I'd prefer she date a woman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
Who's Billie Eilish? 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 25

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 12:54 pm

That makes sense. I'm in my late 30s and there are also people more around my age saying that older people shouldn't date people under 25 because the brain is not finished developing until then if that is a logical argument.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 3:31 pm

MaxE wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But what does being the cream of the crop having to with not having the capacity to date, since that is what people complain about in age gaps?

I don't think it has anything to do with capacity, it's just that more experienced men are supposed to be able to assert dominance over young women in their own self-interest but the young women don't understand that, rather they think the man is in love with them but he's actually just using them. I'm not saying how true this is, but I think that's the popular perception, largely reinforced by all the #metoo stories of recent years.

This is the prevailing narrative, however, men with power/money tend to pick younger partners.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 4:10 pm

But why are men with money and power criticized by society for if that's what they are attracted to? Also, young women are hot for guys who have money and power too, so why is it criticized if both parties are getting what you want usually?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 12:45 am

ironpony wrote:
But why are men with money and power criticized by society for if that's what they are attracted to? Also, young women are hot for guys who have money and power too, so why is it criticized if both parties are getting what you want usually?

Because in society you can have competing agendas. While there is bottom up women's rights movement. Concurrently powerful and famous men treat women like meat. Epstein, Weinstein, Clinton and Andrew are merely the tip of the iceberg.

And before you ask me the next question which is going to be "Why does society criticise these men" and "why don't they stop them" - the answer is because they are famous

Remember this
https://www.news.com.au/world/tiger-woo ... 497db4bec4

and he's still relevant...

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 11:47 am

But if this is true and women are attracted to men with money and power, then why are they if they tend to be abusive?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 3:43 pm

ironpony wrote:
But if this is true and women are attracted to men with money and power, then why are they if they tend to be abusive?

Ask the women who throw themselves at unimpressive looking celebrities
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1579318 ... -the-most/

Putting aside celebrities, this doesn't count the literally millions of high powered sportsmen, executives, musicians, professionals etc..who have groupies

I was reading Albert Eisntein's biography recently and was shocked that even he had groupies as an old man.

And let's not forget the women who throw themselves at serial killers or literally anyone in prison?

Of course not all women are like this but you have to acknowledge biological programming. One of the biggest surveys ever conducted in history asked 3 million japanese single women whether they would date
A. An ugly millionaire (pink)
B. A hot unemployed man (blue)
Here's the result:

And this explains the following Japanese government survey
https://soranews24.com/2022/06/15/rough ... rvey-says/

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

That makes sense. But when they go for the rich guys, they don't expect them to be abusive, do they? So how often would they avoid the abusive ones, in their choosings?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 9:47 pm

ironpony wrote:
That makes sense. But when they go for the rich guys, they don't expect them to be abusive, do they? So how often would they avoid the abusive ones, in their choosings?

It's not about abuse, it's about cheating and being replaced by the next romantic interest.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 10:12 pm

But rich guys are harder to lock down though, since they have so many more options, so why are women hot for these guys therefore? They just like the challenge?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 1:47 am

ironpony wrote:
But rich guys are harder to lock down though, since they have so many more options, so why are women hot for these guys therefore? They just like the challenge?

In 2022 the dating pool has become a marketplace.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/arch ... th/606982/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 5:52 am

It’s because they’re and powerful. This, solely, turns on some women before they grow out of it, or are tired of the abuse.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:46 am

Oh I see. That makes sense. How come age gap relationships are still judged though when there is no richer powerful person in the relationship still and yet they are still judged?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 6:57 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. That makes sense. How come age gap relationships are still judged though when there is no richer powerful person in the relationship still and yet they are still judged?

To be perfectly honest, it's because (in theory) any man who chooses a younger woman mostly cares about how she looks naked as opposed to any other qualities she may have, especially so if he left a woman his own age to be with her. And a woman who would willing enter into such a relationship is thought to either have no self respect or else be doing so for cynical reasons.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 7:11 am

Oh I see. My girlfriend is in her early twenties and I'm in my late 30s but I didn't think I chose her because of that and still love her personality a lot.

But I also didn't leave another woman to be with her and was single.

And she has more self-respect compared to the last woman I dated.

So I didn't think that was always the case but I guess people judge because they think it is?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 7:39 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. My girlfriend is in her early twenties and I'm in my late 30s but I didn't think I chose her because of that and still love her personality a lot.

But I also didn't leave another woman to be with her and was single.

And she has more self-respect compared to the last woman I dated.

So I didn't think that was always the case but I guess people judge because they think it is?

Yes that's what they'll think. Of course I don't know you personally. It's possible someone who knows you well will think differently.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 8:21 am

That's true. But what I also don't understand is the double standard if guys make it too much about looks in choosing a partner.

People talk about how guys have to be good looking in order to be successful with women. But if a guy chooses based on looks to an extent then he is considered shallow in comparison