Reasons why some people should consider dating an AS

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 9:56 pm

Stardust Parade wrote:
Those qualities can be found in anyone, ASD or otherwise.

Many aspies are compulsively honest.
I can't say the same about allistics.
8)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 4:59 am

KT67 wrote:
Ok maybe this is cos it's a trigger for me cos of my past but why do people think 'childlike' = more suitable for dating?

The answer to that could vary quite a bit depending on exactly what is meant by "childlike." There are lots of different ways that a person could conceivably be "childlike."

For example, a person could be "childlike" in the sense of having a childlike sense of humor, or a childlike sense of wonder. Nothing wrong with being attracted to that.

Or a person could be "childlike" in the sense of naive. That's likely to appeal to someone on a power trip, which could get nasty.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 10:39 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Ok maybe this is cos it's a trigger for me cos of my past but why do people think 'childlike' = more suitable for dating?

The answer to that could vary quite a bit depending on exactly what is meant by "childlike." There are lots of different ways that a person could conceivably be "childlike."

For example, a person could be "childlike" in the sense of having a childlike sense of humor, or a childlike sense of wonder. Nothing wrong with being attracted to that.

Or a person could be "childlike" in the sense of naive. That's likely to appeal to someone on a power trip, which could get nasty.

Very poignant !

where ever you go ,there you are