Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:37 pm

My girlfriend wants to make an Only Fans (website where people pay money to see photos, usually sexual) to pay for our vacation, and have me take pictures of her in Lingerie. She wouldn’t be talking to anyone, just getting money for the pictures.. and her face wouldn’t be showing. She has a really attractive body so I feel like we could make some serious money but I’m uncomfortable at the thought of other people seeing her naked, and guys.. you know.. She involved me in it beforehand and asked my permission, but when I said idk I was uncomfortable and would think about it she said, “well shouldn’t it be my decision?”. What do you all think about this...? Would you let your partner do this?

Last edited by Brainiac42 on 08 Jun 2021, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:41 pm

I wouldn’t like it if my wife did this.

I find this sort of thing could be dangerous.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 9:48 pm

It should probably be her decision, considering she's the one who'll be the model.
Would you be so uncomfortable as to refuse if she wanted to?

I don't think it would bother me outside of a degree of worry about if they might be shamed over it. I'd set aside those worries and trust their judgment though.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2021, 10:56 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
My girlfriend wants to make an Only Fans (website where people pay money to see photos, usually sexual) to pay for our vacation, and have me take pictures of her in Lingerie. She wouldn’t be talking to anyone, just getting money for the pictures.. and her face wouldn’t be showing. She has a really attractive body so I feel like we could make some serious money but I’m uncomfortable at the thought of other people seeing her naked, and guys.. you know.. She involved me in it beforehand and asked my permission, but when I said idk I was uncomfortable and would think about it she said, “well shouldn’t it be my decision?”. What do you all think about this...? Would you let your partner do this?

She will making a whooping total of $200. You realize there is so much free por* online, the market for her pictures may just not be there. There is more to making money particularly 'luring the john', flirtation, putting on a show, personality, being creative and seductive and generally entertaining the audience with fantasy and original and creative ideas. just showing the most attractive body ever will not make much money if any I believe.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jun 2021, 12:33 am

idntonkw wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

She will making a whooping total of $200. You realize there is so much free por* online, the market for her pictures may just not be there. There is more to making money particularly 'luring the john', flirtation, putting on a show, personality, being creative and seductive and generally entertaining the audience with fantasy and original and creative ideas. just showing the most attractive body ever will not make much money if any I believe.
I think a lot of that depends on if she caters to any rareish fetishes. For example there are very overweight women who make very decent money just to be filmed & have pix taken while they eat food. If you really think very few people would bother paying to see her pix then you don't have much reason to worry about others seeing them. If she doesn't make much money at all, she may decide to give up very quickly. I would probably let my girlfriend try. I would not want to risk her breaking up with me because I forbided her to do something as if she is some 13year-old girl & I am one of her parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 1:36 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
but when I said idk I was uncomfortable and would think about it she said, “well shouldn’t it be my decision?”. What do you all think about this...?

Female perspective here: she is correct that it is her decision. But it is also your decision if you want to have a partner who will do something knowing it makes you uncomfortable and upset. The fact that the decision is technically hers does not shield her from the consequences that decision might have on your relationship. You are not obligated to accept her choices, especially if she makes them after you have been honest about how those choices make you feel.

It isn't for you to allow is disallow, but it IS for you to be honest with her about how you feel, including how such a decision could burden your relationship going forward.

PS - I think it would be foolish for her to do, personally, and I question her motives, but my opinion on the plan plays no part in this.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2021, 2:00 am

as stated above , it may take more than just posting pics to generate the interest . for the effort , she might aswell sell a few bits on ebay or pick up more / some work hours for a couple of weeks to make that 200 .

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 2:38 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:

PS - I think it would be foolish for her to do, personally, and I question her motives, but my opinion on the plan plays no part in this.

For easy money.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

For easy money.

It's only easy money if you enjoy showing off your body to people you don't know. Most women I know would never be comfortable doing that even if they love their bodies.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:09 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

For easy money.

It's only easy money if you enjoy showing off your body to people you don't know. Most women I know would never be comfortable doing that even if they love their bodies.

You're not part of a generational cohort that made sending dirty pictures of themselves a teenage right of passage though.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2021, 9:26 pm

I think OnlyFans is rational for sellers but irrational for buyers. If you can get money for selling nudes, go for it But on the buying end, I think men shouldn't be paying for human interaction; they should work on themselves and find someone who is genuinely interested in them for them - not their money.

But I would not object to a girlfriend doing an OnlyFans if she wanted to.

However, her asking you to get involved in it (when you said you weren't comfortable) is questionable. It's one thing if she wants to do this on her own. But it's another thing if she's expecting you to be actively involved in something that makes you uncomfortable.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2021, 9:31 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
For easy money.

It's not really "easy money". There are thousands of women doing this; it's competitive.

Being an OnlyFans content creator takes more work than people think it does. It's not just snapping a few pictures and posting them. They also need to spend lots of time marketing/promoting themselves, editing photos/videos, interacting with their subscribers, etc.

And just like building a patreon following on youtube or subscribers on twitch, it takes time to develop a following. It doesn't happen over night. You may need to work for free for at least 6-12 months

If you divide the income that the avg OnlyFans content creator gets by the time they spend, that's well below minimum wage.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 9:35 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
For easy money.

It's not really "easy money". There are thousands of women doing this; it's competitive.

Being an OnlyFans content creator takes more work than people think it does. It's not just snapping a few pictures and posting them. They also need to spend lots of time marketing/promoting themselves, editing photos/videos, interacting with their subscribers, etc.

And just like building a patreon following on youtube or subscribers on twitch, it takes time to develop a following. It doesn't happen over night. You may need to work for free for at least 6-12 months

If you divide the income that the avg OnlyFans content creator gets by the time they spend, that's well below minimum wage.

This predates OF but I had an ex who worked as a camgirl for part of the time we were together. She rarely made minimum wage, she also had someone from her next job recognize her from there after she stopped doing that sorta work. That actually turned out fine afaik though, she ended up dating him.

But yeah, some people are more charismatic than others and better able to promote themselves in these sorts of lines of work.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 10:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

For easy money.

You're not part of a generational cohort that made sending dirty pictures of themselves a teenage right of passage though.

True.

And I’m glad for that.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2021, 11:17 pm

I would recommend that she babysit or get a job. This doesn't make any sense.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 11:39 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
True.

And I’m glad for that.

There's probably pros and cons, fewer kids end up parents these days.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う