Guys to overprotective of there girlfriends?

Page 10 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:20 pm

You're probably not a bad guy, James.....but you get yourself in situations in pubs all too frequently.

What is it about the pub that attracts you to it? I'm guessing it's the companionship with other people that you feel you cannot find anywhere else.

The thing is: it seems like those folks always make stupid comments, and they seem to get you into trouble.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The thing is: it seems like those folks always make stupid comments, and they seem to get you into trouble.

It's not just that.

But yeah, I would avoid bars if I was Jamesy.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're probably not a bad guy, James.....but you get yourself in situations in pubs all too frequently.

What is it about the pub that attracts you to it? I'm guessing it's the companionship with other people that you feel you cannot find anywhere else.

I enjoy going to the pubs on the weekend because I enjoy the buzz that having a few beers gives me. It just makes me feel happy and warm. :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:31 pm

I understand that (though I don't feel like I want to get that "buzz").

Does the pub sponsor social events. Is it more than a place to get drunk?

There are pub/bars in NYC which sponsor things.....like sports, charities, and outings. I'm sure the UK has those kind of pubs, too.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:32 pm

This hasn't been answered:

DanielW wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I agree that, ultimately, it's better to avoid bars altogether.

Is even going to a pub/bar once or twice a week to much for someone like me?

It COULD be if its getting you into these situations every time. How often do you go out and have an uneventful time?

Nor this:

Quote:
Do you go to the same bar/pub each time? Do you see the same people there each time?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

Yeah I usually hang out with the same social group. Although I do sometimes meet new people.

But I agree getting insulting remarks from some of the regulars is not so much fun.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:40 pm

I understand you want a girlfriend.

But the methods you're using just aren't going to work.

You're like me: you'll probably never attract a woman in a bar. I realized this very young, and I stayed away from bars, even though I happen to like playing pool.

And going up to women who already have guys is just bad form, and can lead to real trouble. Guys who are already possessive....become even more possessive and paranoid when drunk. Guys who wouldn't start fights sober....just might start fights when they're drunk.

And, really, it's not cool for the woman, either......because, later, the woman might be accused of being flirtatious by a drunk guy, and might get abused because of this. I've seen this happen.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I understand you want a girlfriend.

But the methods you're using just aren't going to work.

You're like me: you'll probably never attract a woman in a bar. I realized this very young, and I stayed away from bars, even though I happen to like playing pool.

And going up to women who already have guys is just bad form, and can lead to real trouble. Guys who are already possessive....become even more possessive and paranoid when drunk. Guys who wouldn't start fights sober....just might start fights when they're drunk.

And, really, it's not cool for the woman, either......because, later, the woman might be accused of being flirtatious by a drunk guy, and might get abused because of this. I've seen this happen.

I don’t really want a girlfriend at this point in my life to be honest with you but I would be up for a quick fling with lady on a night out on the town. :). Nothing to serious obviously.

Can I just say there have been times when I have had more luck at house parties then bars.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm

Well....don't act like a jerk at a house party....and you might get somewhere with a woman there.

Just act like a human being, and talk to women like they are people.

Do you have women friends at the gym you go to?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Well....don't act like a jerk at a house party....and you might get somewhere with a woman there.

Just act like a human being, and talk to women like they are people.

Do you have women friends at the gym you go to?

I use free weights/resistance bands at home so I don’t go to the gym.

I wouldn’t say giving a girl to much eye contact is being a jerk.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:01 pm

It could seem like you're being a jerk, even if you don't mean to be a jerk.

The best thing is to talk to women like they're your friends. When you're talking, you have a reason to be there. You're not just some guy staring at her.

There are even women who like talking about weights and all that.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are even women who like talking about weights and all that.

I’ve never met any.

I would avoid talking about weights unless the woman is a female bodybuilder or personal trainer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:07 pm

I've actually met quite a few women who are into fitness---including weights.

Of course, "fitness" involves much more than just weights. I don't mean talking about "supplements." I don't believe in them myself.

I, myself, am not really into fitness, actually.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:10 pm

If you're into sports, even better.

There are many, many female fans of sports. Many New York Mets fans, for example. Many Manchester City fans, for example.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:14 pm

My male friends aren't overprotective but they'd roll heads for me if needed.
It's the same with female friends.
Friends watch each other's back and make sure they're safe.
That being said most women can look after themselves.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
That being said most women can look after themselves.

That’s true although it probably wouldn’t be a great idea to go to the type of bars that have been mentioned in this thread alone (or at all). 8O