Either he'll try to get back together or promptly ghost me again... sigh.

It's almost impossible for me to know what to think without knowing much more about that previous relationship and why/how it ended. The only conclusion I can draw is that you carry way more emotional baggage regarding that relationship than your ex.

I hope you can "move on" soon.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:04 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:

Can you do better?

If you want to get back together with him, do it on your terms.
He texted you.
You have the power.

I get the impression you want to move on.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:15 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Blint wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Thanks.

So in this context, Whale Tuune would be doing the ghosting? (I am just trying to understand the concept of what the term means).

He ghosted her.
She now has the opportunity to ghost him, hook up again with him or tell him she is not interested in a bf/gf relationship, anymore.

BTW,
As Fnord says: "Google is your friend."
I had to Google it too.
Took 10 seconds.

Or did you just want to have an interaction? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
People who break up don’t have to be enemies.

I’m thinking the ex-boyfriend might have regretted his decision to ghost Whale Tuune.

You are a kind man.
I am not that kind. :mrgreen:

I would tell him to take a flying leap,
But I don't know the entire circumstance.
<shrug>

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:19 am

Ghosting is a sh*tty behaviour. One girl did once towards me even that she had a crush on me. She did because she was nasty once before towards me and did feel ashamed. She became nasty because she was jelously on another girl who I did hug for greeting just in front of her. I had no clue that she even had a crush on me. It was impossible to talk to her afterwards and to get the problems out of the world. :?

Hugging another women in a nice way in front of a girl who has a crush on you seems to be a hard thing for the ones who are into you. One women who had a littly crush on me did dislike once that I had some beer before I asked her whether she really likes me. She became arrogant. The very next I did greet another women I unexpected met in front of her and her lesbian girlfriend. I wasn't aware that the women who I did hug was a lesbian and kind of a raptor among the lesbians. The woman and her girl girlfriend had a look like both had lost their religion and all their beliefs afterwards. Two totally disappointed and emotionless RBFs side by side. I have never seen any faces like this in my whole life. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If he's someone who ghosted you then I would tell him "go fk yourself", if I were you.

But ignoring him is probably stronger.

I tend to agree, my ugly friend. :mrgreen:

However, :mrgreen:
Tuune seems to be a very gentle person.
I can't see her telling someone off, and there isn't any real need to. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:30 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Ghosting is a sh*tty behaviour. One girl did once towards me even that she had a crush on me. She did because she was nasty once before towards me and did feel ashamed. She became nasty because she was jelously on another girl who I did hug for greeting just in front of her. I had no clue that she even had a crush on me. It was impossible to talk to her afterwards and to get the problems out of the world. :?

I doubt the situation is the same, for Tuune, but I don't really know.
In your situation, I would actually feel flattered.
People behave oddly, especially young ones.

quite an extreme wrote:
Hugging another women in a nice way in front of a girl who has a crush on you seems to be a hard thing for the ones who are into you.

I wouldn't know. :mrgreen:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 1:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

Ghosting is abruptly cutting contact with someone while giving no actual notice. They would try to contact you and just get static in return, since you either have them completely blocked on things or are just ignoring them.

If someone ghosted you and then tried to contact you later on I wouldn't consider ignoring their attempts as ghosting them, as you didn't have contact with them before their attempt anyways.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 2:21 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Ghosting is abruptly cutting contact with someone while giving no actual notice.
This has happened to me twice in the past week. :cry: