What Would Your Dating Life Have Looked Like If You Were NT?

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would Dating Be Easier If You Were Neurotypical?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 16 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
I'm a neurotypical and my dating life rocks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a neurotypical and my dating life sucks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like to eat grass and moo like a cow 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 24

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 9:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I have never understood why incels thinks this image typifies the most desirable of males.

• Two right arms
• Three fingers and a thumb on each hand
• Two right legs
• A head-fin
• Microcephaly
• A chin that would make Dudley Do-Right proud

And that is either a serious case of Epididymitis, or the image has only one buttock.

Poor, poor Chad.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:19 am

It probably would’ve been better, but even neurotypicals find dating hard and get into lousy relationships sometimes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:26 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
It probably would’ve been better, but even neurotypicals find dating hard and get into lousy relationships sometimes.
Ahh . . . but do they post multiple threads in which they seem to endlessly complain about it?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:30 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Ahh . . . but do they post multiple threads in which they seem to endlessly complain about it?

No, they usually get together with their friends and complain over a few drinks. Then, while they are out, they meet someone new and the process repeats until marriage is attained, although complaining among friends continues.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:31 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
No, they usually get together with their friends and complain over a few drinks. Then, while they are out, they meet someone new and the process repeats until marriage is attained, although complaining among friends continues.
They seem to have at least partially solved their "Dating Problem" by going out and meeting someone new.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:33 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Lol

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
They seem to have at least partially solved their "Dating Problem" by going out and meeting someone new.

I don’t think it normally occurs to them to do otherwise.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:39 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I don’t think it normally occurs to them to do otherwise.
Since group settings are the most likely places to meet new people, there is no need for them to do otherwise.  However, I think bars are the best places to meet alcoholics, and not anyone with whom I would want to establish a personal relationship.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:39 am

For me almost certainly. Over the years I've apparently become better looking. My jaw has squared out and my weight has increased several stone from an emaciated skeleton years ago. Even my pecs and biceps are starting to show.

It caught the eyes of a couple of women over the months but my social skills hold me back.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2022, 10:54 am

Would've probably been more than just friends with the cheerleaders and other female athletes in high school, that's for sure :P

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 4:38 pm

Nades wrote:
For me almost certainly. Over the years I've apparently become better looking. My jaw has squared out and my weight has increased several stone from an emaciated skeleton years ago. Even my pecs and biceps are starting to show.

It caught the eyes of a couple of women over the months but my social skills hold me back.

I should think so, after the ripe old age of 1931...

In England kids aren't under so much pressure to date during high school like they seem to be in America, so even if I were NT I still might have not had a boyfriend in high school. Only the really popular girls had boyfriends, and even then it didn't seem to be a proper relationship, just two kids being labelled as boyfriend and girlfriend but then never speaking to each other much in school (don't know about outside of school). It was rare for kids to be in serious relationships, and to be honest the ones that were in serious relationships were actually the ones with very high IQs that seemed mature for their age.

I think boys thought I was cute, but didn't have the guts to date me because of how stupid and unpopular I was and so they were scared their social status would be under threat. Plus I was one of the shyest girls in the class and was seen as the "ret*d kid", so I don't blame boys for avoiding me like the plague. But I actually had boys treating me better than most the girls did.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 4:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I have never understood why incels thinks this image typifies the most desirable of males.

• Two right arms
• Three fingers and a thumb on each hand
• Two right legs
• A head-fin
• Microcephaly
• A chin that would make Dudley Do-Right proud

And that is either a serious case of Epididymitis, or the image has only one buttock.

Poor, poor Chad.

It's the confidence. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Vasco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2022, 5:50 pm

I would have a dating life if I was NT.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 7:23 pm

If I were an average height NT male, realistically, I’d have never gotten involved with the incel/red pill movement. The reason I got involved in the first place was because I sucked so bad with women for obvious reasons.

I’d maybe have dated in high school but if not, probably would have dated in college. Let’s put it this way, if I had the sex drive I did as an autistic 20 year old male, then I probably would have dated.

orbweaver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2022, 7:46 pm

I perhaps would have gotten dumped less because of being weird or embarrassing or scary, or having the wrong kinds of emotions. But I have known plenty of NT women who got dumped a lot, too, and have other relationship problems, so who knows.

I don't know that I would have married earlier than I did (first time, at 31) but I probably would have made a better choice, and I know I would not have been in the weird/codependent/abusive relationships I was in, because I felt as though I had to settle for those and somebody "normal" wouldn't have me.

ASD (dx. 2004, Asperger's Syndrome) + ADHD

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 1:32 am

Probably better, but I can't know to what extent.