No women dont care about height unless you are very short 68%  68%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 22

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 7:17 am

Muse933277 wrote:

5 ft 3 to 5 ft 1

You will experience significant discrimination from women because of your height. Not only are you short, but you're shorter than 75% to 90% of women in your area.

Unless you're counting women with heels, assuming you're talking US stats, the female average height there is 5'4, so at least 50% are shorter than 5'4, and probably 40% shorter than 5'3.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 7:54 am

I'm 5 foot 5. Amongst the younger generation here in the US, it seems like this is about the average height for a woman. Older women from previous generations are shorter on average.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 10:31 am

Alterity wrote:
Generally speaking, in terms of the US anyway, I would say that women don't care that much.

That's a load of BS, women definitely care.

It may not seem obvious to you given the fact that you're a woman, but many short men (those under 5 ft 7, and especially those under 5 ft 5) will definitely tell you that yes, many women do care.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 10:35 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I'm 5'9'' and my NT girlfriend is shorter than me. We don't care about height one bit.

Of course your girlfriend doesn't care about height, you're an average height man and your girlfriend is shorter than you.

So no s**t.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 10:55 am

I’m just under 5 foot 5.

Height matters sometimes.

I understand your frustration—but don’t knock other people who might not agree with you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 3:51 pm

^ I am just 5 feet tall, quite short and not many guys shorter than me, But I still managed to date a guy who was shorter than me. And after a couple dates he broke it off with me, because he wasn't really feeling a connection. I do hope he did go on to find someone he did click with.

avantguardian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Nov 2021, 7:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
^ I am just 5 feet tall, quite short and not many guys shorter than me, But I still managed to date a guy who was shorter than me. And after a couple dates he broke it off with me, because he wasn't really feeling a connection. I do hope he did go on to find someone he did click with.

did he have dwarfism or something? im not even sure ive seen a woman that short. yet he still thought he had better options, interesting

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 12:26 pm

avantguardian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

did he have dwarfism or something? im not even sure ive seen a woman that short. yet he still thought he had better options, interesting

I don't think so, but I suppose I cannot say for sure I didn't ask him. and you haven't seen 5 foot women? odd.

And either that or he felt being single was better than faking it with someone he wasn't into. But nothing to say there weren't better options.

avantguardian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2021, 3:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
avantguardian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I don't think so, but I suppose I cannot say for sure I didn't ask him. and you haven't seen 5 foot women? odd.

And either that or he felt being single was better than faking it with someone he wasn't into. But nothing to say there weren't better options.

well i'm not sure if i've seen one shorter. obviously it's hard to tell just from a glance though and i don't have perfect memory so it's possible. the point is it's really rare. apparently only about 2.5% of women are 4'11 or under as it's 2 standard deviations below the norm: https://ourworldindata.org/uploads/2019 ... 75x550.png

i see. well good for you for having a mature attitude about it at least.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 4:36 pm

Ettina wrote:
You missed an option: No, most women don't care about height. Both of your options imply thinking women generally care about height.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Option one:. Height is the most important factor when choosing boyfriends.

Option two:. Height is not a factor when choosing boyfriends

Option three:. Height is a factor, but not the most important variable, when choosing boyfriends

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 7:15 pm

So we can all agree the shorter the male is the more limited their options are.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 4:25 pm

cyberdad wrote:

No. I'm still not convinced women who prefer tall men necessarily outweigh women who prefer short men.

In any case, does it really matter what percentage of women are interested in you? If you're looking for a monogamous relationship, all that matters is finding one compatible person, and having more options could make that easier, or it could make it harder. (For example, if you keep getting distracted by people who are interested in you but ultimately not compatible with you. Or if the best person for you gets discouraged by the competition.)

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 12:46 am

Ettina wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No. I'm still not convinced women who prefer tall men necessarily outweigh women who prefer short men.

So you think that there's no noticeable skew either way as to whether women tend to prefer tall men or short men? What have you seen/experienced that led you to believe that?

I'm not a short guy (I'm 5'11), but I've still seen evidence to suggest that women tend to prefer taller men, and it seems that a number of women would not be open to the idea of dating a shorter man.

I was part of a Facebook group like 5 years ago, and I remember somebody making a poll for women about whether or not they'd be willing to date a guy shorter than them. From memory, about 15 women responded. All but one of them responded with no. As anecdotal as this may be, and as small a sample size as this is, I've seen other evidence to corroborate the notion that height seems to matter to a number of women. There's also the youtube video I posted.

Ettina wrote:
In any case, does it really matter what percentage of women are interested in you? If you're looking for a monogamous relationship, all that matters is finding one compatible person, and having more options could make that easier, or it could make it harder. (For example, if you keep getting distracted by people who are interested in you but ultimately not compatible with you. Or if the best person for you gets discouraged by the competition.)

This is a good point. I started to prioritise being more true to myself rather than trying to fit the mold and be more broadly appealing when I started thinking this way.

The counter to this though is that fewer romantic prospects leads to a lower chance that you'll find "the one". If you can't get any dates, you don't get the opportunity to explore the possibility of cultivating a romantic relationship with anyone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 12:58 am

Ettina wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Your logic is weird.

Of course the number one attracts matters, the higher the number of options, the higher the probability to pick a best suitable one.

It’s a mathematical truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 1:06 am

Ettina wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

You are thinking alone

https://www.sharecare.com/health/sex-an ... taller-men

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 1:32 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
From memory, about 15 women responded. All but one of them responded with no. A

The one who said yes would still end up marrying a guy who is taller than her.

There's an online dating consultant named Kevin Samuels who runs podcasts who interviews single women just like this who say "yes" they will date/marry a guy who is
i) poorer than her
ii) average-below average looking and/or
iii) shorter than her

He then follows up with these single women and none of them ever live up to their claims. It's called lip service.