Is it pointless to have sex just to say ''you've done it'' ?

Page 5 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

W12Ranger
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2022, 5:11 pm

No, definitely not.

Do it on your own terms rather than because you feel pressured, it will be make it a better experience.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2022, 12:22 am

chris1989 wrote:
Speaking as someone who hasn't yet had that experience, I seem to feel some people have sex for the first time and then later on when it might be brought up in a conversation about relationships and sex, you can say that I did it like you have been there and done it as though want rid yourself of the status of being a virgin. I remember hearing something from somewhere that the average person has sex for the first time in there mid or late teens. That still didn't happen with me as I had no relationship even I did like a friend of mine I used to be friends with even though she didn't seem to really want to be in a relationship. I also seem to think that when it comes to people having sex and then having their first child. I seem to think it happens because will feel like ''Well I'm in my late 20s, I should really start having children.'', much like what I heard this woman say in response to a story about another woman in her late 20s choosing not to have children with her partner and chose a form of sterilisation. I don't know why we feel naturally pressured to have babies early when a person might be feeling its too soon for me to start thinking about that in for example, your late teens or early 20s. I just seem to also think what would it do for me having sex or having a baby ? Would it make me feel any more content or satisfied with life. Its another question I ask myself in the similar way I ask myself would a more fancy car or having more friends and going out with them a lot make me any more happier or less frustrated than what I am now ?

My assumption has always been that people have sex due to strong biological urges. There really isn’t any other worthwhile reason from my perspective. Any other reason seems like a distortion of reality.

I can see instances where it isn’t the result of biological urges. But, if the question is asked why John had sex with Sally the most common reason would be a biological urge.

I actually think if you do it for a reason other than a biological urge you are setting yourself up for failure. That is the way it is designed.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 1:07 am

It's not just biological urges though

People have sex as a "one-night stand" and have sex without the intent of getting pregnant

Many of the couples in TV shows and movies do it for fun and without actual penetration

I am scared of pregnancy childbirth and labor so IF I was to have sex it would only be for the experience

Besides I'm 30 and too old for pregnancy!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 2:13 am

it is less tiring not being an outlier that others either pity or scorn.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 2:32 am

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 6:00 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Unless your mother has literally locked you inside, if there's somebody you want to have sex with then nothing should be stopping you from just getting a hotel room for that purpose, even if just for an hour.

I wish but my new boyfriend is 3 hours away and I won't see him for a while

I am miserable being stuck here living with my mom so next year I'm finally DOING something about it!

3 hours is not that far there was a time in my life when I was driving 4.5 hours each way, every weekend, to be with my first girlfriend. If this guy has transportation then he should be able to get a room at Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn. You should tell him you want him to. If he resists that suggestion you should be concerned.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 8:36 am

if the OP lived in a nation with legalized sex work, his task would be immeasurably easier.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 9:52 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

People have sex as a "one-night stand" and have sex without the intent of getting pregnant

Many of the couples in TV shows and movies do it for fun and without actual penetration

I am scared of pregnancy childbirth and labor so IF I was to have sex it would only be for the experience

How is 30 too old for pregnancy, Miss Sara?

My mom had my little brother, who is 15 and taller than me now, when she was 35.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2022, 9:57 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

I can only speak for males but the sex drive is biological and has nothing to do with babies.

Many people have had sex who do not know where babies come from.

Sex for women can be a passive act.

As far as the experience of having sex as a women I imagine that is a more passive experience as well.

You could possibly just be witnessing it. It could be otherwise. That is probably why you are suppose to wait for someone you care about.

Personally, I can have sex with someone I just met as long as there is a biological urge that gives me an erection and that can just be sight and sound. The women does not have to like me although that helps. She just has to bend over or spread her legs. That is an exaggeration but that is how it is for many men. It is an exaggerated description but you should not doubt it.

The experience for a man is taking his erection that spontaneously happened and sticking it in a vagina back and forth. Babies have nothing to do with that. There is a biological urge to do that. Doubt that at your own peril.

I assume that you are joking with me to say that 30 is too late for pregnancy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 10:46 am

JimJohn wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

I can only speak for males but the sex drive is biological and has nothing to do with babies.

As far as the experience of having sex as a women I imagine that is a more passive experience as well.

You could possibly just be witnessing it. It could be otherwise. That is probably why you are suppose to wait for someone you care about.

Personally, I can have sex with someone I just met as long as there is a biological urge that gives me an erection and that can just be sight and sound. The women does not have to like me although that helps. She just has to bend over or spread her legs. That is an exaggeration but that is how it is for many men. It is an exaggerated description but you should not doubt it.

The experience for a man is taking his erection that spontaneously happened and sticking it in a vagina back and forth. Babies have nothing to do with that. There is a biological urge to do that. Doubt that at your own peril.

Wut? :?

You don’t think that we’ve evolved to seek sex for pleasure in order to ensure the perpetuation of our species.. ?

I assure you, the primary biologically evolved reason for sex = baby making’. That’s WHY we’ve evolved to seek sex via hormonal urges & pleasure seeking.. to ensure baby makin’. The two cannot be decoupled.*

*obvi there’s no baby makin’ in gay sex, but in general, humans have evolved to seek sex to ensure there are more humans on the way every 9 months.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2022, 11:15 am

goldfish21 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

You don’t think that we’ve evolved to seek sex for pleasure in order to ensure the perpetuation of our species.. ?

I assure you, the primary biologically evolved reason for sex = baby making’. That’s WHY we’ve evolved to seek sex via hormonal urges & pleasure seeking.. to ensure baby makin’. The two cannot be decoupled.*

*obvi there’s no baby makin’ in gay sex, but in general, humans have evolved to seek sex to ensure there are more humans on the way every 9 months.

I think we are unable to communicate. My urge is to have sex not have a new born baby in my arms. The urge leads to a result. The result of having a baby does not happen to me. It is extraneous.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 11:51 am

JimJohn wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

I think we are unable to communicate. My urge is to have sex not have a new born baby in my arms. The urge leads to a result. The result of having a baby does not happen to me. It is extraneous.

I agree with you to an extent. I have the same urge but no desire to have a baby, however we live in an age where our brains have outsmarted the rest of our bodies so a condom or pills can make the latter a unlikely prospect.

The urge to have sex is nothing more than your body rewarding you for an orgasm which by default often results in more babies.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 9:21 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

How is 30 too old for pregnancy, Miss Sara?

My mom had my little brother, who is 15 and taller than me now, when she was 35.

Yeah and my mom had me and my brother at 40

I believe I only said that to trick myself into believing I am too old to get pregnant

I'm scared of labor and C-sections plus I don't think I'm ready for the heavy responsibility of raising a child

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 9:36 pm

While I never actually had sex before I HAVE made out with and passionately kissed a guy before so I can say that is something which I have done

And that making out and passionate kissing could have led to sex if I allowed it to

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 7:57 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
While I never actually had sex before I HAVE made out with and passionately kissed a guy before so I can say that is something which I have done

And that making out and passionate kissing could have led to sex if I allowed it to

We'll as it seems you have met somebody with whom you share mutual interest, there's nothing to stop you from asking him for sex, or at least something beyond passionate making out and kissing. Or at least doing those things while naked. I don't think he'll react badly to being asked for sex

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 8:15 am

He's my Ex-boyfriend though

Once my new boyfriend leaves where he is in 2 years or less I will try to get him alone and have sex

I don't care what my mom thinks