What are your red flags in relationships?

Page 3 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ Those are not "Red Flags", those are terms to a prenuptial agreement for a women you have not even met.

It also sounds like this:

She wouldn't be allowed to have opinions that differ from yours, Texas?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:33 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
What are your red flags in relationships?
In my single years, any woman who was not interested in me as a person -- but only as a means to acquire wealth, property, and/or social status (e.g., a "Golddigger") -- could go take a hike and never come back.  Same for addictions or a criminal record.

Golddiggers, junkies, and ex-convicts are nothing but trouble.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:
↑ Those are not "Red Flags", those are terms to a prenuptial agreement for a women you have not even met.

It looks like anything other than a pre-programmed Stepford Wife to him would get the bums' rush out to the curb.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

There is this church of Christ teaching that you are not supposed to be unequally yoked in marriage so you are right I am not willing to marry someone with significantly different priorities,beliefs and opinions and goals in life.I am forbidden by the church of Christ to be unequally yoked in marriage.We would have to agree on every major issue to give our marriage the best chance of making it.I am also unwilling to marry someone if they dont agree to a prenup early on in the dating process.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:40 pm

The one I hated the most was "I'm really busy but I can put it in my calendar 3 weeks from now"

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

It looks like anything other than a pre-programmed Stepford Wife to him would get the bums' rush out to the curb.

I should be free to marry any kind of woman I want to marry and I described the type of woman I want to marry.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:43 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I should be free to marry any kind of woman I want to marry and I described the type of woman I want to marry.

incels?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:43 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Sure.  Keep in mind that the topic of this thread is "What are your red flags in relationships?", and not "Texasmoneyman300's dream girl".

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

incels?

I am not that because I am choosing to remain a virgin so therefore its not involuntary its voluntary.I was asked what my red flags are so I listed some red flags.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Sure.  Keep in mind that the topic of this thread is "What are your red flags in relationships?", and not "Texasmoneyman300's dream girl".

Well anyone who does not match that description has some red flags to me so I was just saying my red flags in a relationship.I guess the kicker is we just have a different perception of a red flag and a red flag can mean different things to people other than me.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:47 pm

↑ Then you do not understand the concept of a "Red Flag".

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:49 pm

Fnord wrote:

All I meant by "Red Flag" is someone I am not willing to marry.I think everyone should have a right to their own perception what a red flag is to them in who they would date or marry and I think I am no different in having that right.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:51 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
All I meant by "Red Flag" is someone I am not willing to marry.
A 'red flag' is a term used to describe when somebody is potentially dealing with a manipulative and/or possibly psychotic or sociopathic individual -- not merely a woman who can think for herself and act without your permission.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A 'red flag' is a term used to describe when somebody is potentially dealing with a manipulative and/or possibly psychotic or sociopathic individual -- not merely a woman who can think for herself and act without your permission.

Lets just agree to disagree on the definition of what a red flag is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:57 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Lets just agree to disagree on the definition of what a red flag is.
As long as you understand that the misogyny displayed in your list of conditions is a big red flag for women.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 10:03 pm

Picture red flags at the beach, when there's a danger of being killed by a shark.

In a red flag relationship, your life or safety could be at risk.

Of course you can have ideals about which people to date. Those are normally known as preferences or requirements. I suppose if a person didn't meet those requirements it could be called a dealbreaker. There are quite a few threads here about dealbreakers. I'm not positive which meaning the OP meant when they said "red flags", but people who have been in traumatic or life-threatening relationships usually think of "red flag" as much more serious than a dealbreaker.