Do all men want younger women?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

autisticstar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 11:09 am

I am rather curious about something. I am 37 years old and I am wondering if I should just give up on the idea of finding someone to settle down with. I do get out and get involved in things but it seems like all of the men I meet are either gay, married, or very young men. I don't expect a guy in his twenties or early thirties to be interested in dating someone my age, but I am just wondering if the majority of men in their mid-thirties to about age 50 want much younger women. I'm particularly curious to hear Aspie opnions on this, particularly if you are in the 35-50 age range but all responses are welcome. What age range do you consider when you are looking for a woman to date?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 11:21 am

i would look for someone about my age. however, most men above the age of 20 will be looking for someone younger. (only guys under 16 will be mostly looking for someone older). if it's any consolation, all women i know here are married or otherwise taken.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 11:47 am

My sister-in-law is 39, and she married a man 5 years younger last year. They made a gallant effort, but they will probably never have children.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 11:59 am

Not really. I want a girl more or less the same age as me, up to one year either way.

beyondtheinfinite
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2007, 12:03 pm

I'd like a girl within a few years of me.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 12:31 pm

I'm 49 and I recently put myself on a dating site for the first time.

At first I put that I was interested in meeting women in the UK between ages of 39 to 53 so I guess it is interesting that I wouldn't go 10 years either way.

I have recently amended it down to 36 beacuse I wasn't getting any responses so I wanted to widen my chances.

My absolute bottom line would have to be someone aged 30 but I would take a lot of convincing because I am looking for a long term relationship so we would have to have alot in common.

I wouldn't even consider dating anyone younger because I would feel a perv and anyway it wouldn't be fair because I'll almost certainly be dead in 20 - 30 years time LOL.

On a couple of rare occasions people have tried to add me on MSN and I didn't know who they were. On both occasions I didn't accept because I looked them up on here and found they were around 18 or 19 (can't remember which).

I wouldn't feel right as a 49 year old bloke talking privately to someone that age on MSN.

Other than those considerations above age generally doesn't mean a lot to me. After every birthday it takes me about 6 months to get used to my new age.

It's a lot of nonsense really counting years; I don't think I have changed my essential me since birth.

:lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 12:43 pm

That's a hard question, because we know that the classic combination has always been the man being older, whether dating or in marriage. Could that be because it works best? I honestly have no idea. I was married to a woman 1 year and 2 months older than me, and age-wise that seemed to work just fine. I liked that she was able to communicate intelligently, so that mental/experiential maturity was the biggest plus to her not being younger than me.

I think it must depend on the particular couple -- whatever age combination would function best for the particular relationship you have in mind. Also take into account the future if you're planning on a long-term relationship.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2007, 12:48 pm

A few things:

1) I read a report some time back that men in there late 30s to mid 40s look for younger women because they are both basically at the same point emotionally just for different reasons. So take from that what you will.

2) I know I've been looking at younger women basically because they are the only ones I meet as all the women my age have been married and/or divorced with multiple kids and I have way too hard of a time taking care of myself.

3) From my point of view, I'm a generation ahead of most people. I'm a gaming, techno-geek who plays RPGs. There just aren't any women my age who are into those things; and as an aspie, if you don't share some obsessions in common it's going to very very hard to build on anything to form a relationship.

4) Welcome to the world of 37...... I'm there myself and have wondered the same thing just from the guys point of view. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:05 pm

I am 27 (will be 28 in December), and I am generally indifferent as to age, but I would want to be with someone who is not too old to have kids, because I do want to start a family after I graduete from college.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:13 pm

A good way to meet someone nice, maybe even your own age is through a church, of course it helps if you are a believer though.

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:20 pm

I'm 25 and I'm looking for somebody my own age I don't mind 2-3 years younger. But I'm sceptical about dating say an 18year old. Generally seem the maturity is just not there as well as different interests. I think some of them feign maturity to some extent but really aren't. Very occasionally they are years ahead of themselves. Then again we are ASD supposed to be emotionally immature :?

Though my NT friend is 27 getting married to an 18/19 year old. Whose to say?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:24 pm

An advantage to marrying someone significantly older is that he or she might be able to leave you with spousal retirement benefits.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:33 pm

I don't think that all men want younger women, but it's generally how it goes - count me in for also wanting younger women.

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 2:46 pm

Yes, I'd like a girl who is younger than me. I always felt very weird when I was attracted to a girl who was even two months older than me. I couldn't have a relationship with anyone much older than that I don't think.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 2:48 pm

Let me clarify. I want someone around my age roughly. I have never understood the need to specifically seek out just those younger. That always seemed illogical to me. I have a hard time differentiating as it is.

autodidact
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 3:12 pm

I tend to relate to people either older than myself or younger than myself - I have always had problems relating to people in my own age group. In terms of girlfriends I tend to prefer older women as they are generally more mature, however I usually tend to be very un-concerned about age. It's all about the person for me. It has always amazed me how society frowns upon age differences. There are many factors to consider and I know that many potententially wonderful relationships have been blighted by other people's scorn and disaproval :( .