What was your first kiss like?

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 8:27 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I wonder if I'll ever have a first kiss. Feels odd when my friends ask for relationship advice, considering I've never had one. Well, if I ever do, hopefully I'll be able to find this thread again.

The pandemic doesn't help anyone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 10:35 pm

I bet it will happen soon :)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 6:35 pm

Awkward and clumsy.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 7:23 pm

My first kiss (at age 30) actually seemed stranger and more challenging than the sex that followed soon after.

Is this because, perhaps, I viewed kissing as a weird social convention, but sex is "just a basic instinct", I wonder?

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 7:41 pm

Humiliating. On my 16th birthday, a girl at school ran up, grabbed me, kissed me on the lips, then ran away. I was so shocked I went into what I now see as a shutdown. (Of course, at the time I had no idea what a shutdown or autism was.) My bizarre reaction was well known to the whole school by the end of the day.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 7:05 am

Kind of cheap and perfunctory.

I was 15-ish. She was a girl who I didn't have much real interest in but seemed one of the less inhibited (or maybe more damaged?) ones around.

I can't remember how it happened. I recall she'd been telling me about which friends of mine she fancied and I definitely made some sort of "What about me?" comment and she very kindly spared my feelings by answering in the affirmative. Shortly after that we had a kiss, a proper one, and then I went home thoroughly satisfied and mentally checking off a life milestone - that's all it meant to me. I never had any intention of kissing her again or pursuing a relationship with her and I don't think she really liked me either.

I don't think I kissed another girl until I was 20. I didn't care much for her either.

The sad part is that there were girls who I did have feelings for that I should have been kissing, but didn't.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2021, 5:53 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Humiliating. On my 16th birthday, a girl at school ran up, grabbed me, kissed me on the lips, then ran away. I was so shocked I went into what I now see as a shutdown. (Of course, at the time I had no idea what a shutdown or autism was.) My bizarre reaction was well known to the whole school by the end of the day.

I was similarly attacked but had a different reaction.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:56 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Kind of cheap and perfunctory.

I was 15-ish. She was a girl who I didn't have much real interest in but seemed one of the less inhibited (or maybe more damaged?) ones around.

I can't remember how it happened. I recall she'd been telling me about which friends of mine she fancied and I definitely made some sort of "What about me?" comment and she very kindly spared my feelings by answering in the affirmative. Shortly after that we had a kiss, a proper one, and then I went home thoroughly satisfied and mentally checking off a life milestone - that's all it meant to me. I never had any intention of kissing her again or pursuing a relationship with her and I don't think she really liked me either.

I don't think I kissed another girl until I was 20. I didn't care much for her either.

The sad part is that there were girls who I did have feelings for that I should have been kissing, but didn't.

And in that day, you became a man. <irony> :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:05 pm

teeth crunched together uncomfortably. other people's saliva tastes surprisingly like my own. felt perfunctory, got no buzz from it, unfortunately. no chemistry. i must lack those genes.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:16 pm

It's probably the hormones, but kissing someone that you have mutual attraction with gives an intense buzz. Kissing someone you are not attracted to is like kissing a potato.

Again, this may be part of "chemistry" - I have no idea.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:37 pm

It was probably my very kissey and huggy grandmother and I hated being kissed and hugged as a child! Soo claustrophobic! (I did like my grandmother. She was nice, but at arms length is best for me. Hehee. She squeezed me too tight when she hugged).
My other grandmother was like my Mum and my Mums sister (My Aunty) who would automatically know that they would rather me sit on them and more losely holding me. I am sure both of them and my Mum were on the spectrum if I am, as it would have likely come down that side of the family.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:51 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
It's probably the hormones, but kissing someone that you have mutual attraction with gives an intense buzz. Kissing someone you are not attracted to is like kissing a potato.

This thread is talking about a girlfriend or boyfriend first kiss?

Ah. Yes. Was ny first girlfriend in my mid 30's and... Oh no it wasn't. It was a girl called Sian when I was about eight when I was in primary school. She then moved away. But I was too young for her and me to be proper boyfriend and girlfriend. It was more of a childs fun sharing fondness. I liked Sian. The other kids seemed not to play with her but I found her a nice girl. I have not seen her since we were 8 years old and she was only in our school for about a year...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:54 pm

But my first proper girlfriend was in my mid 30's and she asked me out, and she took the lead, and she had me kiss her... First kiss was scary, but then when I got used to kissing her as in became comfortable with kissing her it was nice.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:05 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I've never kissed anyone. Hopefully some day I will.

So, what about you?

Find that hard believe..cause if that's you in your avatar then it looks like you got very kissable lips... btw whats a BAP ???

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:07 pm

Broad Autism Phnomenom.

Means not on or off the spectrum. Halfway between autistic and allistic. An inbetween.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:20 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

Hey i like potatoes, but i've never kissed a potato, so i'll take your word for it.

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

It has everything to do with Chemistry. And i'm not talkin Pheremones.

Mountain Goat wrote:
Broad Autism Phnomenom.
Means not on or off the spectrum. Halfway between autistic and allistic. An inbetween.

Ok. Never heard of it. Thanks for the clarification. Its unusual for a woman to refer herself as a "Broad" anything. The connotations of the word brings to mind...NY slang... Sweaty italian guys...Pizza shops... Hey what can i say, i watched too many episodes of Sopranos