is beauty in the eye of the beholder ?

Page 3 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 3:28 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Scientifically beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder. To believe so is just romantic thinking. Beauty reflex good health and good fertility. Especially in the case of woman who lose their ability to have children as they age. Part of the reason why older woman have it harder dating. Its not rocket surgery.

QFT

If you ever watched 'beauty science' on Discovery channel you would realize what he is really saying . Anyways there's no need to watch a doc program to realize that ....just look around!

I met no guy till now who wished for an obese or ugly girl and i know no girl who wishes for a short or skinny guy as all of them wish a dark , tall and well fit . Just look at dating sites and yahoo profiles .

If beauty/attractiveness is really in the eye of the beholder then why there's no girl i know doesn't drool over Bred pit ? same thing for guys who drool for angelina jolie ?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 3:40 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

I met no guy till now who wished for an obese or ugly girl and i know no girl who wishes for a short or skinny guy as all of them wish a dark , tall and well fit . Just look at dating sites and yahoo profiles .

This is just wrong. I've known guys who prefer
VERY heavy women. Likewise, women who prefer
a stout guy.

Quote:
If beauty/attractiveness is really in the eye of the beholder then why there's no girl i know doesn't drool over Bred pit ? same thing for guys who drool for angelina jolie ?

Again, I can't speak for the pre-pubescent, but my wife
found Mr. Pitt rather unattractive. I certainly don't
find Ms. Jolie particularly interesting.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 7:25 am

calandale wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

This is just wrong. I've known guys who prefer
VERY heavy women. Likewise, women who prefer
a stout guy.

[quote]

Did you know that being overweight used to be evolutionary advantage, in time of famine in hunter-gatherer times? Since woman didn’t do the hunter they would generally put on more weight. Overweight men will generally put weight around their stomach and many will have skinny legs because a hunter cant hunt so good with fat legs, as they would just rub together and slow him down.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 7:31 am

calandale wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

For men, the reverse is more likely scenario. This is especially true for aspie men who have to learn the NT world intellectually in order to get on by. .

Sure not the case here.
One gets used to things.
I got used to NOT having
to deal with ordinary folks.

Back when I was in my 20's, I had friends,
and 'twas easy to capitalize on the interconnections.
Now, I'd have to make quite a push - more than I can handle.

I guess you are not as desperate as I am. If you was, you would be doing what I am doing.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

08 Aug 2007, 9:30 am

calandale wrote:
Again, I can't speak for the pre-pubescent, but my wife
found Mr. Pitt rather unattractive. I certainly don't
find Ms. Jolie particularly interesting.

I find Brad Pitt boring.

I don't really like to think about actors at all.

....though people who have been said to resemble David Tennant are very good looking, imho.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 10:03 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
why there's no girl i know doesn't drool over Bred pit ?

Hello.

He's way too white-bread for me.

I'd take Jeremy Irons or Alan Rickman over him, ANY day of the week. :)

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 11:20 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

I go for the more homely girls. Extra weight, slightly misshapen teeth, anything that makes them seem more real.

Women are just beautiful, in many different shapes and forms. It makes it a lot easier... dating wise... if you can find feminine beauty in most any woman.

Edit: and since everyone is providing examples of non classical beauties they find attractive...

I really like the comedian Megan Mooney. :heart:

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 2:16 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Did you know that being overweight used to be evolutionary advantage, in time of famine in hunter-gatherer times? Since woman didn’t do the hunter they would generally put on more weight. Overweight men will generally put weight around their stomach and many will have skinny legs because a hunter cant hunt so good with fat legs, as they would just rub together and slow him down.

Plausible explanation. I like it.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 2:17 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

I guess you are not as desperate as I am. If you was, you would be doing what I am doing.

Or just not young enough to change.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:04 pm

Pugly wrote:
Edit: and since everyone is providing examples of non classical beauties they find attractive...

Non Classical beauty

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:08 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Non Classical beauty

Nah... she's ugly.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 8:15 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Pugly wrote:

Non Classical beauty

Are we supposed to guess which one is from Earth?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 8:17 pm

juliekitty wrote:
calandale wrote:
How would it help?

The payments are insured in case of my death. 8)

Ragtime wrote:
I'd rather betray a friend's trust.

Not me. If I lost my job or something and couldn't make a payment, that would be different. But to choose to go out and spend it on shoes instead, thinking "to hell with the promise I made"? I honestly could see myself committing suicide more easily.

Well, okay, now you're making sense. I'd definitely pay back the friend in that case.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 8:24 pm

Well, hell. I'd rather jump in front of a train
than not, but I can't. On the other hand, I
know that I WOULD be capable of not paying
someone back - though I wouldn't choose to.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 12:52 am

I'd reckon I'd really be sunk if there weren't guys who liked unconventional girls...fortunatly they seem to be out there, and i have always been short and overweight with very bad social skills and have not spent very much time single....despite my deplorable waist to hip ratio....

I used to get called Ms. Swan alot because when my hair was shorter I sorta resembled Alex Borstine..which I thought was a major compliment. I always enjoy seeing non-stick-figure type women on tv and in film...I really wish there were alot more. [img]http://http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4c8qrpGnYIAXzSjzbkF/SIG=12i9227h0/EXP=1186724796/**http%[/img]

I have always thought character is more attractive than traditional good looks any day.
I actually hate chisled ken doll features...for a long time I had a fetish for short guys with big noses...And as a pre-teen I was obsessed with Rick Moranis.....as a teen it was Crispin Glover ...

Few actors make my heart go pit-o-pat like good ole steve buschemi (sigh) :heart: (lotsa women find him attractive....

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 12:58 am

I was obsessed with Jodie Foster,
as a teen. But, I wanted to be her.

The years haven't been too kind to her
though.