Perceived sexual threat Unfair or not?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you say it's unfair?
No women should always be on the lookout for guys who behave strangely 89%  89%  [ 17 ]
Women should be more open minded and tolerant towards creepy men 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:25 am

Do you think it's unfair and ignorant of some women to assume that a man who's mannerisms are creepy is a 'sexual threat in some way?

A lot of guys (including myself) who's mannerisms are creepy are actually harmless in reality.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's unfair and ignorant of some women to assume that a man who's mannerisms are creepy is a 'sexual threat?'
Not at all.  Any woman's personal safety has priority over the feelings of any 'creepy' male.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:34 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's unfair and ignorant of some women to assume that a man who's mannerisms are creepy is a 'sexual threat?'
Not at all.  Any woman's personal safety has priority over the feelings of any 'creepy' male.

Well some women have been hostile to me and I assume think I am creepy when going out on the town but I mostly just keep to myself and dont talk much.

Its f*****g IGNORANT of them :evil:

Can I just make a point Fnord that you probably have been accused of being creepy by females before. Not a nice feeling to face that kind of prejudice is it as a man?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:37 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Well some women have been hostile to me and I assume think I am creepy... Its f*****g IGNORANT of them.
With as much hostility as you just expressed toward women, I do not blame them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:38 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Well some women have been hostile to me and I assume think I am creepy... Its f*****g IGNORANT of them.

What and you think they can pick on my bad vibes I give of then?

Actually 4 years ago there was this incident in the bar I go to where this woman who 8 years younger than me was outright hostile towards me. I was just sitting there minding my own business and she raised her voice at me.

Last edited by Jamesy on 20 Oct 2021, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:41 am

Jamesy wrote:
Can I just make a point Fnord that you probably have been accused of being creepy by females before. Not a nice feeling to face that kind of prejudice is it as a man?

It's not a nice feeling but you're not entitled to any recourse when it happens, you've just gotta suck it up and move on.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:42 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
If by "vibes" you mean a predatory countenance and aggressive posturing, then the answer is most likely 'yes'.

It strikes me as odd that many men who express desperation for female companionship in one sentence also often express contempt and hostility toward women in the next sentence -- as you have just done.

And by the way, I am not buying into the Incel ideology.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
If by "vibes" you mean a predatory countenance and aggressive posturing, then the answer is most likely 'yes'.

It strikes me as odd that many men who express desperation for female companionship in one sentence often also express contempt and hostility toward women in the next sentence -- as you have just down.

This may come as a shock to you but not all women in this are innocent victims. There have actually been a lot of cases of wifes assaulting there husbands but the police dont take it seriously.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:47 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
If by "vibes" you mean a predatory countenance and aggressive posturing, then the answer is most likely 'yes'.  It strikes me as odd that many men who express desperation for female companionship in one sentence also often express contempt and hostility toward women in the next sentence -- as you have just done.
This may come as a shock to you but not all women in this are innocent victims. There have actually been a lot of cases of wifes assaulting there husbands but the police dont take it seriously.
And just how does that diversionary claim relate to the subject of this thread?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:51 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
If by "vibes" you mean a predatory countenance and aggressive posturing, then the answer is most likely 'yes'.  It strikes me as odd that many men who express desperation for female companionship in one sentence also often express contempt and hostility toward women in the next sentence -- as you have just done.

I dunno really I guess I just typed out of frustration. But seriously I dont get why men are always on the women's side? What happened to guys looking out for each other huh?

A lot of creepy guys are harmless

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:55 am

Jamesy wrote:
I dunno really I guess I just typed out of frustration. But seriously I dont get why men are always on the women's side? What happened to guys looking out for each other huh?

Since other guys aren't the ones who feel threatened by creepy guys (usually) other guys aren't very prepared to evaluate who's harmless vs. who just insists that they're harmless.

Further, why wouldn't most people take the person in the right's side? Women are entitled to avoid people who make them uncomfortable. Men are too. People who consistently get perceived as creeps need to not be that way instead of blaming others for perceiving it. No one is at fault for avoiding creeps.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:59 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I dunno really I guess I just typed out of frustration. But seriously I dont get why men are always on the women's side? What happened to guys looking out for each other huh? A lot of creepy guys are harmless
There is no "women's side" or "men's side" -- there are only those who feel an over-reaching sense of entitlement in regards to the opposite sex.

I will look out for any man who has been unjustly harmed; but a man gets no sympathy from me when it is only his feelings that have been hurt due to being avoided by women for his 'creepy' appearance or behavior, and especially when he openly expressed contempt or hostility toward those same women.

Such men should grow up, wise up, and learn to be better men.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 10:01 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Since other guys aren't the ones who feel threatened by creepy guys (usually) other guys aren't very prepared to evaluate who's harmless vs. who just insists that they're harmless.

Further, why wouldn't most people take the person in the right's side? Women are entitled to avoid people who make them uncomfortable. Men are too. People who consistently get perceived as creeps need to not be that way instead of blaming others for perceiving it. No one is at fault for avoiding creeps.

True but it must be hard for a creepy person who has no evil intentions to be friendless because there simply misunderstood by others.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 10:02 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I dunno really I guess I just typed out of frustration. But seriously I dont get why men are always on the women's side? What happened to guys looking out for each other huh? A lot of creepy guys are harmless
There is no "women's side" or "men's side" -- there are only those who feel an over-reaching sense of entitlement in regards to the opposite sex.

I will look out for any man who has been unjustly harmed; but a man gets no sympathy from me when it is only his feelings that have been hurt due to being avoided by women for his 'creepy' appearance or behavior, and especially when he openly expressed contempt or hostility toward those same women.

Such men should grow up, wise up, and learn to be better men.

Yes true I should not have expressed such hostility

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 10:05 am

Jamesy wrote:

Then there are the ones who aren't...so why take the risk if you are out and about by yourself?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 10:07 am

Jamesy wrote:
True but it must be hard for a creepy person who has no evil intentions to be friendless because there simply misunderstood by others.

Certainly, it would be that way for anyone who struggles socially due to poor social skills.

But, it's not other people's fault so there's no point blaming them or being frustrated with them. It's unfortunate but it's not up to other people to bridge the gaps one might have in their social skills, especially if those gaps raise red flags for those other people.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う