is beauty in the eye of the beholder ?

Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 1:40 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Sense of humour is a must, but it doesn't necessarily equate with lack of negativity.

Depressing, boring negativity is a no-go, but snarky is beautiful. :)

Aspies in general do not have good sense of humour. Generally, people who have good social manipulative and showman skills have good sense of humour. I did also hear man with good sense of humour are less trustworthy.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 1:50 pm

Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
I remember I read this here on WP, don't remember where exactly, that how beautiful we see someone it depends on how we like that person, and I agree.

It happened to me a few times, that I fall in love (or have a crush to be more precise) with a girl who is nice and a lovely person, and I get attracted to her physically, but I believe her personality is the most influencial thing for me to even see her as the most beautiful girl for me, well at least that way have been for me, to a certain degree I suppose.

Well, ya. When I see a girl with a beautiful body, that's all I know: her body is beautiful. So what? It tells me nothing of if she herself is a beautiful person. So I'm really not impressed enough by physicality to interact with someone on that basis.

For me physical attractiveness is enough to get me interested because it's so rare for me. :P

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 2:04 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Its not rocket surgery.
:P

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 2:35 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Part of the reason why older woman have it harder dating.

Careful with the blanket statements, kiddo.

I'm 41 and still getting hit on regularly.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 2:37 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
I did also hear man with good sense of humour are less trustworthy.

There you go again.

I've been told I'm pretty funny; and at the same time, a friend of mine who trusts almost nobody cheerfully co-signed a school loan for me, because he knew for a fact I'd rather lie down in front of a speeding train than miss a payment he was legally responsible for.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 2:38 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

There you go again.

I've been told I'm pretty funny; and at the same time, a friend of mine who trusts almost nobody cheerfully co-signed a school loan for me, because he knew for a fact I'd rather lie down in front of a speeding train than miss a payment he was legally responsible for.

You're a MAN?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 4:55 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

Ya, and my ex-fiancé is old enough to be juliekitty's mother. Not all of us are superficial. It was her beliefs that I was attracted to, and very much so. But julie gets the superficial ones, too, as she's mentioned.

Last edited by Ragtime on 07 Aug 2007, 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 4:57 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

There you go again.

Would you really? That's be gross! 8O

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:10 pm

calandale wrote:
You're a MAN?

Heh. :P

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:17 pm

Ragtime wrote:

Rather than betray a friend's trust? You bet.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:21 pm

How would it help?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:24 pm

juliekitty wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Rather than betray a friend's trust? You bet.

I'd rather betray a friend's trust. My friends forgive fully, and they'd understand why I chose against being run over by a train! I'd make it up to them; it's give and take, not strictly spilt down the middle.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:31 pm

calandale wrote:
How would it help?

The payments are insured in case of my death. 8)

Ragtime wrote:
I'd rather betray a friend's trust.

Not me. If I lost my job or something and couldn't make a payment, that would be different. But to choose to go out and spend it on shoes instead, thinking "to hell with the promise I made"? I honestly could see myself committing suicide more easily.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 2:16 am

juliekitty wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

Mmm did I say it inaccurately. What I meant is, the majority of woman have a harder time dating, as they get older in comparison to their younger years. Woman who have an easier time as they get older are the exception.

For men, the reverse is more likely scenario. This is especially true for aspie men who have to learn the NT world intellectually in order to get on by.

I am an aspie male, I am doing all a can to be more NT as I get older, I am dressing better and use perfume every day, and starting to work out by going to the gym, and working on my own business to.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 2:27 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:

For men, the reverse is more likely scenario. This is especially true for aspie men who have to learn the NT world intellectually in order to get on by. .

Sure not the case here.
One gets used to things.
I got used to NOT having
to deal with ordinary folks.

Back when I was in my 20's, I had friends,
and 'twas easy to capitalize on the interconnections.
Now, I'd have to make quite a push - more than I can handle.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 3:28 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Scientifically beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder. To believe so is just romantic thinking. Beauty reflex good health and good fertility. Especially in the case of woman who lose their ability to have children as they age. Part of the reason why older woman have it harder dating. Its not rocket surgery.

QFT

If you ever watched 'beauty science' on Discovery channel you would realize what he is really saying . Anyways there's no need to watch a doc program to realize that ....just look around!

I met no guy till now who wished for an obese or ugly girl and i know no girl who wishes for a short or skinny guy as all of them wish a dark , tall and well fit . Just look at dating sites and yahoo profiles .

If beauty/attractiveness is really in the eye of the beholder then why there's no girl i know doesn't drool over Bred pit ? same thing for guys who drool for angelina jolie ?