A woman's perspective on First Person Shooter Games.

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2020, 12:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
So, can you explain how much flirting you did,
And how much flirting did "The Boys" do?

Wow man, this is difficult.. It’s been 8 years.
I was more someone that was joking around, instead of taking things seriously. The boys got quite emotional a lot and wanted to get closer to me. Wanted to have private conversations with me and stuff..
It was all a bit a playful thing.. I don’t want to go into detail too much :lol:
Pepe wrote:
Did it become annoying?

I was mostly flattered, because of their seriousness. It was funny with most of them. But yes, rarely some guys were very annoying and “attached”. Mostly it were the ones that sucked at playing and just wanted to talk. Ughh..
Pepe wrote:
Did you need a big stick, next to your computer?

No, but next to my PlayStation :mrgreen:
Pepe wrote:
If it was on the PC, I image the language could have gotten pretty bad, based on my experience.
Were there sexist comments directed to you?

Oh yeah it was dirty. :lol:
It was hilarious. I was talking as much sexist stuff as them. I was even supporting the insulting ones in saying stuff that is exaggerated, to make them look stupid in front of the others. You can not diss a girl that’s better in the game than you… Sorry, but nahh.
And not just that - I also changed the mind of a lot of guys they had about girls playing shooter-games. If there would be one with bad attitude, we ensured that he was in the enemy-team, so I could destroy him personally.
I also had “my boys” that knew me very well supporting me with my jokes and everything else.
So after all I had much respect.

Oh and besides that, since my voice is high, I got mistaken a lot of times for being a "kiddie". lol
We were messing around with them of course.
Pepe wrote:
Were you treated better than the boys because you were a "Girl"?

You mean in the clan? No.
In general? Yes, of course :lol:
But actually, just to make it clear: At the right beginning, when I was really shy, there were not a lot of guys giving me attention, so it doesn’t have much to do with me being "just a girl". I knew other girls in the game… It was really the way how I talked to people and how I was attracting all the attention with my personality and my skills. And I’m saying this without being arrogant, it’s just the truth. :shrug:

Pepe wrote:
Did you have dedicated medics following you around to give you med packs and revive you when you were taken down?

That doesn’t exist in COD, but they surly would’ve ;)
Pepe wrote:
If not, what was wrong with them? :mrgreen:

If not, they had a girlfriend;) Or they simply were emotionally guarded.
Pepe wrote:
Were there many/any other women playing, at the time?

I remember three other girls in that wider circle of people. Two of them were not so good in the game, and more innocent, shy, superficial and girly-like... means less interesting for the boys…
There was one other woman, that happens to be ten years older than me. She is freaking hot and I love her character. She’s really a badass of a personality and had the same effect on the boys like I did, even if she was very rough and way more vulgar than I was. But we never competed, because she was “hanging around” more with the older guys in the game, while I was with the younger ones… we sometimes played in the same party and had some little chats. And it was clear how we both knew very well what was going on with the boys hahaha.
I still have her on facebook, she’s really cool and hot for her age.
Pepe wrote:
I imagine many guys wanted to meet you in person?

Yes.
Pepe wrote:
After all, women who like to play FPS games are a rare and valuable commodity.

Not in my opinion. I never felt like girls were “needed” as gamers. And I say this as a girl. I see myself as very different than other girls, because I have such a strong masculine side. And in my experience, girls either cause too much trouble or get dissed too badly. You need a strong character to keep up with the boys. As long as if you’re an authentic Tom-boy, it works well.

Oh and another thing… I didn’t mean that my clan back then didn’t want to recruit me because I was a girl. I meant that they recruited me because of my skills, and not because I was a girl.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:12 pm

LunaticCentruroides wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What is a non-sexual intercourse?

Social intercourse, I believe.
Talking? 8)

lol naahh. More like kissing, cuddling, sleeping in the same bed and stuff like this.
:lol: Sorry, I didn't know how to write it better.

So I guess Intercourse = automatically sex? :nerdy:

In a sexual context, yes. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:41 pm

Pepe wrote:
So, can you explain how much flirting you did,
And how much flirting did "The Boys" do?

Wow man, this is difficult.. It’s been 8 years.
I was more someone that was joking around, instead of taking things seriously. The boys got quite emotional a lot and wanted to get closer to me. Wanted to have private conversations with me and stuff..
It was all a bit a playful thing.. I don’t want to go into detail too much :lol:
Pepe wrote:
Did it become annoying?

I was mostly flattered, because of their seriousness. It was funny with most of them. But yes, rarely some guys were very annoying and “attached”. Mostly it were the ones that sucked at playing and just wanted to talk. Ughh..
Pepe wrote:
Did you need a big stick, next to your computer?

No, but next to my PlayStation :mrgreen:
Pepe wrote:
If it was on the PC, I image the language could have gotten pretty bad, based on my experience.
Were there sexist comments directed to you?

Oh yeah it was dirty. :lol:
It was hilarious. I was talking as much sexist stuff as them. I was even supporting the insulting ones in saying stuff that is exaggerated, to make them look stupid in front of the others. You can not diss a girl that’s better in the game than you… Sorry, but nahh.
And not just that - I also changed the mind of a lot of guys they had about girls playing shooter-games. If there would be one with bad attitude, we ensured that he was in the enemy-team, so I could destroy him personally.
I also had “my boys” that knew me very well supporting me with my jokes and everything else.
So after all I had much respect.

Oh and besides that, since my voice is high, I got mistaken a lot of times for being a "kiddie". lol
We were messing around with them of course.
Pepe wrote:
Were you treated better than the boys because you were a "Girl"?

You mean in the clan? No.
In general? Yes, of course :lol:
But actually, just to make it clear: At the right beginning, when I was really shy, there were not a lot of guys giving me attention, so it doesn’t have much to do with me being "just a girl". I knew other girls in the game… It was really the way how I talked to people and how I was attracting all the attention with my personality and my skills. And I’m saying this without being arrogant, it’s just the truth. :shrug:

Pepe wrote:
Did you have dedicated medics following you around to give you med packs and revive you when you were taken down?

That doesn’t exist in COD, but they surly would’ve ;)
Pepe wrote:
If not, what was wrong with them? :mrgreen:

If not, they had a girlfriend;) Or they simply were emotionally guarded.
Pepe wrote:
Were there many/any other women playing, at the time?

I remember three other girls in that wider circle of people. Two of them were not so good in the game, and more innocent, shy, superficial and girly-like... means less interesting for the boys…
There was one other woman, that happens to be ten years older than me. She is freaking hot and I love her character. She’s really a badass of a personality and had the same effect on the boys like I did, even if she was very rough and way more vulgar than I was. But we never competed, because she was “hanging around” more with the older guys in the game, while I was with the younger ones… we sometimes played in the same party and had some little chats. And it was clear how we both knew very well what was going on with the boys hahaha.
I still have her on facebook, she’s really cool and hot for her age.
Pepe wrote:
I imagine many guys wanted to meet you in person?

Yes.
Pepe wrote:
After all, women who like to play FPS games are a rare and valuable commodity.

Not in my opinion. I never felt like girls were “needed” as gamers. And I say this as a girl. I see myself as very different than other girls, because I have such a strong masculine side. And in my experience, girls either cause too much trouble or get dissed too badly. You need a strong character to keep up with the boys. As long as if you’re an authentic Tom-boy, it works well.

Oh and another thing… I didn’t mean that my clan back then didn’t want to recruit me because I was a girl. I meant that they recruited me because of my skills, and not because I was a girl.

This has been a fascinating exploration into the mindset of boys, men, and women in a FPS setting, and I am appreciative of you giving, we "Boys" in particular, some greater insight.

Ladies, gentlemen, and the gender diverse,
That concludes the interview, for this secession.
If there are any questions, the opportunity to ask is now.

Refreshments are in the foyer area.

But before we conclude, I would like to announce the winner of the lucky door prize.
The winner is: sly279.
Congratulations.

And the prize is a three-course dinner date with our lovely, charming, TomBoy, Miss LunaticCentruroides herself. 8)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:48 pm

^ What? There was a FPS competition and you didn’t invite me? Traitor! :evil: :ninja:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ What? There was a FPS competition and you didn’t invite me? Traitor! :evil: :ninja:

Quote:
door prize
noun
noun: door prize; plural noun: door prizes

a prize which each person present at an event has a chance to win, usually by means of a draw or raffle.

:wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:28 pm

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:
door prize
noun

a prize which each person present at an event has a chance to win, usually by means of a draw or raffle.

But I did bribe you. :skull: That wasn’t the promised outcome.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2020, 6:00 pm

Pepe wrote:

This has been a fascinating exploration into the mindset of boys, men, and women in a FPS setting, and I am appreciative of you giving, we "Boys" in particular, some greater insight.

But before we conclude, I would like to announce the winner of the lucky door prize.
Congratulations.

And the prize is a three-course dinner date with our lovely, charming, TomBoy, Miss LunaticCentruroides herself. 8)

The heck?! You fooled me, you bastard! :evil: :lmao:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 11:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 6:36 am

I am noticing a funny pattern here, need more posts to confirm it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:
door prize
noun

But I did bribe you. :skull: That wasn’t the promised outcome.

Someone "Gazumped" you.
Next time, don't be so cheap. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:38 pm

sly279 wrote:

So, How did the dinner date go, sly? 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am noticing a funny pattern here, need more posts to confirm it.

Look in the mirror.
Now THERE is a funny pattern. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:41 pm

Pepe wrote:

Congratulations.

How did I fool you? :scratch:
I gave you half the bribe money. 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 3:01 pm

LC, I challenge you in the egg shooting game.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm

Pepe wrote:

Congratulations.

"The prize" was dinner with you, not you. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 5:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
LC, I challenge you in the egg shooting game.

I don't fancy your chances. ;)