I am not allowed to date or talk to women romantically

Page 7 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:43 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Yes it appears that they may of made a compromise after much effort on my part but my dad said we will have to run it by my counselor.

That's great and definitely suggests good faith is a better strategy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Yes it appears that they may of made a compromise after much effort on my part but my dad said we will have to run it by my counselor.

That's great and definitely suggests good faith is a better strategy.

Ya Thanks.I hope it works out.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 11:04 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad said that they would think about allowing me to get on dating sites after we figure out social security so a little progress has been made.

Holy crap!! ! ! Your parents actually made a compromise?

I must admit, allowing you to go on dating sites after obtaining social security at the ripe age of 31 is still highly abusive and you should still view them as the thoroughly controlling, manipulative, sadistic and morally corrupt people they really are. Don't be fooled by the odd nice gesture as what they're doing us far, far to little far to late and they know it. They're probably only doing it because they know they will have to start fearing you if it goes on much longer.

Be careful with this token gesture. Minuscule compromises are often a common trick used by abusers to prolong abuse, confuse victims and make them appear they have a heart from their victims perspective......your parents do not have a heart and they never will.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 11:12 am

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad said that they would think about allowing me to get on dating sites after we figure out social security so a little progress has been made.

I must admit, allowing you to go on dating sites after obtaining social security at the ripe age of 31 is still highly abusive and you should still view them as the thoroughly controlling, manipulative, sadistic and morally corrupt people they really are. Don't be fooled by the odd nice gesture as what they're doing us far, far to little far to late and they know it. They're probably only doing it because they know they will have to start fearing you if it goes on much longer.

Be careful with this token gesture. Minuscule compromises are often a common trick used by abusers to prolong abuse, confuse victims and make them appear they have a heart from their victims perspective......your parents do not have a heart and they never will.

While much of this is also true one needs to read the situation for themselves and see if there's a consistent pattern of good faith or if there's a pattern of small token surrenders that are broken up by long periods of bad faith.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 11:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

While much of this is also true one needs to read the situation for themselves and see if there's a consistent pattern of good faith or if there's a pattern of small token surrenders that are broken up by long periods of bad faith.

This is sadly certainly the latter. Assuming they will keep their word on their promise, OP needs to assume that whoever he dates will need to be his parents choice of lady, not his. There will probably be a catch somewhere.

Only time will tell if this was a compromise was a trick or treat.

But yeah. Hypothetical land now. If I had similar parents and this was taking place in the UK and not some backward town in Southern USA, I would have gently snuck into my parents bedroom while they were getting ready for bed with my best chunky belt and "re-educated" them both for 5 minutes a time until they were satisfied with my requests. It's hard to even believe this goes on in this day and age but it does.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 6:00 pm

@OP regardless of what program you are enrolled in, you are 31 years old and appear to be psychologically abused by your parents.

I strongly advise you to ring the state social services in Texas and ask to speak a counsellor or social worker and ask for advice on what options are available in your state for independent living.

Your parents are impinging on your human/civil rights since you are over 18/21 and are not intellectually handicapped so can't be classified as needing parental/guardian consent.

You need to be brave and talk to somebody who can help you get out of your parent's stranglehold on you as you are clearly in a bind.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 6:02 pm

Thats messed up man, AT age 31, you should be able to talk to anybody anywhere anytime you want. Male or female, for whatever purpose. You're a grown adult (no matter how immature you might appear). Infantilizing you to that degree is almost criminal. I know parents can be overprotective, but that is just ridiculous.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 6:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
@OP regardless of what program you are enrolled in, you are 31 years old and appear to be psychologically abused by your parents.

I strongly advise you to ring the state social services in Texas and ask to speak a counsellor or social worker and ask for advice on what options are available in your state for independent living.

Your parents are impinging on your human/civil rights since you are over 18/21 and are not intellectually handicapped so can't be classified as needing parental/guardian consent.

You need to be brave and talk to somebody who can help you get out of your parent's stranglehold on you as you are clearly in a bind.

Well i dont have any money for anywhere to live and the state facilities for the disabled in Texas are substandard and bad and violent things happen there.My counselor said they are free to have any rules they want because its their house their rules.They basically said I have to submit to all their rules or I will have nowhere to go.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:04 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well i dont have any money for anywhere to live and the state facilities for the disabled in Texas are substandard and bad and violent things happen there.My counselor said they are free to have any rules they want because its their house their rules.They basically said I have to submit to all their rules or I will have nowhere to go.

Option C is getting your parents to talk to a third party who can act as mediators between you and your parents. I am worried your parents have no idea the pain they are causing you.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Option C is getting your parents to talk to a third party who can act as mediators between you and your parents. I am worried your parents have no idea the pain they are causing you.

Ya they are making me sad.We are going through my counselor to mediate disputes and the counselor said its either listen to all the rules or get kicked out on the streets.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2021, 2:27 am

Is this the same counselor who told you you can't work?

Find another.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:41 am

magz wrote:

Find another.

It is the same counselor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:52 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

Find another.

It is the same counselor.

It may be beneficial to seek a second opinion

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2021, 2:58 am

This counselor is doing the opposite of helping you. Who hired them? Your parents?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:07 am

magz wrote:
This counselor is doing the opposite of helping you. Who hired them? Your parents?

My parents.I dont have the money for a counselor of my own so my parents pay for it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2021, 3:10 am

This "counselor" is just an extension of your parents' abuse.