Should I wait till I'm ready or make a move now?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kingem125
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2021, 2:28 am

So I have started a new job. I work with alot of immigrants whom are really cool. I have talked to alot of people of all ages. I took a 1 week orientation training class with a very cute asian chick who I ended up being good friends with. She ended up telling me she met a guy when she was in med school. we are just good friends at this point as I asked her if she had a boyfriend or husband back home and framed it as I was curious about why people leave there loved ones and immigrate to the states alone..

now there is this other chick who I don't know well yet in the slightest. She is friends with this African woman who has been training me. She is in the safety department but she has started two conversations with me which were ackword since I was in the middle of working during both. I asked her friend about her and she told me she was from Spain and I think she said her name was camila (she speaks good English but here and there I don't understand her due to her accent). Camila speaks good English with a definite but not overly strong accent and is very beautiful. I have a way of sensing things about people i.e picking up on vibes and being able to early on sus people out. I get a strong vibe she seems very caring and kind. Very different from all but one women I have previously dated. This is exactly what I want in a partner. I also no longer want hook ups like I used to. To be honest I have had alot of them and it got old as I honestly want to be able to wake up to someone I am serious with. I'm thinking since I'm not ready to date just yet since I want to buy my house and that would up my confidence level alot. plus I need to find time to clean my car or get it detailed, as I work alot and it's awful tbh. Have been told my car smells by my sister. I was thinking of seeing if she talks to me again and if I cannot finally formally introduce myself and ask her a question about safety and see how she reacts. As a guy part of me is like going wild since she is super cute to just make any thing happen asap i.e a hook up or hang out. the logical part of me is saying don't let it be like the others and make sure your happy and not desperate and insecure about what I can change in my life. Like I want to be confident knowing I'm able to make it on my own and that I could make any woman feel like I can take care of them in the sense of being responsible and caring. Also I'm wanting to get a promotion but go to "trade school" first before getting serious with anyone...I'm thinking seriously about matainance since I had a sort of semi related job I got downsized from for just over a yr. I don't want her thinking I'm not interested but I want to be confident and feeling good and settled in before getting serious.. are there any tips you have?

If this doesn't work out I will be bummed to high hell but I may eventually try internet dating as well as something in person. If It doesn't work out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 9:57 am

Why not introduce yourself? You don't exactly have to get married to her if you do.

People don't generally "jump into things" upon first meeting.

kingem125
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2021, 2:52 pm

That's what I was thinking just being like hey we have talked a few times and if you don't mind me asking what is your name.. ok xyz nice to meet you I'm ABC.. not litterally of course but you get what I'm saying I am nervous tho she seems different in a good way... man I need to calm down and take it slow

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 3:21 pm

Of course. Take it slow.

But there's nothing wrong with asking a co-worker's name.

kingem125
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2021, 6:05 pm

Hey thanks for the good advice I will play it cool and play a little hard to get I guess... but not nessecarily avoid her I will stay in touch as I am craving not being alone as far as being single in my new house... it would be lonely tbh.. I will update if anything more happends

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 4:55 pm

kingem125 wrote:
So I have started a new job. I work with alot of immigrants whom are really cool. I have talked to alot of people of all ages. I took a 1 week orientation training class with a very cute asian chick who I ended up being good friends with. She ended up telling me she met a guy when she was in med school. we are just good friends at this point as I asked her if she had a boyfriend or husband back home and framed it as I was curious about why people leave there loved ones and immigrate to the states alone..

now there is this other chick who I don't know well yet in the slightest. She is friends with this African woman who has been training me. She is in the safety department but she has started two conversations with me which were ackword since I was in the middle of working during both. I asked her friend about her and she told me she was from Spain and I think she said her name was camila (she speaks good English but here and there I don't understand her due to her accent). Camila speaks good English with a definite but not overly strong accent and is very beautiful. I have a way of sensing things about people i.e picking up on vibes and being able to early on sus people out. I get a strong vibe she seems very caring and kind. Very different from all but one women I have previously dated. This is exactly what I want in a partner. I also no longer want hook ups like I used to. To be honest I have had alot of them and it got old as I honestly want to be able to wake up to someone I am serious with. I'm thinking since I'm not ready to date just yet since I want to buy my house and that would up my confidence level alot. plus I need to find time to clean my car or get it detailed, as I work alot and it's awful tbh. Have been told my car smells by my sister. I was thinking of seeing if she talks to me again and if I cannot finally formally introduce myself and ask her a question about safety and see how she reacts. As a guy part of me is like going wild since she is super cute to just make any thing happen asap i.e a hook up or hang out. the logical part of me is saying don't let it be like the others and make sure your happy and not desperate and insecure about what I can change in my life. Like I want to be confident knowing I'm able to make it on my own and that I could make any woman feel like I can take care of them in the sense of being responsible and caring. Also I'm wanting to get a promotion but go to "trade school" first before getting serious with anyone...I'm thinking seriously about matainance since I had a sort of semi related job I got downsized from for just over a yr. I don't want her thinking I'm not interested but I want to be confident and feeling good and settled in before getting serious.. are there any tips you have?

If this doesn't work out I will be bummed to high hell but I may eventually try internet dating as well as something in person. If It doesn't work out.

yup, the burden of making a move will always forever be one-sided, as in, fall on the guys shoulders