Sexless long-term relationships

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If I had stayed with my last partner, I would have ended up in such a relationship.

I can't be in a sexless relationship.

I think this is also age dependent. If your < 50 then of course sex is a big factor in any relationship. But for older people it's really not as big a deal. People don't talk about their sex lives with friends and strangers so I find it amusing when young folk are outraged when an older couple disclose they are in a sexless marriage.

Newsflash: it happens and the couple still love each other.

Is it about libido dropping off at a certain age?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:16 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If I had stayed with my last partner, I would have ended up in such a relationship.

I think this is also age dependent. If your < 50 then of course sex is a big factor in any relationship. But for older people it's really not as big a deal. People don't talk about their sex lives with friends and strangers so I find it amusing when young folk are outraged when an older couple disclose they are in a sexless marriage.

I've wondered about this as well....

I have heard of some women's libidos dropping after giving birth. Menopause can increase or decrease libido. I've also heard of some men having impotence as they get older due to drop in hormones. But plenty of men and women of advanced age have high libidos. So.... I have no clue...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:26 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

It's a combination of things but that's one.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:24 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone here has been in a long-term relationship that started with "normal" sexual contact, but became completely sexless at some point. Were you able to maintain the relationship for long when this happened and find ways to adapt to this new mode, or are such relationships doomed to eventually fail, as if often assumed?

I'm in a sexless relationship. Well, sort of anyway, if you only count putting a penis inside a vagina as sex. Otherwise we're in a very intimate relationship, we've been living together for 4 and a half years and we have kissed and cuddled every day, no lie. We make out a lot and touch each other in bed and everything.

We love each other unconditionally so our relationship is strong and is more than a relationship, we're inseparable soulmates (both consenting of course). I have issues with anything being inserted between my legs because I'm not normal, and my boyfriend has a low sex drive mentally, he's not the sort of guy to have sex on his mind all the time.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:53 pm

^^^^ Likes the above Post ^^^^
Gives me a genuine smile. Love is alive !

where ever you go ,there you are

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:08 pm

My current boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months and though we have discussed having sex, we both decided it's not needed to enjoy each other's company. Instead we foreplay with abstinence along with taking things slowly. However, that doesn't mean we don't love each other.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
My current boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months and though we have discussed having sex, we both decided it's not needed to enjoy each other's company. Instead we foreplay with abstinence along with taking things slowly. However, that doesn't mean we don't love each other.

Which is perfectly natural

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 2:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

To be honest with you, we are perfectly happy taking things slow and enjoying those other precious moments together as a couple. For example, there is nothing that will ever beat kissing your partner when you first open the door to greet them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

To be honest with you, we are perfectly happy taking things slow and enjoying those other precious moments together as a couple. For example, there is nothing that will ever beat kissing your partner when you first open the door to greet them.

What happens between two mutually consenting adults is their business.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:05 pm

^^^^ Agrees with the above post ^^^^

where ever you go ,there you are

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 6:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

What happens between two mutually consenting adults is their business.

Depending on how you define "foreplay" your relationship isn't necessarily sexless by my standards. I think of a sexless relationship as one in which one or both partners have lost all physical desire or never had any to begin with i.e. the sort of relationship asexuals say they want.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 7:25 am

Sexless foreplay can include, mild exploring, kissing, touching and even if you don't take your clothes off

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 11:44 am

it was like that with my ex who i met at 33, thats why at times it didn't feel like a true relationship

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 12:00 pm

Deal-breaker.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 12:51 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't mind being in a relationship where no sex is involved; as the last time I had actually been in a relationship was way back in 2007, so since that time I've not had any relationships nor friendships either.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 12:54 pm

I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker, but a healthy sexual relationship in the context of a loving relationship would be nice (or so I've heard :lol:).