Post stupid things that only work in movies

Page 10 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:47 am

Joe90 wrote:
Every movie or sitcom I have ever watched (or near enough every) that involves a love scene where a boy approaches the girl, the boy is always really nervous, makes an idiot of himself by saying the wrong thing, and stutters like crazy - even if the character is supposed to be charming, extroverted and popular.

I don't think all boys are as bad as that at approaching girls in real life, unless they lack confidence or are socially awkward or shy or whatever.

Most ARE that, or were that, at SOME point. So most male moviegoers identify with that.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 05 Jun 2021, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:52 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
People stopping marriages by speaking their peace.

Do you mean...when the preacher conducting the actual ceremony asks the traditional question "does anyone here know of any reason that these two should not be joined in holy matrimony?"?

I am sure that its rare that any guest at the wedding actually stands up and says "yes...those two are a bad fit because of reasons A, B, C, and....". :lol:

And ... on the rare occassions that it does happen I am sure its even more rare that actually results in the wedding being called off. But who knows?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jun 2021, 4:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
People stopping marriages by speaking their peace.

Do you mean...when the preacher conducting the actual ceremony asks the traditional question "does anyone here know of any reason that these two should not be joined in holy matrimony?"?

I am sure that its rare that any guest at the wedding actually stands up and says "yes...those two are a bad fit because of reasons A, B, C, and....". :lol:

And ... on the rare occassions that it does happen I am sure its even more rare that actually results in the wedding being called off. But who knows?
In some movies, someone crashes the wedding & confesses feelings & the person getting married had no idea that the wedding crasher wanted em or wanted to get back together with em. Then they suddenly become a couple & run out of the church together.
This reminds me on shows & movies when an innocent person is on trial & getting ready to be found guilty & be sentenced. A surprise witness comes in the courtroom & says who the real criminal is & usually has some proof. The real criminal is at the trail pretending to be a witness who has been blaming the innocent cuz the innocent is an easy patsy &/or the criminal just really hates em for some reason. The real criminal is then arrested & the innocent person is found not guilty.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 7:02 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... GyW_nYxcI9

The frustration is real. Anything from this to putting a baby seat in the car. Of course this is just an exaggeration and we don't have money to waste on new strollers either.

Note: struggled to figure out attaching youtube link to thread

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 1:28 pm

A man with mental health issues falls in love with a younger
woman who also has mental health issues.

The girl's parents always tell her to never go out on dates,
but the man easily tells them that just because he's mentally unstable
does not mean he will bring harm to the girl.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 3:24 pm

I was posting in Minervx_2's thread "How many dates until you stop seeing other people?" & I thought of something from the show iCarly that's relevant but fits better in this thread :arrow:
Carly & Sam were both attracted to a guy the moment they saw him so they decided that they would both date him & whoever he kissed 1st is the one that would end up with him. They kept coming up with ways to try & get the guy to initiate kissing & the guy ended things with both of them because of how competitive they were :lol: How many guys would have two hot girls competing for him & then be dumb enough to end it with both :?: :lmao:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 3:30 pm

Reversing the chroniton flux on the plasma injectors to improve warp efficiency.

The only way to improve warp efficiency is to balance the resonance of the composite exponentiator.

:roll: Everyone knows this!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 6:36 pm

An inexperienced grocery store employee falls in love with her boss or vice-versa.

Only in the movies! :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 11:30 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
An inexperienced grocery store employee falls in love with her boss or vice-versa.

Only in the movies! :roll:
If you replace the "falls in love" part with "develops a crush", I would bet that it is fairly common. It's not uncommon for people to be attracted to authority figures in general. & it's not uncommon for guys to be to find inexperienced women cute & find younger women attractive. The problem is that it would be nepotism for the boss to have a relationship with an employee & lots of bosses & people in power positions would not want to risk jeopardizing their job by having a relationship with their employee. They both might be attracted to each other but they cant do anything to act on it. Things are different if the person in power is in a political position or a celebrity though cuz they know they can get away with it even if the victim goes to the media.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 4:23 am

When the car teetering and about to fall off the cliff's edge, and there's no passengers behind.

In real life, it would fall.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 5:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
When the car teetering and about to fall off the cliff's edge, and there's no passengers behind.

In real life, it would fall.
Your talking about something like this scene from Family Matters rite :lmao: