My brother has no right to complain

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Oct 2022, 12:38 pm

I know you do not want to hear this Janes but if your brother has no right to complain due to him screwing up a good thing, I think you have no right to complain as well since you are also too picky & ruled some women out. I do NOT think that right to complain & derseving to complain are the real issue here. I don't know what kind of relationship you guys have but comparing yourselves & struggles to each other & dwelling on who is worse will not not help either of you. It'll be better to commiserate & maybe the two of you could go places together to meet women. Try a new activity & be each others wing-man so to speak.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 12:46 pm

nick007 wrote:
I know you do not want to hear this Janes but if your brother has no right to complain due to him screwing up a good thing, I think you have no right to complain as well since you are also too picky & ruled some women out. I do NOT think that right to complain & derseving to complain are the real issue here. I don't know what kind of relationship you guys have but comparing yourselves & struggles to each other & dwelling on who is worse will not not help either of you. It'll be better to commiserate & maybe the two of you could go places together to meet women. Try a new activity & be each others wing-man so to speak.

Yes I would agree with you

I must ask though is wanting to date someone your own age or a bit younger like 27 really being to picky though :?

If the majority of women who are my age (33) are married and settled down then I guess maybe I am being to choosey since naturally I will have limited options. Of course another disadvantage I suspect I might be up against is that physically it’s possible I look a lot older than my age.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2022, 1:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:
Well don't give up hope.

Do you think know any 33 year olds who are married to 60 year olds?

A local 80 year old married a 30 year old Turkish guy. She says the sex has never been better

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2022, 1:37 pm

Jamesy wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I must ask though is wanting to date someone your own age or a bit younger like 27 really being to picky though :?

If the majority of women who are my age (33) are married and settled down then I guess maybe I am being to choosey since naturally I will have limited options. Of course another disadvantage I suspect I might be up against is that physically it’s possible I look a lot older than my age.

I'd like to see where you're getting this majority from? The amount of single mums of that age range in the UK are a larger proportion than my married/relationship friends in the same age range. Just women in their 30s with no baggage are rare and probably career focused so you'd need an amazing job to be even worthy of getting into their radar.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:47 pm

amykitten wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I'd like to see where you're getting this majority from? The amount of single mums of that age range in the UK are a larger proportion than my married/relationship friends in the same age range. Just women in their 30s with no baggage are rare and probably career focused so you'd need an amazing job to be even worthy of getting into their radar.

No I was just guessing that might be the reason but you proved me wrong.

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2022, 12:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
I think me and brother are running out of chances to find the right person especially now we are in our 30s.

If you write a detailed description of a recent failed attempt to invite someone to go on a "date" with you (and if you include enough detail such as "I said..." then "She said..." then "I said..."), then I believe there are enough people here in WrongPlanet who would read your detailed description and point out what things you needed to say or do differently.

For example, if you write your detailed description, and if the first part of your description is:
"I asked her politely, would you like to go on a date with me?"

Then I could let you know that you need to stop saying the word "date", because too many people feel that this word is repulsive. Their conscious mind insists that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "date", but their unconscious mind thinks, "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! EWWWWWWWWW! Just ... oh my god... Ewwwww! I can't believe he said the D word to me. So repulsive. He must be desperate and totally out of his brains. I'll definitely now tell him I already have 3 and a half boyfriends currently."

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 2:47 am

All brothers have a right to complain. IMO he's better off single.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 8:50 pm

Are you an old soul?