Maybe I'll just carry on like covidtimes never ended

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 10:58 am

Maybe, I dunno.

I think there are a lot of gays just counting down the days until they can safely get back to the hookup scene w/o worries about getting covid. Probably a ton who simply never stopped screwing each other, too, especially if they live alone/with young roommates and are never around high risk seniors etc.

Anyways, lately I've been thinking maybe I'll just continue sitting on the sidelines. I mean.. yeah, there's a reason a local radio station is calling the end of the pandemic "the whoring 20's," and I get full well that the casual sex hookup scene is going to be Off The Charts and I could probably act out almost any sexual fantasy, or list of them, I've had cross my mind since the beginning of covidtimes.. but, I'm not so sure I'm gonna.

At the present moment, I'm kinda leaning towards just ignoring people still, getting back to running & working out, continuing to get more and better sleep, working towards some goals, riding motorcycles, going kiteboarding, and just enjoying time spent at the beach in the Sunshine observing hot gays in their natural habitat and then hitting the stairs and going home.

Maybe I'm over it? Maybe I'm just depressed? But if I do just carry on in solitude the definite bright side will be Not risking catching any number of STI's that are surely going to skyrocket the moment restrictions are lifted and undersexed gays start hooking up all the time again.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2021, 11:38 am

Part of me wants to try hookups again, but then I just remember how empty they left me feeling.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 11:50 am

usagibryan wrote:
Part of me wants to try hookups again, but then I just remember how empty they left me feeling.

Hmm, I suppose if you focus on that vs. the pure physical enjoyment of it all. I've most definitely preferred having fun vs. a sexless life that's for sure.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:11 pm

I think there are a lot of people from different facets of life who have discovered they don't want to go back to the way things were. The trick will be for all of you to find each other and apply pandemic skills to effectively network within your new norms.

I think its a good thing that new avenues have opened up for a lot people that never felt the old ways fully suited them.

Live the way that makes you happy and comfortable.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:26 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think there are a lot of people from different facets of life who have discovered they don't want to go back to the way things were. The trick will be for all of you to find each other and apply pandemic skills to effectively network within your new norms.

I think its a good thing that new avenues have opened up for a lot people that never felt the old ways fully suited them.

Live the way that makes you happy and comfortable.

Yep, all of this is true.

Maybe new normal for some people - maybe even me.

Or, who knows, maybe 2-3 months from now I'll feel that being a bigger slut than before covidtimes is what makes me happy and comfortable. :mrgreen: