Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

technologyfan936
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2022, 8:35 pm

Hello everyone!

It has ben a while since I have been on this forum.

What do you guys think of long-distance relationships? How was your experience? Mine lasted for two-and-a-half-years.

Thanks.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 11:11 pm

technologyfan936 wrote:
Hello everyone!

It has ben a while since I have been on this forum.

What do you guys think of long-distance relationships? How was your experience? Mine lasted for two-and-a-half-years.

Thanks.

I had a long distance relationship with a woman another state who was moving to my area.It did not work out i thought she might be the one for a while.We are not on speaking terms.I had another long distance relationship with a woman from a rich family but I just could not see spending the rest of my life with her.But she had a great family.But I had a lot of fun with her.I saw her last year.We are estranged now.I thought she might be the one too.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:51 pm

Depends how well you know the person before they move away. I found it to be just bad and thought I was getting to know the person but really wasn't

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jun 2022, 8:21 pm

Long distance relationships can potentially turn out very well if one of you is willing & able to relocate 1ce things get serious. However they can also turn very bad if you are forced to remain long distance for an extended time.

All 3 of my relationships were long distance. My 1st two only lasted about half a year thou I was friends with my 1st for a bit before we were in a relationship. They were both in school & a lot younger than me & dependent on their parents so we woulda had to remain mostly long distance for quite a while. The distance was very difficult for me to handle. I HATED sleeping alone & HATED not being able to spend time with them in person just hanging out or whatever. I also had BAD anxiety & BAD OCD that might woulda been a little better if I was with them in person a lot more. It contributed to me being needy, clingy, controlling, & unstable which is some of why we broke up.

My current relationship was also long distance for about half a year but we were able to move in together after. She's about half a year older than me & like me has various disabilities but more benefits than I had including housing assistance. She tried living alone for a year & had major problems. She was planning to move back in with her family but hated the idea of it. I felt trapped living with my parents. Me & mom had major problems getting along. Plus I cant drive & they live in a rural area with no public transportation & nothing within a decent walking distance. I NEVER had a close relationship with anyone in my family & I also had nothing going on in my life so I was VERY willing to relocate. I was planning to relocate for both my exes but like I said it was not feasible for the foreseeable future. I'm a lot happier living with Cass than living with my parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:30 pm

have always been long-distance for me. kate hepburn said "perhaps men and women are not so well-suited for each other, maybe it would be better if they lived apart and dropped in now and then."

Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:47 pm

I had a long distance relationship for 6 years with the woman who became my wife. You have to work hard to keep the fire alive. Long, long video calls, emails, texts, handwritten letters, flight tickets, intense dating during the short periods we were together etc.

We both had plenty of people hitting on us when we were apart but never reciprocated. Very early on we made a rule that anything considered cheating in the other person's eyes was an unconditional, non-negotiable reason to break up. We still have that rule, even though we have a child. My wife knows I'd divorce her immediately if i found out about any kind of cheating and she'd do the same to me. That kind of strict rule keeps you in check.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 1:10 am

I was in a long distance relationship,he lived in different country, he lives in France, we talked in a texting app, we heard each other voices, we texted for alot of hours. We were planning on meeting, he wanted to move here for me, we were in a relationship for almost a year, we didn’t meet, we broke up before we met. I’m still friends with him, we text once or twice a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 4:07 am

^^^i hope one day you two can meet. :bounce: :bounce:

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 9:20 am

The first girl I talked to from online, I found out within a month that she wanted to wait until her wedding night to have sex. I knew this was something I never wanted to do so we ended things after only 2 months of talking to each other.

For the next year, I talked to perhaps around a dozen different girls online. Many of them would fizzle out within a month of talking because either I didn't like them, they didn't like me, or the feelings were mutual.

I met a girl in February of this year who I like, and the feelings happen to be mutual, so I think things will become serious between us. We hope to meet in early 2023.

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 11:43 pm

My girlfriend (who is also a member of WP) and I have been in a Long Distance Relationship for nearly sixteen months now and we will be meeting for the first time this September for a ten day holiday in New York City :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 11:54 pm

^^^i hope you two have a big ol' time in the big apple :wtg: 8) :mrgreen:

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:59 am

The_Wolf wrote:
My girlfriend (who is also a member of WP) and I have been in a Long Distance Relationship for nearly sixteen months now and we will be meeting for the first time this September for a ten day holiday in New York City :)

Vaya con dios, amigo.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 7:41 pm

The_Wolf wrote:

Wow! Exciting time for you both!!
Hope you have a great trip and make each other truly happy.
Greetings from across the ditch.