Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 2:06 pm

Noamx wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
. . . its not a very pleasant / fair situation to be in, when that many women are not willing to connect for reasons so stupid, I don't even know whether to laugh or cry sometimes.
Have you really never figured out why women do not want to connect with you?

There could be 100 different reasons. But if you are only going to imply I have a problem and there's no possibility the woman has a problem, I think you have a big problem yourself, because honestly, the chances this is true are so slim. Also, in many different situations, I was more or less able to figure out the problem was her's, not mine, she was not ready / in a bad mood / already has a boyfriend, or something of that nature. And thats not something under my control or my fault altogether.

The common denominator in all the situations you describe is you. Maybe you think about why that is the case.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm

rse92 wrote:
Noamx wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
. . . its not a very pleasant / fair situation to be in, when that many women are not willing to connect for reasons so stupid, I don't even know whether to laugh or cry sometimes.
Have you really never figured out why women do not want to connect with you?
There could be 100 different reasons. But if you are only going to imply I have a problem and there's no possibility the woman has a problem, I think you have a big problem yourself, because honestly, the chances this is true are so slim. Also, in many different situations, I was more or less able to figure out the problem was her's, not mine, she was not ready / in a bad mood / already has a boyfriend, or something of that nature. And thats not something under my control or my fault altogether.
The common denominator in all the situations you describe is you. Maybe you think about why that is the case.
That is the implications I have been making all along -- there is something about him that all those women find unattractive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 4:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
. . . please stop asking me weird / stupid questions like these, I think that would greatly help us focus on the discussion itself.
So what do you think are the causes for your "Failure to Find A Girlfriend?"
I mentioned them all in the first post in this thread. A long, full list. You can read, right? Or atleast I hope you can.
Just making sure your list has not changed or been added to.

• When she said she cared a lot about financial related issues or about things a man should have, she was apparently not interested in your personality.

• When she said she is not in a hurry to find a boyfriend, she is likely playing the long game to find the best she could get.

• When she said she was not looking for a serious relationship, or for any relationship at all, she may have meant she was not interested in a relationship with you, specifically.

• When she said you did not look good enough for her, she likely has a GQ cover-boy in mind.

• When she said, "No thanks, I have a boyfriend", did you ask where he was, and why he was not paying attention to her?

The common thread in all of the above is that women can size up a man from across the room, and usually before he even notices her.  How do you present yourself?  Do you think that no one is checking you out unless your are directly in front of them?  First appearances matter, whether in clothing, expression, grooming, or the way you carry yourself.

• When she ghosted you after the first date, she likely discovered something about you she did not like.

• When she did not answer, or answered with a "Sorry, I do not think this is gonna work out", she had likely sized you up as not worth any more of her time.

The common thread in these two seems to be that she took a chance and went on a date with you before deciding to take the relationship no further.  What did these women see in you to take that chance?  What did they discover about you that drove them away?

First of all, I can be attractive and maybe even perfect in every manner, but if she really has a boyfriend, and not, only, saying, "I have a boyfriend", because she doesnt want to hurt my feelings, then no matter what I would do, a woman who has a boyfriend simply wont be interested. Why would she? Its rare women betray their boyfriend. She could do that, but why would she?

Many other things remain unknown. Most women didnt explain to me why. And to be honest with you, I asked "why?" every time. I always ask, because knowing the reason was always important to me every time. But I didnt always get an explanation. When I got an explanation, it wasnt good enough. It was like, mostly, a short statement like "Because I dont feel good about this" or something similar to that. And as you know, that doesnt explain much, obviously.

I think it can be my fault sometimes, but sometimes its completely her fault. She has a problem I dont know exactly what is, it could even be a mental problem, an emotional problem, a bad mood... many things. And these things arent my fault. It depends on whats going on in her personal life.

Overall, as you can probably tell, the reasons can be quite complicated. But in the cases where it was my fault, do you think its because of my glasses? Yes, I wear glasses in real life, and some women have a tendency in Israel to think, people with glasses look like nerds, and they dont like that. So it could be that too. But what would you say I need to do then, take off my glasses and have vision issues just to look better in the eyes of other women? And no, I dont use optical lens because they are uncomfortable.

I try to improve, but without knowing what it could be specifically, I might be trying to improve the wrong things.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:11 pm

Many, many things are important besides appearance. It’s hard to say what all you need to work on to improve your chances without knowing you personally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:13 pm

It's very important not to seem "desperate."

I seemed desperate in my early 20s; women fled from me in disgust as a result.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:17 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Many, many things are important besides appearance. It’s hard to say what all you need to work on to improve your chances without knowing you personally.
Even then, a man who already considers himself attractive will not likely see a need to make improvements.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Even then, a man who already considers himself attractive will not likely see a need to make improvements.

That’s true. It’s probably true of both genders.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 4:20 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

I'm talking about general improvement. If there are things I do wrong, and you tell me how to do things right, I'll pay attention to that, and think, if I'm following that, or not.

We dont need to meet face to face and have a long deep conversation. We cant even if we wanted to. Why cant you list the things you think generally improve chances?

Quote:

You sound as if you think I consider myself "perfect", "very attractive", etc... alot of assumptions. Are you able to list the things you think generally improve chances, instead of jumping to assumptions/conclusions about a person you dont really know?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:23 pm

I involuntarily left college for a couple of years and was freelancing as a software developer. When I returned to school flush with cash two years later I found that all of the ladies I continued my studies with were all very friendly and wanted to be friends, as I had the ability to explain the engineering concepts we studied and was helpful with assignments, but all were in long-term relationships. I've been in a triangle once before (involuntarily), there is no way in hell I'd do that again. My emotional state was far too fragile to be building friendships with women who are potential interests, who are already in relationships, in hopes that in the future they become single again. Some already sported engagement rings. A couple already had kids, even. I ran like hell from all of them.

The dating scene later in college really wasn't like it was when I was just starting college... Or maybe I just didn't know anyone closely like that early on. That might be it.

I was adamant about not using dating services, as I equate it to shopping. I find comparing people like that to be an unhealthy activity. I wouldn't want to be compared like that either. I only sought "natural" encounters in real-life situations.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 26 Aug 2022, 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:24 pm

Noamx wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I'm talking about general improvement. If there are things I do wrong, and you tell me how to do things right, I'll pay attention to that, and think, if I'm following that, or not.  We dont need to meet face to face and have a long deep conversation. We cant even if we wanted to. Why cant you list the things you think generally improve chances?
Quote:
You sound as if you think I consider myself "perfect", "very attractive", etc... alot of assumptions. Are you able to list the things you think generally improve chances, instead of jumping to assumptions/conclusions about a person you dont really know?
No, that is for YOU to determine, but first you have to admit something about you could be considered unattractive.

Last edited by Fnord on 26 Aug 2022, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:25 pm

Quote:
We dont need to meet face to face and have a long deep conversation. We cant even if we wanted to. Why cant you list the things you think generally improve chances?

Such a list would be extremely long! You could use the search feature and find a relevant post that talks about some things, though.

There’s probably an endless number of things that people might need to work on.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I'm talking about general improvement. If there are things I do wrong, and you tell me how to do things right, I'll pay attention to that, and think, if I'm following that, or not.  We dont need to meet face to face and have a long deep conversation. We cant even if we wanted to. Why cant you list the things you think generally improve chances?
Quote:
No, that is for YOU to determine, but first you have to admit something about you could be considered unattractive.

It would be easier to think of one’s potential deficits and work on those rather than go through some list that a stranger gave to him or her.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:28 pm

Maybe if you try to be friends with women first, you might get somewhere.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:31 pm

I have recommended  This Article  many times to men who cannot get a date and/or get "laid".  Topics include:

• Confidence
• Masculine Energy
• Good Social Skills
• An Interesting Lifestyle

The author is a professional "Confidence and Communication Coach", and his website has a lot of good advice on many different social subjects.

Sadly, most men seem to feel it is easier to blame women than to engage in self-examination and self-improvement.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 4:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Noamx wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Quote:

I can say it could be lack of smiling sometimes, but is that seriously something that can piss women off, or disappoint other women?

Other times its just not being in the right place/time. I'm unemployed and I am also not studying anything. Does this have to do with starting a job / studies, is related to success with women?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 4:32 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Maybe if you try to be friends with women first, you might get somewhere.

I personally don't have a grasp on the concept of friendship. It's completely alien to me.

Does OP know how to do it?