Love on the Spectrum: US edition

Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 12:55 pm

MaxE wrote:
As for James, I have been to a few cons in my day and saw a lot of people who look like him and they often have women with them, and TBH they are almost all plus-sized and VERY nerdy (although I wouldn't try to guess how many are legitimately on the spectrum). If they really wanted to find him a partner, they should have probably set him up to meet up with an unattached example of such at a con and perhaps even booked them a room so she could drag him into bed, if she knows what to do with a naked dude she could probably get him interested even if at first he's put off by her appearance.

As a matter of fact, maybe those cons should have a dating event that people could sign up for then you go on a date with whomever they match you up with. Of course a lot of men won't get matched but some will. Of course you'd have to go on some sort of date with whomever they match you up with, it wouldn't be Love Island.

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2022, 3:33 pm

MaxE wrote:
Regarding the two couples that are now together, I think this basically shows that arranged relationships may be the most successful solution for some people in our society and I would welcome a movement to make this happen for many more people, not just those fortunate enough to be cast in a show like this.

Regarding Kaelynn, her IG is public. I don't know if she was well known before LOTS however it goes back quite a long ways and you can see that in school (not sure if it began in HS or University) she had a quite long-term relationship but of course no idea why it ended. Then about 3-4 years ago she was in a briefer relationship. The point being that she has substantial relationship experience and might have not been a good fit for this show, I mean she's autistic but would seem to have the ability to find partners on her own and would most likely have a very high threshold for getting excited about something the producers of LOTS set up (BTW I think all the Speed Dating "events" are staged for the show, consider the Michael and Heather debacle). I mean she was just basically playing along — had she met someone that way that was a serious prospect I'm sure she'd have gone with it, but would probably have been more selective in general than the viewers would expect. Another thing from her public IG is that she once belonged to a BB team named "Team Jesus" and I suspect her basic upbringing and values are Evangelical in fact her LTR I mentioned above may have been chaste although being secular from birth I have no idea how Evangelicals typically deal with that issue but I would think they'd be best served by Speed Dating events etc. that are expressly targeted at Evangelicals. As for the "racial" thing, it's possible that somebody from a "Conservative" background might have less enthusiasm for an interracial relationship but it's my impression that many Evangelicals and other Conservatives are in such relationships so nothing to say about that.

I agree that she wasn't the greatest fit for the show, but I guess they like "wild cards" or something, because in the Aussie version, they have two couples (or more, I'm only on like s1 ep 4 or so) that were already established relationships before being on the show, when it should just feature single people.

In terms of Kaelynn, I haven't gone very deep in her IG, but from the show I got more of a progressive vibe off her than an evangelical conservative vibe. I don't think there are many southern evangelical conservative women that would have "Capitalism bad" in their Tinder bio.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 5:40 pm

Agent_Elflord wrote:
In terms of Kaelynn, I haven't gone very deep in her IG, but from the show I got more of a progressive vibe off her than an evangelical conservative vibe.

Well the Team Jesus thing is real.

Agent_Elflord wrote:
I don't think there are many southern evangelical conservative women that would have "Capitalism bad" in their Tinder bio.

That's a bit unexpected.

EDIT a little research reminds me she was using a dating app. Didn't recognize it as Tinder. I couldn't see the "Capitalism bad" on the profile. I won't argue about it.

Agent_Elflord

05 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm

MaxE wrote:
Agent_Elflord wrote:
In terms of Kaelynn, I haven't gone very deep in her IG, but from the show I got more of a progressive vibe off her than an evangelical conservative vibe.

Well the Team Jesus thing is real.

Agent_Elflord wrote:
I don't think there are many southern evangelical conservative women that would have "Capitalism bad" in their Tinder bio.

That's a bit unexpected.

EDIT a little research reminds me she was using a dating app. Didn't recognize it as Tinder. I couldn't see the "Capitalism bad" on the profile. I won't argue about it.

It was on the show when she and her roommate were swiping through guys on the couch and she talked about her bio.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 8:41 am

Agent_Elflord wrote:
MaxE wrote:

It was on the show when she and her roommate were swiping through guys on the couch and she talked about her bio.

Well assuming you're right, opposition to capitalism per se is not a mainstream point of view in the US although people who talk that way are seen as naïve more than misguided. It just seems like something I think they would have edited out as a distraction. She was most definitely was a member of a BB team called Team Jesus. That sort of thing is typical evangelical as opposed to e.g. upper middle class Episcopalian. It's possible she's drifted away from it over time, although most people seem not to.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 4:11 pm

thinking about Steve Spitz from Love on The Spectrum, gets me mad, angry, and depressed, due to the details i heard disclosed about him

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 4:12 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
thinking about Steve Spitz from Love on The Spectrum, gets me mad, angry, and depressed, due to the details i heard disclosed about him

Maybe you should consider therapy.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:11 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

why? do you know what i'm referring to or getting at about him?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:13 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

You keep on saying that these things are making you mad, angry, and depressed. You are also spamming the board. It might not hurt to get your mental health checked out by a professional.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:16 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

You keep on saying that these things are making you mad, angry, and depressed. You are also spamming the board. It might not hurt to get your mental health checked out by a professional.

because even if i do seek therapy, nature and reality, the world, society, is NOT gonna change, gonna remain the same.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:20 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

because even if i do seek therapy, nature and reality, the world, society, is NOT gonna change, gonna remain the same.

The only thing that we can change is ourselves, including our attitude. A defeatist attitude will get you nowhere.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 5:48 pm

the reason why thinking about Steve Spitz from Love on the Spectrum, gets me mad and depressed, irritated, is because, i think it was sadly disclosed about him, that he is a man in his 60s and he has never had a girlfriend before, if that is sadly true, then his case is a brutal cold harsh reminder of what can easily happen to tons of guys, men, around the world