Not interested in dating a guy who works to much on his arms

Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 5:56 pm

The guy at my place of employment probably used steroids I am guessing.

I mean I lift weights and workout but I only get up to 168 pounds max at 5ft7 3/4

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 6:00 pm

Jamesy wrote:

I mean I lift weights and workout but I only get up to 168 pounds max at 5ft7 3/4

Use steroids.
I hear they shrink your testicles.
That may or may not be an urban myth. :mrgreen:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 6:36 pm

Pepe wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Use steroids.

To get to 182 pounds at 5ft7 you probably have to take steroids right?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Use steroids.

No idea.

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 7:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
... ... ...
Sad but true...People in general are highly superficial...And one is treated based on appearance...I am a petite brunette, slim at 5'...Pretty but insignificant...That is, until i speak...Then, heads turn...Maybe it is the soft and sweet, yet firm, tone of my voice..."Invisible" in my own family...To this day, i struggle to be heard...And so, i have been forced to develop a strong character, one unlike my fragile nature...Not aggressive but assertive in order to survive in this world of the survival of the fittest...No wonder i admire that which i lack: physical strength...

And so, consciously or not, i fell in love with my husband's strength...At 6 feet tall and an athletic built, he turns heads everywhere he goes...He has been lifting weights since he was young for appx. two decades, and it really shows...But this is because he already has the right genes...He is Caribbean of African descent...To date, his waistline remains at 32 inches...His wide back is in the shape of a triangle, really!! !...Each shoulder is 20 inches wide...He orders XL suits that must be altered completely...(Some XL do not fit his broad shoulders, so he must order XXL)...Indeed, his appearance is intimidating and at the same time incredibly attractive :heart: :heart: :heart: ...I tell him that he is my personal "Black Panther" :wink: ...My greatest fear is that i lose him to Hollywood, when Hollywood discovers him...No exaggeration!! !...

Ironically, when i first met him at a Christian meeting...He was wearing a suit that hid his muscles...And said suit gave me the impression that he was fat, which i didn't mind at all...Later, i discovered that the bulkiness turned-out to be the massive volume of his muscles :D ...During our courtship, i told him that i much prefer lean muscles...And since then, he has focused more on the toning and not so much on the volume...Now his body is naturally PERFECT...I am happy to report that during this pandemic--at a time when gyms have closed--my husband continues to work-out regularly at a 'gym' he improvised in our property...This is because his motivation has not been vanity but for health reasons...Suffice to say, I am happier now that he is saving 40 dollars of monthly membership...Plus, i don't have to worry about flirtatious women--with sculptured bodies to perfection--approaching him at the gym...

Now, i am the one that appears to be superficial, right?! :oops: ...In my defense, i will say the following...That in my younger years, i did not choose to date muscular young men...They chose me...I just seemed to attract them, among them he who won the body building contest at my local community college...We dated for three months only, and i broke it off...If muscles matter that much to me, i would have married him...(He proposed to me twice in a three year period)...In my defense, i should also add that my two subsequent boyfriends were attractive but not at all muscular...(My first love was :wink: )...And last but not least, if my beloved (Aspie) husband lost his strength, i would still love him...Maybe even more so :heart: :heart: :heart: ...For now, i cannot and i will not deny that i absolutely love to feel the strength of his body over mine :wink:

Post Script: I also love the respect that i get with him by my side...Sad but true...People give respect solely based on appearances... :cry:

I have the exact same physique, as your husband.
I'm just half an inch taller. 8)

Lol...Then, you are a rare species... :wink:

Keep me in mind, if you want a change. 8)

You are too funny, Pepe :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:41 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Use steroids.

No, you just need to be stocky. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 7:10 am

KimD wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
The women I know tend to think body builders are shallow, self-obsessed and not very bright.This is probably a gross generalization
I myself prefer the intellectual athletic type :D

Yes; I would say that at least some women consider WHY a guy is bulky (even if they jump to the wrong conclusion). Does he do a lot of physical work? Is he into a sport or hobby that involves upper body strength? Is he just into fitness and happen to be the body type that bulks up more easily than others, or is he totally into protein shakes and obsessed with his appearance?

Personally, I might draw conclusions about someone's appearance, but I didn't go "body shopping" or whatever when I was young and single. Quite the opposite, actually. My husband and I started out as friends and *then* we fell in love. It wasn't about physical attraction at all for me--granted, he was VERY skinny and needed braces as well as a hairstyle, but I didn't turn him down because of that. He's
a sweet, smart, funny, responsible, and handsome guy--I hear what other women say about their husbands and feel sorry for them (or wonder why they said "I do"). He and I have been together for 32 years and couldn't be happier. :heart:

... ... ...
So-o-o happy for you...You are both blessed to have each other...You chose right :D

guy_xyz
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2020, 12:14 pm

Like soylent cola, it varies from person to person.

A person doesn't need to be attractive to most people, only to enough to give choices.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 11:18 pm

I like the big, cuddly types who are built like Schultz.