Total votes : 13

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 11:28 am

Unlikely, although that might just be my own biases.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2022, 4:04 pm

Definitely :D Although interestingly enough so is this 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 4:11 pm

I’d have to meet then in person.

I have many “types.”

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm

They're all dressed the same, but otherwise they have different hair, skin, heights, etc.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 6:08 pm

I don't have a type.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 8:51 am

My internet connection was being rather slow when I first tried to view this thread. Printing out the image line by line levels of slow. It wasn't until the image started to show the tops of hats and hair strands that I realised it was a group of women and not just a tree. Now the responses make a lot more sense. :lol:

As for the topic at hand, personally no. I do however think that women that have a popular / mainstream sense of style or popular interests do get a silly amount of hate though. There's nothing inherently wrong in liking to dress like this or liking pumpkin spice lattes or whatever it is that the internet wants to brand as basic. Liking popular things is a silly thing to criticise. Especially considering the context of the image that Fnord provided. Of course a clothing advertisement is going to feature similar clothes. However, meme pages like to take images like this out of context. Which gets people talking and can benefit the brand, but it can also lead to hate directed at the people involved in such photos (I hope this wasn't the case).

I tend to find myself crushing on women who are either into the alternative rock or punk type scene in terms of fashion and interests or would probably be classified as geeks or theatre nerds. Sometimes both. This is because I am interested in theatre, I hang out with a bunch of software nerds and artists, and I am friends with a member of a local rock band. All of which influences the kinds of people I am likely to meet and interact with in my life.

Personally I'm into 60's type fashion (tweed, chequered skirts etc) and sometimes the soft rock / indie look (think 90's soft grunge). I experiment with different styles a bit, but in general I like to go for an elegant but worn vibe.

However, I tend to find myself gravitating towards confident rockers and / or gamers (not to say that the women pictured aren't gamers, they might be for all I know). The most attractive thing to me is when someone talks about their interests and their face lights up. I have experienced crushes on people who weren't my usual type though, I remember having a crush on a woman who had a pastel aesthetic and was not at all like my usual type.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2022, 7:41 pm

I imagine they could be classified as NT conformists. Are NT conformists my type? not especially. I think I have learned not to hold it against them.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2022, 7:44 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:

I see this as conformity too.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 8:17 pm

I don't have a type. I can be attracted to anything or anyone or any kink. Literally anything is possible, with the right person.

But, I have favourite things.

- American rural/country clothing
- Gothic attire
- Punk attire
- Formal-wear
- Anything slu*ty (short skirts and a leery, perverted smile on a biological woman are most welcome), though unnerving.
- red lipstick
- black lipstick
- dark purple lipstick
- coloured contact lenses
- chequered skirts
- soft, cuddly, gentle looking cardigans
- baseball shoes
- knee-length boots
- ankle length boots
- sneakers
- ripped jeans
- skinny jeans
- brightly coloured jeans

Major no-no: croc shoes
Not a fave: loose clothing

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter if you are emotionally attached to a person. :heart:

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 11:49 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
My internet connection was being rather slow when I first tried to view this thread. Printing out the image line by line levels of slow. It wasn't until the image started to show the tops of hats and hair strands that I realised it was a group of women and not just a tree. Now the responses make a lot more sense. :lol:

As for the topic at hand, personally no. I do however think that women that have a popular / mainstream sense of style or popular interests do get a silly amount of hate though. There's nothing inherently wrong in liking to dress like this or liking pumpkin spice lattes or whatever it is that the internet wants to brand as basic. Liking popular things is a silly thing to criticise. Especially considering the context of the image that Fnord provided. Of course a clothing advertisement is going to feature similar clothes. However, meme pages like to take images like this out of context. Which gets people talking and can benefit the brand, but it can also lead to hate directed at the people involved in such photos (I hope this wasn't the case).

I tend to find myself crushing on women who are either into the alternative rock or punk type scene in terms of fashion and interests or would probably be classified as geeks or theatre nerds. Sometimes both. This is because I am interested in theatre, I hang out with a bunch of software nerds and artists, and I am friends with a member of a local rock band. All of which influences the kinds of people I am likely to meet and interact with in my life.

Personally I'm into 60's type fashion (tweed, chequered skirts etc) and sometimes the soft rock / indie look (think 90's soft grunge). I experiment with different styles a bit, but in general I like to go for an elegant but worn vibe.

However, I tend to find myself gravitating towards confident rockers and / or gamers (not to say that the women pictured aren't gamers, they might be for all I know). The most attractive thing to me is when someone talks about their interests and their face lights up. I have experienced crushes on people who weren't my usual type though, I remember having a crush on a woman who had a pastel aesthetic and was not at all like my usual type.

@Lost_dragon

What does "elegant but worn" look like?

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 11:52 am

SportsGamer35728 wrote:

@SportsGamer35728

:lol:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

@Lost_dragon

What does "elegant but worn" look like?

I guess smart casual would be a good way to describe it. Personally I'm a fan of sweater vests / waistcoats. However, I also have days where I just want to wear a hoodie and jeans. I like to look smart most of the time but not overly formal.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:50 pm

I am a gay male, so be default, no.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 11:55 am

That photo smells like pumpkin spice.