“Will I finally have a relationship this year?”

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 5:00 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I want to see you to be in a relationship, Brother Marknis.

But like I mentioned in another thread, let love find you instead of vice-versa.

That’s just not how it works in my world. If I stayed home all day, no one is going to come to me.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 10:16 am

Marknis wrote:
Most women, regardless of their race and ethnicity (With two exceptions), generally want a man who is Christian. That’s been a major barrier for me.

Yep. This would probably be much less of a barrier for you if you lived in Austin.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 2:03 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Most women, regardless of their race and ethnicity (With two exceptions), generally want a man who is Christian. That’s been a major barrier for me.

Yep. This would probably be much less of a barrier for you if you lived in Austin.

You can wear an anti-Bush or anti-Trump shirt there and no one will make a peep. You can also dress in Wiccan or Gothic garb and no one will harass you.

In my city (Temple), wearing those things will lead to automatic arguments and even physical violence from people who think the GOP are mouthpieces for the Abrahamic god and Wicca or Goth means “Satanic”.

Interracial relationships aren’t frowned on here, though. It’s just that if you don’t practice certain religions or are born into certain groups, the opportunities are extremely slim.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 2:57 pm

Marknis wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Interracial relationships aren’t frowned on here, though. It’s just that if you don’t practice certain religions or are born into certain groups, the opportunities are extremely slim.

Would you consider an interracial relationship, Brother Marknis?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm

Marknis wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Yes. I’ve never ruled it out. It’s just that even non-Anglo women in my area generally still want a Christian man just like their Anglo counterparts. Even the ones open to pre-marital sex will still demand a Christian man or else they will think he’s a “immoral atheist/secularist”. With Indian and Middle Eastern women, they generally want to be with Hindu and Muslim men respectively since the majority of those populations are Hindu and Muslim.

This is part of the reason why I dislike organized religion. It’s ruined my life on many levels. Even when I was a Christian, I was bullied and ostracized so becoming one again won’t change anything.

Last edited by Marknis on 04 Jun 2021, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Yes. I’ve never ruled it out. It’s just that even non-Anglo women in my area generally still want a Christian man just like their Anglo counterparts. Even the ones open to pre-marital sex will still demand a Christian man or else they will think he’s a “immoral atheist/secularist”. With Indian and Middle Eastern women, they generally want to be with Hindu and Muslim men respectively since the majority of those populations are Hindu and Muslim.

It's amazing how many assumptions people in your home region make about other people! :evil:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 3:33 pm

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

It's amazing how many assumptions people in your home region make about other people! :evil:

I live in the Bible Belt. It’s all about conformity unless you get lucky and find an entry to the pockets of counter culture. I’ve tried so hard to join them but I am rejected even by them.

f**k this whole culture.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 9:56 pm

Marknis wrote:
I live in the Bible Belt. It’s all about conformity unless you get lucky and find an entry to the pockets of counter culture. I’ve tried so hard to join them but I am rejected even by them.

Unfortunately, "pockets of counter culture" tend to be cliquish unless you build your own. But, in order to build your own, you first need to live in a place where there are a sufficient number of people likely to be interested. In other words, in you case, move to Austin.

So my answer to the question “Will I finally have a relationship this year?” is:

1) Maybe, if you can manage to stop focusing on your lack of a relationship long enough to do whatever you need to do to enable yourself to move to Austin.

2) On the other hand, you almost certainly will not find a girlfriend if you do not do the above.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:27 am

Marknis wrote:
:o I live in the Bible Belt. It’s all about conformity unless you get lucky and find an entry to the pockets of counter culture. I’ve tried so hard to join them but I am rejected even by them.

f**k this whole culture.
As bad as the Bible Belt is, liberal big cities are no panacea. Their governments hate America and hate freedom. The minute Biden Flu came into their territories, they severed everyone's friendships and killed small businesses. All while allowing the looters and the arsonists to do whatever they want, with full political support.

Your best bet is to move to Great Plains or Intermountain West states, like South Dakota or Wyoming, respectively. Most of them are very pro-America and pro-freedom. At the same time, these regions are quite laissez-faire about religion. That is, they kind of prefer you to be a part of a church, but they absolutely don't insist on it. The first question people there will ask you is "What do you do for work?" like in Yankeeland, not "Which church do you go to?" like in the Deep South.

Just, please, please avoid Utah! You will hate it there! It's full of Mormons. They're as insular as the Bible Belters, and they ban alcohol and coffee. Utah's state alcohol laws are ridiculously restrictive too. If you want anything stronger than Coors Light, you will need to strategically shop at state liquor stores or smuggle it in from neighboring states.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:32 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
:o I live in the Bible Belt. It’s all about conformity unless you get lucky and find an entry to the pockets of counter culture. I’ve tried so hard to join them but I am rejected even by them.

f**k this whole culture.
As bad as the Bible Belt is, liberal big cities are no panacea. Their governments hate America and hate freedom. The minute the Biden Flu came into their territoryies they severed everyone's friendships and killed small businesses. All while allowing the looters and the arsonists to do whatever they want, with full political support.

Your best bet is to move to Great Plains or Intermountain West states. Most of them are very pro-America and pro-freedom. At the same time, these regions are quite laissez-faire about religion. That is, they kind of prefer you to be a part of a church, but they absolutely don't insist on it. The first question people there will ask you is "What do you do for work?" like in Yankeeland, not "Which church do you go to?" like in the Deep South.

Just, please, please avoid Utah! You will hate it there! It's full of Mormons. They're as insular as the Bible Belters, and they ban alcohol and coffee. Utah's state alcohol laws are ridiculously restrictive too. If you want anything stronger than Coors Light, you will need to strategically shop at state liquor stores or smuggle it in from neighboring states.

You're projecting your views onto Marknis which isn't helpful. Dont get me wrong, as someone from a big city, Minneapolis, I know where you're coming from, believe me I do, but if Marknis really wants to find a girlfriend the best place is the big cities whether you like it or not. Or at least a city that is more liberal than conservative since conservatives are the worst people for Marknis to fall in love with given the lack of alignment and compatibility with proclivities and interests.

This isn't about what city you want to live in - this is about which place is best to move for Marknis to meet a partner. Once he meets his partner he can then decide if he wants to meet somewhere else.

Master Oogway

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:46 am

salad wrote:
You're projecting your views onto Marknis which isn't helpful. Dont get me wrong, as someone from a big city, Minneapolis, I know where you're coming from, believe me I do, but if Marknis really wants to find a girlfriend the best place is the big cities whether you like it or not. Or at least a city that is more liberal than conservative since conservatives are the worst people for Marknis to fall in love with given the lack of alignment and compatibility with proclivities and interests.
I'm a hard-right conservative! So I call it as I see it. I traveled to conservative regions long before I learned to appreciate them, and I now kick myself for not doing so back then. So the same might be true for Marknis. He might be pleasantly surprised by conservative towns like Sturgis, SD, or Lake of the Ozarks, MO, or Elko, NV. As opposed to liberal wastelands like Minneapolis, who welcomed domestic terrorists with opens arms. During the Biden Flu scamdemic, my QAnon group showed nonjudgmental acceptance to me and invited me to their parties, while my former liberal friends ostracized me for not practice social distancing. Well, guess what? They're FORMER friends for a good reason!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 7:34 am

Aspie1 wrote:
As bad as the Bible Belt is, liberal big cities are no panacea. Their governments hate America and hate freedom. The minute Biden Flu came into their territories, they severed everyone's friendships and killed small businesses. All while allowing the looters and the arsonists to do whatever they want, with full political support.

Not all "liberal big cities" are riot-torn, crime-ridden places like Minneapolis.

As far as I am aware, the only city Marknis is considering moving to (if and whenever he can afford to move anywhere at all) is Austin.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:20 am

Minneapolis is not “crime-ridden.” It’s an urban place with problems all urban places have.

And what does Biden have to do with COVID-19?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Minneapolis is not “crime-ridden.” It’s an urban place with problems all urban places have.

And what does Biden have to do with COVID-19?
Minneapolis used to be a very safe city, with large pockets of art colonies. Now it's basically Benghazi, with Antifa and BLM standing in for Middle Eastern terrorists. Just like Portland and Seattle.

Trust me, with your anti-Trump taglines, you don't want me telling you the REAL truth about Biden and Covid. Besides, the mods on here are all leftists. They'll just take your side and issue me a warning. Right? Right?

As for the city for Marknis to move to---is this "on topic" enough?---Austin isn't the only option. I also recommend Sturgis, SD or Lake of the Ozarks, MO. If they were brave enough to defy the Biden Flu crap and have parties, they'll be accepting of a newcomer like Marknis. If an aspie like me was openly welcomed into a group of QAnon believers, I'm sure Marknis will fit in in most cities in Great Plains or Intermountain West. (Except for Utah! Stay away from there!)

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:47 am

Sturgis is not exactly an “urban” place. It has maybe 7,000 people when there isn’t a motorcycle festival. What would make anybody pick Sturgis?

The Lake of the Ozarks is a nice recreational area....the namesake town has about 1,000 people. Some people might like it because it hosted a Memorial Day celebration which flouted the COVID rules.

Sioux Falls, in the same state, would be much better.

Salt Lake City, Utah, would actually be great for Marknis. It’s a liberal, but not “too liberal” a city. There’s nice mountain scenery nearby. The Mormons there are pretty mellow. The air pollution could be bad, though.

QAnon believes in many BS things which are absolutely false. Trump will not become President in August.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sturgis is not exactly an “urban” place. It has maybe 7,000 people when there isn’t a motorcycle festival. What would make anybody pick Sturgis?

Sioux Falls, in the same state, would be much better.

Salt Lake City, Utah, would actually be great for Marknis. It’s a liberal, but not “too liberal” a city. There’s nice mountain scenery nearby. The Mormons there are pretty mellow. The air pollution could be bad, though.
Most small towns west of the Mississippi River and east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains are fairly welcoming of outsiders. They may not welcome them with open arms, but they don't treat them with hostility, either. Many people there are recent transplants, were transplants decades ago, or have parents who are transplants. They don't have generations of residency and church membership, like the Bible Belt small towns. That being said, Sioux Falls or Bismark might offer a wider variety of activities to partake in.

Arizona is a hit or miss. Its social atmosphere is basically California without the "woke" factor, with Phoenix and Tempe being the worst. That is, unless you're fashionable and trendy, you WILL have trouble fitting in. Although, Flagstaff might not be so bad for Marknis. It has an accepting "college town"-like atmosphere that's mitigated by the state's conservative politics.

Mormons are helpful and kind, but they're not inclusive. That is, you'll forever be an "associate member" of the community, unless you convert and join a Mormon church yourself. That's why I advise against Utah.

Also, think of it this way: If a town was willing to give Biden the middle finger and flout Covid rules, it may also give social norms the middle finger and welcome an aspie.