Surely women want to a guy who lives long enough?

Page 5 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Dec 2020, 10:40 am

Pepe wrote:
Yup.
But even without kids, you'd want someone you can have a conversation with. 8)
NT guys are sometimes sterotyped to mostley talk about guy stuff like hunting & fishing, sports, cars, drinking, & hot women. I'm thinking of the guys in the cartoon King Of The Hill standing around in an ally together drinking beer saying Yep when they are not talking about football :lol: NT women are sometimes sterotyped to dislike guy stuff. There is also a sterotype about women placing guys they like talking to in the "just friends" category. Us autistics are sometimes sterotyped as being quiet when we are not giving monologs on our special interests & us autisic guys tend to struggle a bit harder with getting relationships than NT guys do so I do not think that being able to have good conversation is a major importance for lots of NT women when chosing romantic partners.

~King Of The Hill

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 10:44 am

Gold diggers like partners not to live long but to marry them so that they can live off the wealth while seeking out a new victim or actual love interest.

Gold diggers are a bad choice of spouse.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 10:53 am

Are you guys all clueless to the fact the taller you are the higher your cancer risk?

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 11:14 am

Jamesy wrote:
Are you guys all clueless to the fact the taller you are the higher your cancer risk?
I don't fear cancer, the cancer fears me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 12:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Women are attracted to tall guys because they want to feel protected and wear heels and pass on those same tall genes to there children.

The thing is though tall men on average die much younger than shorter guys. My question is surely women would want a man to live long enough and to provide for her?

So why on average do women still gravitate towards tall men bearing in mind they don’t live as long.

There's no significant correlation between lifespan and height; and lifespan doesn't affect the attraction laws much because it's unknown.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 12:29 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Off-topic: Do you know that giant animals like whales and elephants rarely get cancer?

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 12:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Off-topic: Do you know that giant animals like whales and elephants rarely get cancer?
Interesting.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 12:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Women are attracted to tall guys because they want to feel protected and wear heels and pass on those same tall genes to there children.

The thing is though tall men on average die much younger than shorter guys. My question is surely women would want a man to live long enough and to provide for her?

So why on average do women still gravitate towards tall men bearing in mind they don’t live as long.

There's no significant correlation between lifespan and height; and lifespan doesn't affect the attraction laws much because it's unknown.

Robert Wadlow died young.....

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 1:44 pm

Jamesy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Are you wanting to talk about extremes or averages. Wadlow was an extreme case with some sort of hormone issue. Appears to be about the same when comparing lifespans of Mugsy Bogues and Shaquille O'Neal. Both are still living and both are around fifty years old. Bogues is five three and O'Neal is seven one.

uncommondenominator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2020, 2:48 pm

Jamesy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Simple coincidences mean some short people will die young, some tall people will live for ages, and vice versa - all things are possible. At worst, being bigger (whether taller, thicker, or heavier) puts more load and stress on the body and heart, making it wear out "faster" - but how much "faster", or if it even happens, depends a lot more on the individual's overall health than simply their "height and weight" - and being bigger (however that is) means having more cells and more cellular division, meaning more possibility for errors in cellular replication (such as cancer), but as of now there's only a small amount of research that links height and cancer, and even then only certain kinds if cancer, and only by small amounts, maybe.

Being overall healthy and taking proper care of one's self can negate much of these "risks".

Where exactly do you consider "tall" to start? Over 6'? Over 6'5? Over 7'?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 3:20 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Simple coincidences mean some short people will die young, some tall people will live for ages, and vice versa - all things are possible. At worst, being bigger (whether taller, thicker, or heavier) puts more load and stress on the body and heart, making it wear out "faster" - but how much "faster", or if it even happens, depends a lot more on the individual's overall health than simply their "height and weight" - and being bigger (however that is) means having more cells and more cellular division, meaning more possibility for errors in cellular replication (such as cancer), but as of now there's only a small amount of research that links height and cancer, and even then only certain kinds if cancer, and only by small amounts, maybe.

Being overall healthy and taking proper care of one's self can negate much of these "risks".

Where exactly do you consider "tall" to start? Over 6'? Over 6'5? Over 7'?

Over 5'9

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 3:52 pm

Shaq is about 48. Muggsy Bogues, I believe, is just past 50.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 7 foot 2, is in his 70s. And very healthy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 4:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Are you clueless? Most people don't consider trivia like that when falling in love so it's not actually relevant.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm

Women want guys for all kinds of reasons, hopefully one of those reasons is because they love them. Love means you accept someone despite the risk of future heartbreak.
It's no different from marrying someone who's family has a history of heart disease, or stroke, or mental illness.
Where are you going to draw the line?
You can't foresee every variable, so you have to either decide to take a chance on no one, or accept that there are risks to everything in life.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 5:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Nah it's just that in my family, the last time a man looked after a woman financially was in my grandparents' day.

Cos feminism exists...

Doesn't mean they want a guy who doesn't work. Just means they're matching like with like rather than roleplaying the 1950s.

Of course they still want their men around for as long as possible but that's cos they love them rather than cos they need to be taken care of.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 5:36 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Are you really all that clueless that women are more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer than men?

Did you also not know that women are more likely to have ovarian and uterine cancer than men?

Did you know that women are more likely to die during childbirth than men?

Are you even aware that all of these likelihoods are irrelevant when one is focused solely on looks and personality?