Do people really take star sign stuff seriously...

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 10:27 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Astrology is the mass cultural delusion that the apparent position of the sun and planets relative to arbitrarily defined "star signs" at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality and future.  Astrology has no relevance to understanding ourselves or our insignificance in the universe. 

Be carefully with that. The "star signs" are related to different seasons and it may have kind of an influence because in northern regions it has an influence regarding the sun light, the colors and the temperatures during the first months of the life when the brain of a kid grows a lot. This may influence the way that people are but has a lot less influence then the parents who raise them up of course and it doesn't changes lots of external things and their fortune of course as Astrology claims.

Yeah but me being born 25th May rather than on 20th of May has very little to do with my personality...

Spring, summer, autumn, winter babies makes sense. Esp considering that it will affect the age at which someone goes to school. Eg if all kids born before 31st of August are one school year and after 1st of September are another, that will affect them. But they won't yet be old enough for dating - it's a better description of a kid's personality than an adult's.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 10:35 am

Don’t forget the Chinese signs too.

I am dog, woof woof.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 11:55 am

My AS sister is really into starsigns and as she raised me, I became very familiar with Linda Goodman’s Star Signs book of epic proportions, and learned who goes best with what etc etc, ... As an adult, I distanced myself from anything to do with starsigns due to being in a relationship with someone who views all that as “evil” ... I only ever viewed it lightheartedly anyways, but some people really jump on it!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 12:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am dog, woof woof.

Yes. The Chinese give a sign for the entire year of birth, rather then for a month long segment of the year. The sign being an animal (dog, ox, horse, chicken, tiger, others I forget).

Im a (yuck!) sheep. Or more glamorously ...a "ram".

The Chinese menu told us that my mom's animal should NEVER marry my Dad's animal. And ...they did get marriage counsuling. So...maybe there is sumpin' to it. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am dog, woof woof.

Yes. The Chinese give a sign for the entire year of birth, rather then for a month long segment of the year. The sign being an animal (dog, ox, horse, chicken, tiger, others I forget).

The Chinese menu told us that my mom's animal should NEVER marry my Dad's animal. And ...they did get marriage counsuling. So...maybe there is sumpin' to it. :lol:

You forgot their coolest sign: Dragon!

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:47 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Off Topic
Glam ram :lol:

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 6:47 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Off Topic
Glam ram :lol:

Oh my god. That thing is great. I want one for my front yard.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 6:57 pm

One of my ex's was really into that stuff. She printed out this massive stack of papers for me when she did my read. She used the city I wasn't born in, time, likely other things I have since forgotten... Some people really do get into that sort of thing.

I think those things can be interesting enough to read about if you have extra time to kill, but I don't much believe that a zodiac sign can tell you who you will or won't get along with.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 8:04 pm

L'ère Atomique; Year of the Rooster; Month of the Weaver; Day of Woe; Half-Past the Second Hour.

Sign: Thelev, the Weaver, in repose.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.