What Qualities Do You Look For In A Partner?

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 10:32 pm

Another quality I would look for: no binge drinking or alcoholic behavior.

An occasional “fun” night is okay.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 10:43 pm

Those are all very good reasons to avoid relationships.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:04 pm

Can play the guitar like a motherfkkkng riot :!:

What I Got - Sublime

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:12 pm

Any interesting hobby like playing an instrument (especially the piano or violin), speaking a foreign language, or burping the alphabet

AutomatedStar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2022, 3:29 pm

Born female. That's it more or less

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm

1.Interested in me for me and not material possessions or social status
2.Kind, compassionate, understands, and listens
3.Intelligent
4.Is comfortable with a normal or below average standard of living(true no one wants to be in the latter situation but life happens and not everyone can have luxurious life styles, even normal life styles are hard to pull off these days)
5.Has a decently healthy weight and body(I'm not there myself but I'm working on it. And if she is too that's okay with me as well. Can be something to do together and bond over)

Bonus points: Knows how to cook well and doesn't mind cooking because I love to eat!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 6:30 pm

1. I don't have "social status"----so that doesn't matter

2. Has a decent regard for me. Thinks I'm the Cat's Pajamas, even though I'm really not.

3. Doesn't have a general dislike for "men."

4. Understands that it's impossible to agree on everything, though it would be swell if we had a similar philosophical
outlook.

5. Doesn't desire a prenuptial agreement (though I don't have any money, anyway!)

6. Likes doing simple, romantic things---not into going to fancy restaurants all that often (maybe once in a while).

7. Doesn't mind it that I like air-conditioning in the summer

8. Doesn't mind it that I'm not really handy around the house

Many other things----though I can't think of them at the moment.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 7:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
1. I don't have "social status"----so that doesn't matter

2. Has a decent regard for me. Thinks I'm the Cat's Pajamas, even though I'm really not.

3. Doesn't have a general dislike for "men."

4. Understands that it's impossible to agree on everything, though it would be swell if we had a similar philosophical
outlook.

5. Doesn't desire a prenuptial agreement (though I don't have any money, anyway!)

6. Likes doing simple, romantic things---not into going to fancy restaurants all that often (maybe once in a while).

7. Doesn't mind it that I like air-conditioning in the summer

8. Doesn't mind it that I'm not really handy around the house

Many other things----though I can't think of them at the moment.

I thought you were married kraftiekortie? Were you describing your wife just now?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 7:29 pm

Yeah, I'm married.

I was describing an "ideal woman." And I wasn't being very serious.

It would be nice if a woman is as ideal 25 years after the marriage than at the start of the marriage----but this is not realistic, most of the time.

She does have most of the good characteristics, though.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2022, 6:09 am

I'm very odd compared to most guys. I tend to really like women that are needy, dependent, immature, & stupid. I do not see them that way but most others would. I find stupidity & immaturity very attractive & CUTE cuz I'm very stupid & immature compared to my peers. I like women who have various disabilities & issues because I'm disabled in various ways & have various issues. I'm also very needy & dependent within a relationship & think being supportive is my biggest relationship strength even thou I don't go about it the typical NT way, I'm much more direct & straightforward. Mostly thou I just wanted a woman who was willing to give me a real chance & who would be willing to put forth some effort into trying to make a relationship work with me instead of expecting me to do all the work & compromising.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 11 Aug 2022, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 6:13 am

My ideal woman is a cross between Nigella Lawson and Eleanor Roosevelt.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2022, 6:44 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mine didn’t brush his teeth either. Days worth of alcohol breath. Ewww. He wasn’t great about showering or bathing. He made the couch stink, so when I kicked him out, threatening to call the cops (which I should’ve done), I bought a new couch.
My current girlfriend has problems brushing her teeth & showering & mostly does it on days she goes out. We think it's a problem with her executive function & fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. She also has an issue with blood pressure or something where certain positions & activities make her feel lightheaded. Docs don't really know what's going on nor really care to investigate. Her not brushing her teeth or showering every day or so does not bother me. I'm a little bothered by her deodorant sprays she uses before going out even if she showered 1st. That can aggravate my allergies & sinuses. I started showering less often after I moved in with her but I was actually advised by my doc to shower every other day due to my skin eczema. Water & soap can dry my skin out & make me itch more. My eczema was extremely bad sometimes when I was a kid. I kind of outgrew it during my teens but it came back some during my 30s. If I was working or going to school or something I would shower every night but I don't really see a reason to worry about showering every other night when I don't have anything going on. I really do need to get something going on thou.

I'd be very bothered by a woman who expects me to dress very nice & make excellent 1st impressions at fancy social events. That relationship would be doomed to failure. If I was forced to wear a real tie, I would try to hang myself with it :skull:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 8:16 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
3.Intelligent
4.Is comfortable with a normal or below average standard of living(true no one wants to be in the latter situation but life happens and not everyone can have luxurious life styles, even normal life styles are hard to pull off these days)
5.Has a decently healthy weight and body(I'm not there myself but I'm working on it. And if she is too that's okay with me as well. Can be something to do together and bond over)

Bonus points: Knows how to cook well and doesn't mind cooking because I love to eat!

Agree with #4, especially with housing prices and gentrification the way they are.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:10 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
3.Intelligent

Agree with #4, especially with housing prices and gentrification the way they are.

It’s frustrating. I would’ve been able to buy a decent house around here with my current salary just a couple years ago, not anymore.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 12:40 am

Similar interests to me

Kind

Adventurous

Intelligent

Communicates directly rather than through dropping hints, and is ok with being communicated with in this way

Healthy weight

Is ok being with a guy who works in a profession that isn’t known for paying a high salary

Good cook

Non-crazy parents

Not super religious

Likes being in the water (both ocean and pool)

Isn’t ultra woke/man-hating feminist

Doesn’t smoke (tobacco or cannabis)

Doesn’t drink heavily

Doesn’t mind my being a teetotaller.

Probably more too, but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

#palestinianlivesmatter

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:33 pm

1) pretty hands
2) soothing voice
3) soft chest hair

:heart: