Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 5:39 am

I'm a harsh self-critic, and as a result have always been skeptical of people expressing appreciation for me. I could never accept it as sincere.
I've always had difficulty forgiving myself for my past mistakes.

How do others feel worthy?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:40 am

I don't, really. I just take each day as it comes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:42 am

I don't feel necessarily worthy.....but I don't necessarily feel UNworthy, either.

Out of 8 billion people in the world, I would say at least 7.99 billion of them are worthy of love.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:53 am

I'm unusual, but I'm not unworthy of love. There's another war relic out there.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2022, 1:44 pm

You should feel worthy of love.

But if you don't, identify what aspects of yourself are causing you to feel this way and work on them. Work on your career. Work on your health and physique. Work on your friendships and hobbies. And no, your ability to be loved should never be judged by metrics and checkboxes like these. However, doing these things will help build your self-confidence.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 1:37 am

Everyone is worthy of love. Being ready for it/a relationship is another thing.

My answer is like what the guy above me suggests. I worked on myself.

Worked to identify what my assets are, and what I like/value about myself. I identified my faults and thoughts of ways to either correct them or to accept them as part of me. I've worked to take responsibility for my past missteps and tried to not only not repeat them, but to do better. I worked at trying to be a nicer and kinder person in general. I've tried to be more impeccable with my words, be more empathetic, speak up for myself, let go of things that are not for me. Just trying to be a better person and someone that if I met I would want to get to know.

It's not that I never feel worthless anymore, or am doing all things perfectly now; but the observation of progress and the gaining of assets in the process has raised my self value and confidence. If you want to feel worthwhile you have to start with you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Sep 2022, 5:39 pm

Working on yourself can be good but it is important to set realistic standards & goals for yourself. If you are constantly comparing yourself to others, you will always fall short no matter how much effort & improvement you make. Self-acceptance is just as important. Instead of focusing on how you don't measure up, try to find some good qualities about yourself even if they are things most others don't value, some others will.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition