Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2022, 12:24 pm

Recently, I heard that a guy in my class wants to date me. His friend told me that he wanted my number. I don't believe it because it didn't come from him directly. It could also be true, but if it is, it is probably the lamest way to ask someone out. I've caught this guy staring at me a few times already, and even talking about me to his friends. If he decides to ask me out directly, either I will reject him or accept, and then date him temporarily. I was friends with this guy months ago, then we had a fight and I haven't talked to him since then. What he is doing is just out of the ordinary and weird. His friend started a dating rumour between me and him, or maybe he started it. So, what should I do?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 12:34 pm

skrish234 wrote:
Recently, I heard that a guy in my class wants to date me. His friend told me that he wanted my number. I don't believe it because it didn't come from him directly. It could also be true, but if it is, it is probably the lamest way to ask someone out. I've caught this guy staring at me a few times already, and even talking about me to his friends. If he decides to ask me out directly, either I will reject him or accept, and then date him temporarily. I was friends with this guy months ago, then we had a fight and I haven't talked to him since then. What he is doing is just out of the ordinary and weird. His friend started a dating rumour between me and him, or maybe he started it. So, what should I do?

You either like him or you don't. Either way, it shouldn't matter how he communicated his interest. How old are you, by the way?

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2022, 2:32 pm

I'm 17 and this guy is the same age as me.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 5:26 pm

skrish234 wrote:

What is the point of that? It would be kinder if you didn't play such games.

You said you had an argument and stopped talking. Talk to him. Maybe he has feelings for you and is too shy to say anything.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:22 am

Teen girls and their stupid games….sigh, brings me memories.

Glad I am no longer a teen.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2022, 6:18 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
skrish234 wrote:

What is the point of that? It would be kinder if you didn't play such games.

You said you had an argument and stopped talking. Talk to him. Maybe he has feelings for you and is too shy to say anything.

I don't think he has feelings for me. I can't be sure because what I've heard so far was from his friend. It could be that his friend was exaggerating. I had feelings for this guy in the past, but I don't now. Maybe I still do, but I'm not sure.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 6:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I liked playing Zelda.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 6:56 pm

IMO Be up front with him that you don’t want to date him. It will mess with his head a lot if your unattainable

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2022, 7:37 pm

enz wrote:
IMO Be up front with him that you don’t want to date him. It will mess with his head a lot if your unattainable

I can't be sure if he wants to date me or not because he didn't tell me directly. His friend told me, so I can't be sure if this person is telling the truth or lying.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:44 am

skrish234 wrote:
enz wrote:

I can't be sure if he wants to date me or not because he didn't tell me directly. His friend told me, so I can't be sure if this person is telling the truth or lying.

Okay, it seems you might still like him, but aren't certain about his feelings for you....is that correct? And you're not sure if his friend was joking about him wanting your number. So, you want to be certain to avoid opening yourself up to ridicule etc.

There's nothing wrong with his friend asking for your number on his behalf....the guy himself might be shy.

In these situations, it's always better to cut out the middle man because people tend to meddle and things can get lost in translation. Do you feel comfortable approaching him yourself to have a chat?

I'm hoping someone else on the forum will chime in because I'm the worst person to advise on this stuff.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 4:11 am

skrish234 wrote:

So you were friends for some period of time during which you never suspected he might be interested in you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 6:22 am

If you feel something for him, say hi and hang out with him.

If you’re not sure, don’t bother.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 6:31 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I liked playing Zelda.

That’s my kind of girl!

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2022, 10:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
skrish234 wrote:

So you were friends for some period of time during which you never suspected he might be interested in you?

Yes but way before that, I had feelings for him. Maybe I still do, but I'm scared to confess as I might embarras myself

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 4:17 pm

When you have "feelings" for somebody, it's not a "maybe." At least from my experience.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2022, 5:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
When you have "feelings" for somebody, it's not a "maybe." At least from my experience.

If I have feelings for him, it explains why I wrote a letter to him. It wasn't a confession letter but it was more of an apology. I even told his friends to relay the message that I was sorry. I was sorry for hurting him months ago.