The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:29 am

Ettina wrote:
Could also be that less attractive people were more likely to pick partners based on personality, and therefore end up with someone they actually enjoy spending time with and not just looking at.

It's funny though because I've seen cases of women who are very attractive getting married to men who are below average looking.

Back to my small Christian graduating class. This one girl who I graduated with was this pretty girl who was also fairly smart. After she graduated, she went to college and got involved with the church scene and met a guy who was also a part of the church scene. Long story short, they got married when she was either 19 or 20 and from what I can tell, they're still together.

Not to hate on the guy but he's not very attractive; he's definitely below average looking. He also has a TON of health problems; had cancer of some kind where he was hospitalized for a long time, and i'm sure other health problems as well.

I kind of feel bad for the girl but I will have to admit, she has stuck with him through thick and thin, even after all the crap he's been though. He hit the lottery with this girl, hey sometimes it happens.