Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 11:48 pm

Why men use dating lines? I had one guy said, You are so beautiful that the moon is jealous of you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 2:17 am

The moon is actually very ugly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 4:01 am

Why?  Some men seem to believe that there are certain "magic" words or phrases that will inspire a woman to want to have sex with them.  Others seem to believe that if they can make the woman laugh, she will be less likely to reject them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm

I think it really comes from insecurity and a desire to protect yourself from the pain of rejection. If you approach someone and tell them something that's honest and heartfelt, the rejection is personal and all the more painful for that.

If you rely on a cheesy chat-up line and you get rejected, well, it was the line that was rejected, and you never really felt that anyway so its all good - onwards and upwards. If you use it enough times, sooner or later it'll work.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 2:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why?  Some men seem to believe that there are certain "magic" words or phrases that will inspire a woman to want to have sex with them.  Others seem to believe that if they can make the woman laugh, she will be less likely to reject them.

Yep.

I can see how sometimes using humour to strike up a conversation could be an effective opener.. especially if someone does laugh and is then relaxed and willing to engage you in conversation.

That's why cheesy pickup lines like "How much does a polar bear weigh?" ... ..."...enough to break the ice." exist. Could be effective in the right scenario.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 4:52 pm

Pickup lines don't get you the girl, but if it's amusing (for the right person) and intriguing enough, it gets their attention. It has to be original though. Has to be.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 5:21 pm

Alot of the guys that I talked to, don’t give me lines :D I wish I remember this one pickup line, I can always hear it, it something have to do with angels & being beautiful.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 6:00 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Alot of the guys that I talked to, don’t give me lines :D I wish I remember this one pickup line, I can always hear it, it something have to do with angels & being beautiful.

Usually pickup lines are an in person verbal thing at a bar/club/coffee shop etc vs. text message thing.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 6:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Usually pickup lines are an in person verbal thing at a bar/club/coffee shop etc vs. text message thing.

It could just as easily be on a dating site message if it's a humorous reference to something from your profile.

I know that for a fact, just not in the context of a dating site.