Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 5:08 pm

So, I was minding my own business, relaxing at home, when I received a message from a friend who had gone out drinking. I wanted to spend the day at home so I didn't go. Anyway, apparently he'd met up with a new co-worker of his and they were out drinking together. I've never met this co-worker but somehow I'd come up in their conversation. Not too surprising, since my friend likes to play matchmaker when he probably shouldn't.

This co-worker is (surprise, surprise) gay and single, so naturally my friend asked what she thought of me (I'm openly gay and perpetually single). Apparently she thinks I'm cute. I did a little social media snooping, to see what she was like. There's still a lot I don't know about her, but I also think she's cute. I have told my friend this, and he will likely tell her that I said this.

...Not really sure what is going to happen now. I still don't know anything about her, we might not have anything in common.

8O

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2021, 1:16 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
So, I was minding my own business, relaxing at home, when I received a message from a friend who had gone out drinking. I wanted to spend the day at home so I didn't go. Anyway, apparently he'd met up with a new co-worker of his and they were out drinking together. I've never met this co-worker but somehow I'd come up in their conversation. Not too surprising, since my friend likes to play matchmaker when he probably shouldn't.

This co-worker is (surprise, surprise) gay and single, so naturally my friend asked what she thought of me (I'm openly gay and perpetually single). Apparently she thinks I'm cute. I did a little social media snooping, to see what she was like. There's still a lot I don't know about her, but I also think she's cute. I have told my friend this, and he will likely tell her that I said this.

...Not really sure what is going to happen now. I still don't know anything about her, we might not have anything in common.

8O

This is an interesting traditional account of how to go about getting set up: https://www.mikvah.org/article/shidduch_crisis

It might not be that relevant, but maybe some useful ideas in there about what to ask and how to do it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:24 am

I think it's worth getting to know her! It sounds kind of fun, as long as you consent to the match-making!

Maybe you'll end up being good friends.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:25 am

Honestly, while "set up" may work if you're saying "I'm going on a date, my friend set us up," as a stand-alone thread title, it seems to imply you're being framed for a crime. Just wanted to mention.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:30 am

Get to know her. What have you go to lose.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 3:36 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Honestly, while "set up" may work if you're saying "I'm going on a date, my friend set us up," as a stand-alone thread title, it seems to imply you're being framed for a crime. Just wanted to mention.

Ah. Yeah, I see your point. I hadn't considered that implication. If a mod wants to adjust the title, I won't be insulted. Unfortunately I don't think I have the power to do so at this stage.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 5:07 am

Once people actually read the thread, the meaning will become obvious.