Am I the only person on the planet that doesn't want kids?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:51 pm

There's a difference between not having kids, choosing not to have kids and regretting having kids.

Most things in life it's ok to regret.

The life of another human being isn't one of them. Esp if you're meant to love them.

That's why it's important to put a lot of thought into if you want to have kids or not. Before you have them.

Imagine if you were one of those kids and you found out your parents had written they wished you hadn't been born. It's horrible.

Theoretical human beings on the other hand...

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 4:25 pm

There are lots of nice ways for preventing children: https://darwinawards.com :wink:

Davideus85
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2020, 4:39 pm

When I told a friend recently I didn't want kids, his response was "Why on earth not? They're cute".
Seriously? Your reason for wanting to give yourself up, your time and money, to bringing a new human being into this world is because "they're cute" ? If I want something cute, I'll adopt a puppy. People have insanely shallow reasons for doing what they do.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 6:51 pm

Davideus85 wrote:
People have insanely shallow reasons for doing what they do.

May be that some people have to learn to love first before they want kids. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 7:06 pm

nick007 wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Just search for the childfree groups on Facebook, there is like a whole movement. The "I regret having kids" page is quite popular.
There's also The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement aka VHEMT.

Some countries/cultures decide which child/baby lives or dies, dependent on the sex.

Davideus85 wrote:
When I told a friend recently I didn't want kids, his response was "Why on earth not? They're cute".
Seriously? Your reason for wanting to give yourself up, your time and money, to bringing a new human being into this world is because "they're cute" ? If I want something cute, I'll adopt a puppy. People have insanely shallow reasons for doing what they do.

Absolutely, bro.

I believe a lot of men have children because they want to make their partner happy.
I better reason than "cuteness". :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 7:12 pm

KT67 wrote:
There's a difference between not having kids, choosing not to have kids and regretting having kids.

Most things in life it's ok to regret.

The life of another human being isn't one of them. Esp if you're meant to love them.

That's why it's important to put a lot of thought into if you want to have kids or not. Before you have them.

Imagine if you were one of those kids and you found out your parents had written they wished you hadn't been born. It's horrible.

Theoretical human beings on the other hand...

I "like" the following trope:

"Our relationship isn't doing well.
Let's have a kid."

:lmao: