Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 10:21 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also though after a couple months or more, even if it is not a relationship the person may have decided to move somewhere further away,

They were far away from the get-go (we were aiming at long distance) and they didn't mention moving.

Sweetleaf wrote:
or they are at a different point in their life

In terms of living in the same location and being single they were at the same point.

Sweetleaf wrote:
or maybe they are feeling bad you took so long answering back and don't want to gamble with getting with someone who might not be reliable and might refuse to communicate for months on end.

That sounds a lot closer to what they told me.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Seriously though if you do get some good contact with someone you have to stay active...hell if you need to get a white board and erasable markers and put a note saying 'talk to (insert whoever you are talking to) today!. I sometimes forget things I should remember to, so I have a white-board to write notes to myself to remember things.

It wasn't about not remembering. It was about the fact that I wanted to respond to every point they made and it took too long time. Maybe I should have forced myself to send partial response and made an agreement that I can come back to the things I ddn't respond to later. But I didn't do this, as I kept hoping I would just respond to the whole thing if I pull myself together and it just never happened.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 1:19 pm

QFT wrote:
It wasn't about not remembering. It was about the fact that I wanted to respond to every point they made and it took too long time. Maybe I should have forced myself to send partial response and made an agreement that I can come back to the things I ddn't respond to later. But I didn't do this, as I kept hoping I would just respond to the whole thing if I pull myself together and it just never happened.

Someone once did this for me:

He wrote me a really quick reply saying he was busy at the moment but he wanted to reply to my message in detail when he had time later.

It is an idea worth considering. It could help (future) her to know that you are interested and want to give her messages your full attention and detail. Everyone has lives that get busy sometimes, no need to feel bad about being busy. But if someone's important to you, just dropping them a note to let them know what's going on can go a long way to maintaining an emotional connection.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm

No doubt! I feel the same way.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Dec 2021, 10:11 am

QFT wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
QFT wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Why do these kids today send mile long break up texts? Why don't they just ghost?

I have the opposite question. Why do people ghost? Ghosting is very unfair since it leaves the other person stranded not knowing what is going on.

That is why I hate it, happened to me more than once and it sucked. Like yeah one guy I thought things were going well with just stopped contacting me, sure after I stopped worrying about him and figured maybe he just wasn't interested he texted me back saying he didn't want anything long term but we could still hook up and I wasn't interested in that so I told him that. But yeah I lost sleep for like two weeks worrying maybe something bad happened to him, and it was just he couldn't just be up front that he wasn't seeing it working out.

Or one guy I was dating ghosted me for months, I even tried to messege him to see if he wanted to hang out or anything repeatedly. And with getting nothing back I moved on and met my boyfriend I have now...but after I got with my boyfriend that guy finally messeged me on facebook and then had the audacity to try and guilt trip me and try to criticize my boyfriend he knew nothing about acting like I should get back with him cause other girls didn't like him. And I mean I did like him and then he ghosted me so I had a hard time feeling sorry for him when that is how he treated me. But yeah you can't ghost someone for months and then expect they haven't moved on in life.

So yeah I agree ghosting is crappy because it does leave the other person wondering what the hell is going on or happened.

I think we are talking about two different kinds of ghosting. You are talking about the ghosting where the person comes back while I am talking about the ghosting where the person sticks by their guns. Now, as far as ghosting somone and coming back, thats what I done to others but nobody ever did that to me. On the other hand, as far as ghosting and sticking by the guns, thats what others did to me.

Regardless of who ghosts (or even if ghosting is present at all) the way I feel is that whoever "changes their mind" is a victim, while whoever "sticks to their guns" is the perpetrator. Because sticking to the guns is a sign of being in control of situation. While changing the mind is a sign of being socially awkward. So the person who changes their mind ends up with good intentions, they just had lapse of judgement. But the person who sticks to their guns is the one who does what they do with full force and full intention (whether it be ghosting or refusal to forgive the ghosting).

1) Here are examples where I ghosted and changed my mind:

a) There were two different women who were writing me very long messages. Now, you know that I am long winded myself, so I was actually thinking they were the best matches in the world for me. But then it became one up game: I would respond a paragraph to every sentence they wrote. So emails got logner and longer. Eventually I didn't have time and put it off, with full intention to respond. But then as months went by I didn't respond. Then several months later I came back trying to explain what happened but they weren't taking it. I was telling them -- and I meant EXACTLY what I said -- that they were the best possible matches for me because I like to be long winded and they are among the very few people that share this quality, and how ridiculous I feel like the exact thing I LIKE about them is what made things not work. Yet they ignored everything I said.

b) Then there were two other women when it was the same thing except that, instead of few months, it was on a scale of few days. As in, just a week went by without my responding rather than few months. So, unlike the other two women, I DID succeed getting them to talk to me after I came back, although it took a little bit of begging. But now they became picky. So they started calling me out on not answering all their questions (even though I DID answer their emails just not all the details) and then my missing out details became "signs" that they used to ultimately reject me. Again, I been telling then that the fact that we are both detail-oriented is a very rare thing we HAVE IN COMMON since most people say I am too long winded, and its pretty ironic that their complaint is the opposite. So the fact that both me and them are long winded are good reasons why things SHOULD work. Yet they totally ignored what I was saying and insisted that no they don't think I pay attention to details (despite almost everyone else in the planet disagreeing with them in this regard).

c) There was one woman who didn't respond right away but then she later told me that the reason for this is that I didn't express enough sympathy when she talked about her tooth being extracted and instead I asked whether she believes its a sin. I then told her that it was misunderstanding and I did feel sympathy for her. So then she tried to re-initiate conversation with me. But I felt like she only re-initiated conversation with me out of pity because she only did it after I said something. So then in order not to feel this way I decided to ghost her for over a month and come back. That way I would feel more even. Now notice that I did NOT lose interest in her. On the contrary she occupied enough of my mind for me to keep bragging to myself (and people on WrongPlanet -- see here viewtopic.php?t=381471) about my ghosting. However, when I did come back, SHE was the one who sticked to her guns about not liking me. As a matter of fact she even told me that there were other reasons she didn't like me outside my ghosting. So I was in fact right that she lost her interest before I ever ghosted her and only tried to talk to me out of pity.

2) The times when woman ghosted me Those times are too numerous to list. But they have the following things in common:

a) No explanation is ever given (Other than things like "I have to fix my car" or "I have to run to the hospital" -- and then no follow up what so ever)

b) None of those women ever try to come back

c) I am the one begging them to come back but they just wouldn't.

d) In fact they won't ever respond to any of my messages, not with a signle word

Now you see how, whether I ghost or she ghosts, it is always ME who ends up begging and HER who sticks to her guns? Thats why I feel like I am the victim.

In the instances from number 1 it seems to me you're hurting these people and not understanding how to work with earning their trust back. These people become guarded and as either "get even" revenge or a strategy you only make their trust worse, damaging your relationships to no repair and frustrating these women who expect you to read their cues and also angering them by hurting them despite giving you the benefit of doubt still, even though they don't trust you as much and you need to build it up again and put up with the consequences of your behaviour and your losses until you earn their trust again. I have had tons of people in my life who lost interest, but I never treated them that way, I tried to talk to them about it and they would make excuses as though nothing was happening, and then suddenly explode and say all the truth. Very confusing but eventually obvious there was always something more important than me and I was last spot in their priorities besides not caring about my feelings.

"SHE was the one who sticked to her guns about not liking me" - Gee, I can't imagine why someone would ever do this to me had I ever ghosted them for 1 month out of revenge, acting like I love them very much afterwards.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 10:23 am

Rexi wrote:
QFT wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
QFT wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Why do these kids today send mile long break up texts? Why don't they just ghost?

I have the opposite question. Why do people ghost? Ghosting is very unfair since it leaves the other person stranded not knowing what is going on.

That is why I hate it, happened to me more than once and it sucked. Like yeah one guy I thought things were going well with just stopped contacting me, sure after I stopped worrying about him and figured maybe he just wasn't interested he texted me back saying he didn't want anything long term but we could still hook up and I wasn't interested in that so I told him that. But yeah I lost sleep for like two weeks worrying maybe something bad happened to him, and it was just he couldn't just be up front that he wasn't seeing it working out.

Or one guy I was dating ghosted me for months, I even tried to messege him to see if he wanted to hang out or anything repeatedly. And with getting nothing back I moved on and met my boyfriend I have now...but after I got with my boyfriend that guy finally messeged me on facebook and then had the audacity to try and guilt trip me and try to criticize my boyfriend he knew nothing about acting like I should get back with him cause other girls didn't like him. And I mean I did like him and then he ghosted me so I had a hard time feeling sorry for him when that is how he treated me. But yeah you can't ghost someone for months and then expect they haven't moved on in life.

So yeah I agree ghosting is crappy because it does leave the other person wondering what the hell is going on or happened.

I think we are talking about two different kinds of ghosting. You are talking about the ghosting where the person comes back while I am talking about the ghosting where the person sticks by their guns. Now, as far as ghosting somone and coming back, thats what I done to others but nobody ever did that to me. On the other hand, as far as ghosting and sticking by the guns, thats what others did to me.

Regardless of who ghosts (or even if ghosting is present at all) the way I feel is that whoever "changes their mind" is a victim, while whoever "sticks to their guns" is the perpetrator. Because sticking to the guns is a sign of being in control of situation. While changing the mind is a sign of being socially awkward. So the person who changes their mind ends up with good intentions, they just had lapse of judgement. But the person who sticks to their guns is the one who does what they do with full force and full intention (whether it be ghosting or refusal to forgive the ghosting).

a) There were two different women who were writing me very long messages. Now, you know that I am long winded myself, so I was actually thinking they were the best matches in the world for me. But then it became one up game: I would respond a paragraph to every sentence they wrote. So emails got logner and longer. Eventually I didn't have time and put it off, with full intention to respond. But then as months went by I didn't respond. Then several months later I came back trying to explain what happened but they weren't taking it. I was telling them -- and I meant EXACTLY what I said -- that they were the best possible matches for me because I like to be long winded and they are among the very few people that share this quality, and how ridiculous I feel like the exact thing I LIKE about them is what made things not work. Yet they ignored everything I said.

b) Then there were two other women when it was the same thing except that, instead of few months, it was on a scale of few days. As in, just a week went by without my responding rather than few months. So, unlike the other two women, I DID succeed getting them to talk to me after I came back, although it took a little bit of begging. But now they became picky. So they started calling me out on not answering all their questions (even though I DID answer their emails just not all the details) and then my missing out details became "signs" that they used to ultimately reject me. Again, I been telling then that the fact that we are both detail-oriented is a very rare thing we HAVE IN COMMON since most people say I am too long winded, and its pretty ironic that their complaint is the opposite. So the fact that both me and them are long winded are good reasons why things SHOULD work. Yet they totally ignored what I was saying and insisted that no they don't think I pay attention to details (despite almost everyone else in the planet disagreeing with them in this regard).

c) There was one woman who didn't respond right away but then she later told me that the reason for this is that I didn't express enough sympathy when she talked about her tooth being extracted and instead I asked whether she believes its a sin. I then told her that it was misunderstanding and I did feel sympathy for her. So then she tried to re-initiate conversation with me. But I felt like she only re-initiated conversation with me out of pity because she only did it after I said something. So then in order not to feel this way I decided to ghost her for over a month and come back. That way I would feel more even. Now notice that I did NOT lose interest in her. On the contrary she occupied enough of my mind for me to keep bragging to myself (and people on WrongPlanet -- see here viewtopic.php?t=381471) about my ghosting. However, when I did come back, SHE was the one who sticked to her guns about not liking me. As a matter of fact she even told me that there were other reasons she didn't like me outside my ghosting. So I was in fact right that she lost her interest before I ever ghosted her and only tried to talk to me out of pity.

2) The times when woman ghosted me Those times are too numerous to list. But they have the following things in common:

a) No explanation is ever given (Other than things like "I have to fix my car" or "I have to run to the hospital" -- and then no follow up what so ever)

d) In fact they won't ever respond to any of my messages, not with a signle word

Now you see how, whether I ghost or she ghosts, it is always ME who ends up begging and HER who sticks to her guns? Thats why I feel like I am the victim.

In the instances from number 1 it seems to me you're hurting these people and not understanding how to work with earning their trust back. These people become guarded and as either "get even" revenge or a strategy you only make their trust worse, damaging your relationships to no repair and frustrating these women who expect you to read their cues and also angering them by hurting them despite giving you the benefit of doubt still, even though they don't trust you as much and you need to build it up again and put up with the consequences of your behaviour and your losses until you earn their trust again. I have had tons of people in my life who lost interest, but I never treated them that way, I tried to talk to them about it and they would make excuses as though nothing was happening, and then suddenly explode and say all the truth. Very confusing but eventually obvious there was always something more important than me and I was last spot in their priorities besides not caring about my feelings.

"SHE was the one who sticked to her guns about not liking me" - Gee, I can't imagine why someone would ever do this to me had I ever ghosted them for 1 month out of revenge, acting like I love them very much afterwards.

I think you are assume that "a", "b" and "c" are the same people, when they aren't. These are different people that don't even know each other.

The revenge applies only to people in Group "c", while lack of organization skills applies to people in Groups "a" and "b".

As far as "women sticking to their guns" that applies to all three groups. In cases of "a" and "b", they stuck to their guns "without" me doing any revenge. As far as "c" they first gave me a chance and then stuck to their guns after my revenge. But in both cases they were the ones who stuck to their guns, its only the difference of how long it took them to get to that point.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Dec 2021, 10:37 am

QFT wrote:
Rexi wrote:
QFT wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
QFT wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

I think you are assume that "a", "b" and "c" are the same people, when they aren't. These are different people that don't even know each other.

The revenge applies only to people in Group "c", while lack of organization skills applies to people in Groups "a" and "b".

As far as "women sticking to their guns" that applies to all three groups. In cases of "a" and "b", they stuck to their guns "without" me doing any revenge. As far as "c" they first gave me a chance and then stuck to their guns after my revenge. But in both cases they were the ones who stuck to their guns, its only the difference of how long it took them to get to that point.

I said "people" about all the ones at point 1 because I know they are multiple different people. I added revenge or tactic because it wasn't always revenge.

Point C was very honest. What did she say she disliked about you? Might want to look at what you could improve about what she said.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:06 am

Rexi wrote:
Point C was very honest. What did she say she disliked about you? Might want to look at what you could improve about what she said.

The things she told me about is that I am talking about myself a lot more than about her and also that some of the things I say are a bit too intense for her to handle.

As far as fixating on myself more than on other people, that is what women in category "b" said, too. Except for the following difference:

--- In case of Category "b", they used my failure to respond as an evidence that I am fixating on myself and not on them (don't pay attention to things they said that they wanted a response to)

--- In case of Category "c", she viewed my lack of response as something parallel and she basically said "its not worth it to try to resolve the response issue because she doesn't like me due to that other issue"

However, even if I go far away from all three categories, it seems like a general consensus of what "everyone" seem to be telling me that I focus on myself too much and not on the other person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:46 am

Revenge doesn’t do anybody any good—ever……

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Revenge doesn’t do anybody any good—ever……

Well, when it is the other people that are doing a revenge, then yes it does seem to help them. But when I am doing it then it doesn't.

I think the difference between me and other people is that other people are more firm, while I am more like a baby throwing a tantrum. If you are going to fight, you have to stick to your guns. I don't stick to my guns while women do. Thats why they end up winning and I end up begging.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:57 am

Fight against what?

If somebody doesn’t want to date you, you have to move on.

I had to move on, many times, when I wanted to fight.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Fight against what?

If somebody doesn’t want to date you, you have to move on.

I had to move on, many times, when I wanted to fight.

When they don't want to date me I take it as a personal insult because they are making an assumption that the qualities about me they don't like are immutable.

If someone didn't want to date me because of something that "is" immutable, such as my height, I won't get mad. But if I feel like I can easily change something yet they don't, thats when I get mad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:04 pm

How about if you don’t want to date them? Would you want them to take revenge on you for that?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How about if you don’t want to date them? Would you want them to take revenge on you for that?

My first instinct is to say I wouldn't care one way or the other since to me they just don't exist so to speak. But then when I think a bit futher I realize that it is only because they didn't try. If I take the ones that "did" reject me back (as few as there are), in most of those cases they *did* manage to get to me. To the point that I was obsessing for months why they won't date me, despite the fact that I had zero interest in them before their rejection. But then again, thats one difference between me and other people. I don't think my "rejecting back" those women ever got to them, even though I really wish it did.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:13 pm

The reality is: most women don’t want to “give a guy a chance.” They want the guy to be dateable, right away.

I used to have the same laments as you. I used to want a girl to “give me a chance.”

But, soon, I realized that to expect that is an exercise in futility.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The reality is: most women don’t want to “give a guy a chance.” They want the guy to be dateable, right away.

The word "datable" is a key word here. Look at the ending. The ending suggest a potential. Now, if they are telling me I have "no potential" then its like they are saying that the next several decades of my life won't be enough for me to improve. And that is quite insulting.

And yes I read the words "right away" too. But "datable right away" is an oxymoron. The word "datable" refers to potential in the distant future. The word "right away" refers to here and now. So "datable right away" is like you are equating here and now with the potential in the distant future. And THAT is the exact concept I find insulting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:22 pm

Young women don’t often think about the “future” when it comes to guys.

I wish you would find a fellow theoretical physicist….