Do we have more luck getting one night stands?

Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:23 am

rse92 wrote:
You need to GET A JOB. . .
THIS ↑

A man who is merely "good-looking" cannot compete with men who also have jobs, income, and places of their own.

And they cannot compete with men who also have their own means of motorized transportation.

Get with it, dude!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:38 am

women can tell if I am unemployed

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:43 am

Do a "house bashing" electrician course or learn how to plaster. Women and people in general will see you in a better light if you have a half decent job.

With the amount of free time you have, I would be hitting those technical courses hard (technicals are by far the best for your situation). Plastering especially seems ideal. It's one of the easiest trades to get into. I'm looking into an electrician course myself but it'll conflict badly with my job.

Learning to drive is also a huge plus.

There is so, so, so much more you can do that will benefit your life along with attracting women. You do the very thing I dislike to see in women.....hitting a brick wall in your progress through life.

It's best to go around walls than hit them.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:01 am

Jamesy wrote:

do you mean "can't tell"? if that's what you meant then I would disagree - it will be one of the first things people ask about each other... "so... what do you do?"

if you actually meant to say "can tell" then... that's exactly what everyone on here is trying to tell you!! ! they can tell, hence your lack of success, so as others have said, do something about it if you can.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:03 am

I see a bunch of people giving strongly worded advice to Jamesy, but have any of you stopped to determine whether or not Jamesy actually wants your advice?

I don't know about you, Jamesy, but it would really bug me if people were giving me advice like that. It's your life, you do what you want.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:07 am

munstead wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

do you mean "can't tell"? if that's what you meant then I would disagree - it will be one of the first things people ask about each other... "so... what do you do?"

if you actually meant to say "can tell" then... that's exactly what everyone on here is trying to tell you!! ! they can tell, hence your lack of success, so as others have said, do something about it if you can.

It's the first thing women and men often ask me.

People can often pick up on the different mentality and lifestyle of someone who hasn't had a job for a long time. I noticed they're more "fragile" so to speak and have underdeveloped coping strategies and sometimes immaturity to an extent.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 1:35 pm

Ettina wrote:
I see a bunch of people giving strongly worded advice to Jamesy, but have any of you stopped to determine whether or not Jamesy actually wants your advice?
He often asks for advice, whether in the subject line or in a post.
Ettina wrote:
I don't know about you, Jamesy, but it would really bug me if people were giving me advice like that. It's your life, you do what you want.
He wants to have sex with a woman, and has stated or implied as much in many threads.  Once he tires of this thread, there is a strong likelihood that he will start another thread on this same subject, or on one very similar subject.

If he keeps doing what he wants, he will never get what he wants.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:38 pm

Ettina wrote:

Do men on the autistic spectrum have more luck getting one night stands/sex compared to actually getting a proper girlfriend?

Do a lot of black girls find white men more attractive?

Are black men on average considered to be more attractive than white males?

This guy I know who is in his 60s was telling me how once he was trying to chat up a lady. His friend then whispered into his ear “your wasting your time she’s a lesbian”. In those kind of situations do you think that’s a more polite way of saying that she was not at all interested in him perhaps?

Was out earlier tonight and this girl touched my face and said "he's gorgeous". One of my male friends then said "no he's not he's an ugly little f****r". Do you think that was a very rude thing to say?

All Jamesy does is ask for advice.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 5:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I was at my local bar 6-7 years ago and this one guy said to me "go online you don't stand a chance".

Obviously the comment was very blunt, but maybe he was doing you a favor. Maybe he's been doing bar game for a while and knows that it's 95% based on your physical appearance, so he was trying to tell you to not waste your time.

It's kind of like if a 5 ft 2 95 pound kid walked into highschool (american) football tryouts, the HS coach would probably turn him away. Not because he's trying to be an ass, but because he knows that a 95 pound kid would get absolutely destroyed going up against 200+ pound men running at him full force.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 3:06 am

Muse933277 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I was at my local bar 6-7 years ago and this one guy said to me "go online you don't stand a chance".

Obviously the comment was very blunt, but maybe he was doing you a favor. Maybe he's been doing bar game for a while and knows that it's 95% based on your physical appearance, so he was trying to tell you to not waste your time.

It's kind of like if a 5 ft 2 95 pound kid walked into highschool (american) football tryouts, the HS coach would probably turn him away. Not because he's trying to be an ass, but because he knows that a 95 pound kid would get absolutely destroyed going up against 200+ pound men running at him full force.

There's nothing that much wrong with my physical appearance since I am 5ft8 and workout a lot.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 May 2022, 7:49 am

Jamesy wrote:
I know lots of men with Aspergers struggle to form proper romantic relationships/get a girlfriend.

My question is though do men on the autistic spectrum have more luck getting one night stands/sex compared to actually getting a proper girlfriend? Situations where you get a night stand might be at house parties or nightclubs for example.
In general us Aspies tend to avoid things like house parties & nightclubs due to our social skills majorly s#cking & us getting overwhelmed. Guys in general tend to struggle getting women in those situations & the Aspie guys who don't avoid trying there(like you for example), tend to be super awkward & strike out much more often than the regular guys do.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 07 May 2022, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 7:52 am

I’ve always sucked at “picking up girls.”

If I relied upon bars in my search for love, I’d be a 61-year-old virgin.

I did better when I made friends with a girl—then asked her for a date.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 7:55 am

Jamesy wrote:
. . . My question is though do men on the autistic spectrum have more luck getting one night stands/sex compared to actually getting a proper girlfriend? . . .
Make yourself attractive in every possible way, and wait for women to approach you.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:01 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have two walnut night stands.

:lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:29 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have two walnut night stands.
Did the cabinet-maker get the wood for you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:48 am

I had luck in that Bob’s had a nice nightstand set….and I didn’t have to go to hundreds of furniture stores on days when I didn’t feel like shopping.