Casual sex was dying out before the pandemic

Page 5 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
cberg wrote:
^^You're witch hunting a mythical cabal of satanic cannibals while people in the actual anon culture are DOING WHAT Q CLAIMS TO BE DOING. It's a shameless ripoff of a real movement against sexual abuse globally & you're a total sucker if you're convinced Q's ideas are anything but old hat anon s**t spat back at you by Richard Stone. Jesus man.
I am almost certain this was not directed at me ... was it, cberg?

No, only the 100% irrelevant Q dialog. It's deeply offensive to those who give a damn about digital security.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 12:32 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I see.

Well then, heteros should bang more and make more gaybies. 8)

But by the time they're useful to you they'll have to call you granddaddy. 8)

If they're 18-21 yo smokin' hot twinks they can call me whatever they want. 8)

On lesb apps they call them lolitas, is twinks the official word for gays? I can only think of shotas lol

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 12:38 pm

Whoooah, so I googled it and I found all the good stuff on pics lol

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 12:40 pm

Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I see.

On lesb apps they call them lolitas, is twinks the official word for gays? I can only think of shotas lol

All I know is when I type 'lolitas' into my browser a nice police officer comes to speak to me. 8)

I didn't even hit enter yet.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I see.

All I know is when I type 'lolitas' into my browser a nice police officer comes to speak to me. 8)

Oh that must be the fashion police, lolita style is totally not suiting your figure.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

You could say you were looking for a 1955 novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov. Literature is protected by the First Amendment.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:13 pm

Rexi wrote:

:heart: :heart: :mrgreen:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:52 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Rexi wrote:

How many cradles have you robbed?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:55 am

Rexi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I see.

Oh that must be the fashion police, lolita style is totally not suiting your figure.

Oh jeez, that poor corset would have to fight. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 1:57 am

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You could say you were looking for a 1955 novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov. Literature is protected by the First Amendment.
At least until he reveals himself to be pedobear and sees your profile picture.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 2:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I see.

Oh jeez, that poor corset would have to fight. :oops:

Oh don't worry, I'm a squeezer. Call me anytime, for all your fashion purposes, and prepare many vegetables and leaves.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 3:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even though I had considerable “casual sex” in my 20s, I find that sex really shouldn’t be “casual,” gay or straight.

It felt cheap to me after my casual sex experiences. It wasn’t the girls’ fault.....it just was.

Oh my, oh my, oh my. You're making Paula Cole cry

Lyrics:
'You make me feel like I want to be a dumb blonde
In a centerfold, the girl next door.
And I would open the door and I'd be all wet
With my ***s soaking through this tiny little t-shirt that I'd be wearing
And you would open the door and [censored]
You make me feel love'

She really likes it cheap.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 4:18 am

Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Clearly no on surveyed the gay community.. :lol:

Solution to all of those heterosexual problems pointed out by MaxE above = don't involve women. Problems solved! 8)

This article seemed to be entirely about heterosexuals so I addressed it as such. If you had to also consider gay sex there'd be no chance for a consistent observation.

Why not? Casual gay sex isn't consistent or doesn't follow a trend?

It does, for everyone except you it seems, ever since the pandemic.

How are you hanging in?

Covid free. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 4:19 am

Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Rexi wrote:

How many cradles have you robbed?

Cradles? Zero.

20-something's don't sleep in cradles.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 9:12 am

I have a few more things to say regarding casual sex.

First I define casual sex as any sort of sexual encounter between two people who have not professed any sort of "feelings" for each other, IOW sex primarily for the sake of sexual gratification. In addition, I define a sexual encounter as one in which one person brings the other to orgasm, ideally this action is mutual. You can quibble over variations on this theme.

This thread seems to focus what are usually called hook-ups, especially those that result from people meeting up in bars and clubs with some prior expectation that they will find someone with whom to have sex, either a complete stranger or maybe a acquaintance but typically not a close friend or prospective life partner. It would seem this is the sort of behavior primarily under discussion. If this sort of thing requires alcohol to succeed, I can see how it could be threatened in Canada because there, alcohol is expensive and must be purchased in Provincial shops, at least in the parts of Canada with which I am familiar. I have never gone to a bar or club with the expectation I would meet someone there and go home with them for sex. Of course there's also the notion of hook-ups arranged via Tinder, which should not necessarily require availability of alcohol, although I question how many Tinder users have arranged bona fide one-night stands via the app. I had one experience in which I went on a dinner date, during which a substantial quantity of alcohol was consumed, that ended in sex, however I then continued to date that person for several months. Which brings me to the topic of my next paragraph.

It is my impression that a great many relationships begin when two people decide to have sex well before they've built any sort of relationship, however having each found a willing sex partner, they continue their sexual activity until a true relationship develops. I point this out because I think the idea that people should first fall in love then have sex is mostly a myth, never having experienced it personally. Even the first time my wife and I had sex, I wouldn't say we were in love with each other. It was more a case of two people each having found an acceptable sex partner. So you could say that many relationships begin as casual sex. For the vast majority of heterosexuals, agreeing to have sex with somebody with the understanding you probably won't do so again doesn't occur naturally. Even if you don't fall in love, you might continue an exclusive relationship because a.) not being exclusive invites jealousy in all but the most self-assured and b.) there are a lot of advantages to having a sex partner. For example, I attended a summer academic program in Germany and began having sex with a female participant a day or so after having met her. Because we were intimate, we were able to travel together on weekends simply because we were able to share a bed.

The worst part of casual sex is that you have to acknowledge that sooner or later the other person will no longer be sexually available to you because eventually they'll move on. Either you'll make a lifetime commitment or else you'll break up, and in the latter case the decision probably won't be entirely mutual. Lastly, I personally believe all this is far more challenging for heterosexuals than others, you don't have to agree with me!

Sorry for the meandering rant, nobody has to read it if they don't want to.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:37 am

I don't understand the poing of the OP. What does casual sex have to do with the pandemic or how are the two related?