Page 2 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 4:03 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/heightismxposed?lang=en

It is the only socially accepted and celebrated form of discrimination in our century.

Would you say that more attractive women *tend* to have worse personalities? :scratch:

It seems that way.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2020, 6:06 am

Pepe wrote:
holymackerel wrote:
I kind of feel like you are using it as a bit of an excuse. I'm 6ft and have not had a gf since I was 16. It is pretty much down to how fun you are to talk to and then online maybe looks get you that initial conversation. Being tall is not one of the main reasons people get rejected.

2 men with good personalities and similar looks.
One is tall.
One is short.

Who do you think has the advantage? :wink:

I think I didnt explain myself properly as usual... I am not saying that it is not an advantage. But on a list of priorities that women choose from, this is way down there compared to how @op is making out.

I think a better way of seeing it in perspective is. Men like choosing shorter women. How do you feel it is in terms of a dealbraker on the height of a women?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:32 am

holymackerel wrote:
Pepe wrote:
holymackerel wrote:
I kind of feel like you are using it as a bit of an excuse. I'm 6ft and have not had a gf since I was 16. It is pretty much down to how fun you are to talk to and then online maybe looks get you that initial conversation. Being tall is not one of the main reasons people get rejected.

One is tall.
One is short.

I think I didnt explain myself properly as usual... I am not saying that it is not an advantage. But on a list of priorities that women choose from, this is way down there compared to how @op is making out.

I think a better way of seeing it in perspective is. Men like choosing shorter women. How do you feel it is in terms of a dealbraker on the height of a women?

I like shorter women, but it isn't a deal-breaker. My first GF was a little taller than me.
Personality is more important.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It is the only socially accepted and celebrated form of discrimination in our century.

Would you say that more attractive women *tend* to have worse personalities? :scratch:

It seems that way.

Power corrupts.
Attractiveness is just a different type of power. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
holymackerel wrote:

One is tall.
One is short.

Even if both are short, both would be rejected by someone just because of that.

Some, but not all.
A lot of shorter women wouldn't mind a shorter man.
It does cut down the field of opportunity, though, yes.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:50 am

Jamesy wrote:
This question is aimed at guys with Aspergers who are over 6feet tall.

My question is has your tall stature helped you with getting dates or with attracting the opposite sex despite having autism? Possibly it might have opened the door to more opportunities to get laid or have a romantic relationship perhaps.
I don't think my height (6' 2") has helped me. I'm not exactly sure what has though. :)

Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 7:48 am

Me = 6'4. Wife = 5'2.

No particular advantages.
Length possibly added to the initial interest with some dates, but whatever advantage it provided was swiftly extinguished once I opened my mouth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 8:34 am

Funny that the OP mentioned ginger.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitn ... e-w209421/

Quote:
4. You're too short.

Following insights from supply and demand, California Cryobank doesn't take on donors who have a BMI outside the normal range. Among white donors, they also require their donors to be taller than 5'10". For other ethnicities, including Hispanic and Asian, the height requirement is less stringent because there are fewer applicants. Brown has heard of additional limitations from other banks, including no redheads. California Cryobank doesn’t have that rule because they want a diverse donor pool. "You want to have as complete a catalog as possible and have as many options [as possible] for people," Brown says. They usually have about 525 donors to choose from at any time.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Nov 2020, 4:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Funny that the OP mentioned ginger.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitn ... e-w209421/

Quote:
4. You're too short.

Following insights from supply and demand, California Cryobank doesn't take on donors who have a BMI outside the normal range. Among white donors, they also require their donors to be taller than 5'10". For other ethnicities, including Hispanic and Asian, the height requirement is less stringent because there are fewer applicants. Brown has heard of additional limitations from other banks, including no redheads. California Cryobank doesn’t have that rule because they want a diverse donor pool. "You want to have as complete a catalog as possible and have as many options [as possible] for people," Brown says. They usually have about 525 donors to choose from at any time.

Makes me wonder if fatter people have more blood in their veins. Do they have a limit on being skinny?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Nov 2020, 4:32 pm

Pepe wrote:
holymackerel wrote:

One is tall.
One is short.

None, they sound boring, too alike.

Can I get both? I like the cute small man so I can grab him in secret places.

But what do we know, we aren't nts. I just noticed on my sales, people both loved and hated on this particular purse, deep opposite opinions about the same thing. I don't think people are that predictable.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:09 pm

holymackerel wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What about being ginger?

How about having Autism Spectrum Disorder? I have spent my entire life being victimised by a spoilt kid who had 3 sisters, who didn't have ASD, but who happened to have ginger hair.

He tells people that i was a bully because i complained or told him off every time he stole something of mine,
he stole something of someone else etc. He used to tell people i was picking on him cause he was ginger,
when quiet the opposite was true, the reason why half the school didn't beat him up when we were at school was
because i protected him (and others who were equally as wimpish). I didn't like bullies or injustice, so by nature tried to stop bad people hurt innocent people.

Only to find out later in life many of those who's lives i saved while at school, would quiet easily turn on me given half the chance.

Yep. That's the good old days before people even knew what Autism Spectrum Disorder was and people such as myself were given no protection or support, whether by law or otherwise.

That is the injustice of this world/ Despite laws being in place, in some places, it would be a miracle to find someone who will acknowledge these laws while around people who are manipulative and in some cases wealthy.

Honest and Just men are few and far between.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:12 pm

Personally i think that some woman may be calculating the taller men's shoe size, without protection
rather than looking for protection.

Haven done martial arts all my life, most of the most lethal people i have met over my life haven't been
necessarily the biggest men, but tend to be athletic and intelligent, and in some cases, just naturally
fast due to many years of hard training, good instruction and perhaps a little of genetics.

You don't see that many girls hanging around martial art clubs to look for a guy to protect them.
More likely to find them in the pub or a coffee shop, perhaps even a library/

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 7:28 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Personally i think that some woman may be calculating the taller men's shoe size

Totally me, my shoe size is such that I have to buy from men's section. Im pretty tall too, but if I could borrow SO shoes, I wouldn't pass it up.

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 9:50 pm

I am married to a tall Aspie...He is 6' tall, and he appears taller because of his athletic built...I am only 5' short...Honestly, i don't know how much his height played in making him attractive to me...

My first love was the same height as my husband...My second and fourth boyfriends were average height...And my third boyfriend was short...Height was NOT the issue in our breakups...

I should say, though, that society expects that the man in the relationship to be taller than the lady...A stupid expectation, if you ask me...Because i know a beautiful couple wherein he is short and she is tall...Yet, they have been happily married for at least two decades...Surely a man's height is no guarantee that the relationship will succeed...

Having said the above, i suppose a tall man has the advantage in that he gets to choose a short or tall lady...Because tall ladies may prefer someone their height, they may turn down a short man...Am i making sense???

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 11:05 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
holymackerel wrote:

One is tall.
One is short.

None, they sound boring, too alike.

Can I get both? I like the cute small man so I can grab him in secret places.

I can be "cute and small" if you like. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 11:14 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Personally i think that some woman may be calculating the taller men's shoe size, without protection
rather than looking for protection.

Then, ladies, I recommend Ronald MacDonald. :mrgreen: