Blue pill 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Red pill 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
Black pill 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Muse933277
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2021, 1:17 pm

A lot of people are aware of blue pill, red pill, and black pill terms but don't know exactly what they mean. Below, I would like to give a general summary of the difference between blue pill, red pill, and black pill ideologies when it comes to dating.

Blue Pill:

The best way to describe blue pill ideology is the belief that you can find romantic partners no matter what you look like or what your behavior is, and that you don't need to change anything about yourself to find love. Those with blue pill beliefs believe that anybody regardless of their circumstances can find success.

People who are blue pillers might give advice such as:

"Just be yourself"
"You'll find someone when you're not looking"
"Looks don't matter. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
"Just be nice and girls will like you"

Red Pill:

In contrast to the blue pill, red pill ideology is centered on the belief that yes, your looks and behavior around women matter and that you should be improving on these things to increase your romantic success. Those with red pill beliefs believe that changes in your behavior lead to your success.

Red pillers might give advice such as:

- Looks do matter and they can be improved upon.
- Go to the gym, wear nicer clothes, get a better haircut.
- Learn game, how to flirt, how to make girls laugh, how to escalate, etc...
- Girls don't necessarily like nice guys, they like guys they find attractive who just happen to be nice.
- Money matters

Black Pill:

Black pill is the belief that your physical appearance is the sole determiner of your dating success and not your behavior or personality. Those who subscribe to black pill ideologies also believe that men who are significantly below average in looks (especially factors for outside of their control) will never be successful because their behavior or personality will never be able to make up for their physical appearance. Those will black pill beliefs believe that your genetics lead to success.

Black pillers might give advice such as:

- Looks are the only thing that matters
- Try to looksmax as much as possible
- If you're significantly below average looking, then it's over for you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 1:19 pm

Funny, that's not what the so-called 'red pill' crowd spews when they post on here. :?

Also, if you choose to do all of your thinking inside of a box you're doing yourself a disservice.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 2:20 pm

None of those.

Though I always get more the impression red pill is more 'use trickery and games to trick women into having sex so you can get laid'

like the behavior improvements aren't to genuinely improve themselves and make one good LTR material, they are just superficial to get a women interested to be willing to have sex and that's it. Not sure love even factors into the red pill ideology.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Oct 2021, 1:42 am

1. None of the above. I avoid subscribing to ideologies in general.
2. I think only the "red pillers" use the pill terms anyway.

If "red pill" was only about improving your attractiveness (like it appears in your description), it wouldn't be a problem.
The problem with all the "red pillers" I've encountered so far is not treating women as regular, respectable human beings.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:50 am

They're all oversimplifications of something that is intensely complex.

It's a very human response to try to impose order on chaos, but the variables involved in two people finding each other attractive are too many to be reduced to a set of rules.

Whether you take the red or blue 'pill', it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your actions and any changes you make will attract people for whom those things are important. And possibly repel many more for whom they aren't.

If you take the black pill you'll probably repel everyone and confirm your bias.

Minervx_2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2021, 9:07 am

Avoid all of the pills.

The vast majority of people on those types of websites lack a social life and don't date much. It's the blind leading the blind. Why would you take dating advice from a community of people that don't date?

You'll get better insight from real life friends and acquaintances who get dates or are in a relationship.

The pill forums all feed into mens insecurities that they're not enough and they need some sort of secret method or whatnot.

The time that these people spend theorycrafting on the pill forums is time that they could be spending building a social life, meeting people, or at least pursuing hobbies and passions that will make you an interesting person.

Once the pill people do find a date, they'll realize that they don't have to talk about because they spent so much of their time theorycrafting about dating instead of actually living their life and doing things worth talking about.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 9:15 am

↑ That is "Green Pill" thinking.  You (and I) see this whole "Pill" concept as pointless hyperbole.

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2021, 2:54 pm

Women want what they can’t have.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:13 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
People want what they can’t have.

Fixed it for you.

Personally I fall between blue and red. Logistically speaking chances are good that there's many people into you. You might not be into them but that's a different story. Thats where the red pill try to be someone they'd like part comes in. As in you do have possible ways of being "wanted". But for me that stops at the thought, because there comes a point where you are changing so much, for what?At what point do you become someone else just to get women?

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:52 am

I'm "treat people you want to date like actual human beings rather than slot machines you can provide the right inputs into to get sex" pill.

Don't be an as*hole. You're not entitled to date or have sex. It should only happen if both you and another person are mutually interested in each other and treating each other with respect. For some people, you'd have to have no respect for yourself to date them, because they certainly have no respect for anyone they're looking to date.

The guys who call their viewpoints red pill or black pill are basically the same in this respect, except the red pill guys are better at temporarily faking being a decent human being.

Dan999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2021, 12:51 pm

I’m trying really hard to escape the black pill it’s hard I’ll admit

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:10 pm

I am a blobby fish, not a pill.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Oct 2021, 4:49 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am a blobby fish, not a pill.

And I'm not going to swallow you, sorry.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 2:35 pm

No pill. I’d rather take an elixir :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 2:38 pm

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am so hot*.

And I'm not going to swallow you, sorry.

That could be manipulated to be taken way out of context.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 9:07 pm

People are over-medicated

I'm not popping any pills xD

Quote:
Funny, that's not what the so-called 'red pill' crowd spews when they post on here.

Yeah funny how people that claim to be of certain ideologies end up saying things that aren't necessarily listed as being apart of the ideological foundation *strokes chin*