StephenBeets679895
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
StephenBeets679895 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
StephenBeets679895 wrote:
I'm fearful of getting scammed, so I have to struggle with that. I often don't trust, so I sometimes go in with a bit more defensiveness than maybe I should.

And finally, my own gut suspicion that women today don't really care about love. They only want a guy if he's super successful at a job, better yet HAS a job AND LOTS of money, so she can leech off of him for handbags, jewelry and other things like that. I can't help but feel like a poor, unemployed man will never have any chance, no matter how hard he tries or how well-crafted his moves are. Women don't let themselves fall in love with a guy if they discover he isn't "gainfully employed", doesn't have money or any of what they think he should have. It's like his personality and good manners ain't worth a damn. Faithfulness doesn't count, in fact they seem to LIKE a man who is a cheater and a player because he's "sexier" than the unemployed dude who is a rock-solid partner otherwise.

This is exactly why I prefer to pursue women who are at least slightly more successful than myself even though they're usually out of my league. WAY less likely to take advantage of me. If I'm going to spoil a woman, they need to earn it :P

Geez dude, how do ya manage that? I guess you have more disposable money to toss at dating sites than I'll ever have. All the "good" women seem to be "Premium Account Only" on most dating sites, which means they ain't accessible to puny peasants such as myself. I wish I could do what you seem to be doing. I just don't have the luck and gumption for it to work. But I do agree with your last statement. If she wants time with me, she's gonna have to earn it. And I'm not THAT difficult to please, either!

I don't pay to use dating sites but it's incredibly frustrating when conversations with the overwhelming majority of women I talk to from them end up like this :PImage

HA!! ! :lol: That picture says it all right there! That's why I'll NEVER bring my smartphone to ANY social gathering! I cannot stand how the smartphone attachment is so pervasive. And I see perfectly why any conversation with anyone these days is frustrating. As much a blessing as mobile technology has been, it's just as much been an abject disaster and I'm not certain at all who to blame. The tech corps or the users of tech themselves? I dunno, they BOTH seem guilty to me. Man, I really am on the "wrong" planet. WTH am I doing HERE, of all places?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm

Canada.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 6:39 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
For me, it's finding someone with the same interests.

A rather daunting task in Houston.

Why is that really daunting in Houston?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 6:53 am

My struggle is: if I think someone is nice, they are invariably not.

New strategy: go for people I think are not nice.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 4:13 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
My struggle is: if I think someone is nice, they are invariably not.

New strategy: go for people I think are not nice.

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2023, 5:32 pm

I have two problems:

1. I’m really shy!

2. I want to be with someone who will treat me like a lady. :heart:

3. He mustn’t mind my whimsical, romantic side. :heart:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 9:13 pm

WisteriaRose wrote:
I have two problems:

1. I’m really shy!

2. I want to be with someone who will treat me like a lady. :heart:

3. He mustn’t mind my whimsical, romantic side. :heart:

Er, that's three problems, Wisteria. :?

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2023, 9:35 pm

Math is hard. :heart:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 10:44 pm

Right, so is English. :p

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2023, 10:47 pm

I guess it’s all in what you like. I like to read.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 10:52 pm

Hey, reading is cool. :) I just happen to like specific favorites, namely fantasy.

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2023, 11:56 pm

I really like reading 19th century novels and Romantic poetry.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2023, 3:42 am

Bataar wrote:
I imagine we all have different areas that we struggle with. Perhaps some just don't know how to or dislike having to interact with strangers. Maybe some are just very socially awkward. There are lots of options. My struggle is just in meeting people. Even before I was diagnosed with Aspergers, my hobbies and interests did not faciliate meeting women, specifically single women. Currently, I enjoy going to a cigar/pipe lounge on winter evenings. Lots of nice guys (mostly married) there and occasionally someone will bring their wife or girlfriend with them, but there are no single women.

I'm also a fan of board/card gaming. I used to be a pretty hardcore player of Magic: the Gathering, but have transitioned more into board games. Guess what, that's not a viable way to meet single women. Lots of women play and enjoy gaming, but they're not single. They come with their husbands or boyfriends and really enjoy the hobby, but not single.

I also really enjoy fishing. I meet lots of nice and attractive women while fishing, believe it or not, but none of them are single. I've taken classes for bonsai trees, photography, cooking, etc and same problem. Lots of guys show up and a few wives and girlfriends, but no single women.

I have the same issue as you Bataar. I am apart of a few groups but they are all dominated by other men and the few other women that are involved are either married or single and way too old for me. I attended a singles mixer for people with disabilities this past weekend which thankfully had a very even male to female ratio but most of the attendees were intellectually disabled so that didn't bode well for me as I am a high functioning autistic. It is so frustrating trying to meet people these days it's not even funny.