Girl trying to be a guy on tinder - experiment.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 4:54 am

Despite him being a handsome man.

As a reminder: on Tinder women DON’T get bombarded with many messages like in the old dating services, because they choose with who to chat with and who can message them; so there shall never be an unmanageable inbox for them there like in the old dating sites.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 6:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

As a reminder: on Tinder women DON’T get bombarded with many messages like in the old dating services, because they choose with who to chat with and who can message them; so there shall never be an unmanageable inbox for them there like in the old dating sites.

But there's still a very high male-to-female ratio on Tinder, is there not? If so, that's certainly no surprise, given that women are generally less likely to be willing to meet total strangers, for safety reasons at least.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 7:29 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

But there's still a very high male-to-female ratio on Tinder, is there not? If so, that's certainly no surprise, given that women are generally less likely to be willing to meet total strangers, for safety reasons at least.

That still doesn’t explain her experience (women ghosting her) - I mean she is a woman too pretending to be a man, so she would surely know how to chat with other women without creeping them or something, and yet she still experienced mass silence.

My theory is because they get so many options, that’s why they ghost so quickly, when you find another hotter potato in sight you drop the potato in hand.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 8:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

That still doesn’t explain her experience (women ghosting her) - I mean she is a woman too pretending to be a man, so she would surely know how to chat with other women without creeping them or something, and yet she still experienced mass silence.

Whether she personally creeped them out is beside the point. I brought up the safety issue as one of the main reasons why there are so few women on Tinder in the first place.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My theory is because they get so many options,

The reason the "get so many options" is because of the high male-to-female ratio on Tinder.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that’s why they ghost so quickly, when you find another hotter potato in sight you drop the potato in hand.

Possibly. But that, in and of itself, doesn't explain why they "ghost," rather than saying something like "It was nice chatting with you, but I don't think you and I would be compatible in the long run. Good luck finding someone more suitable!" Personally I've always been a believer in giving people closure with a clear but polite rejection, such as the above. However, most women apparently have not been taught to be assertive, especially in this realm.