Why do some people dislike inter racial dating?

Page 2 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:47 am

W12Ranger wrote:
I believe some people feel that the person of their race dating somebody from another race is somehow rejecting THEM personally. As crazy as that sounds that could well be true.

Yep. Probably so.

Also, if they happen to be believers in a racial nationalist ideology, they see "race-mixing" as threatening the "purity" -- or even the survival -- of their own race.

My first boyfriend in high school was black. (I'm white.) He broke up with me when he joined some Black nationalist "Muslim" group similar to the Nation of Islam.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 4:05 am

Joe90 wrote:
Well, you know some weird or unkind people that hang out in the pub so it's probably just an opinion of their's. A black person dating a white person isn't an issue at all. Just the people you hang about with.

I was once called a racist jerk on wrong planet when I said I have never been attracted to a black woman.

Just because someone is a different race to me does not mean I am obliged to date them :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 5:26 am

Jamesy wrote:
I was once called a racist jerk on wrong planet when I said I have never been attracted to a black woman.

Just because someone is a different race to me does not mean I am obliged to date them :roll:

Who is asking you to date black women??

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 5:35 am

Jamesy wrote:
I heard recently that a guy I know got barred from the pub because he took offence to a black/white couple having a relationship.

My question is why do SOME people dislike it when they see a white person having a relationship with a black person?

Personally I do get a bit jealous when I see an attractive white women swooning over black guys like Prince or Idris Elba. This could be due to the fact that I am very much mostly attracted to white females.

Well, then he should be banned from the pub. He can date whoever he wants but it's not his business who other people date.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 5:36 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Pass this along to the racist pigs, Jamesy.

Hmm, true but respecting someone and wanting to date them are also 2 different things.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 6:55 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
My parents call Megan Markle a manipulative b***h.

Does that make them racist?

Why are you associating "manipulative b***h" with her race?

It's more likely because she's American. I think many British people resent Americans although they usually don't directly acknowledge it. In this case, they probably equate Megan with Wallis Warfield Simpson who was also American and despised for having stolen the heart of her husband, the former King.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 6:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Well don't you think it's unfair to be called a racist jerk just because I stated that i am mainly attracted to white women?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:03 am

Jamesy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Well don't you think it's unfair to be called a racist jerk just because I stated that i am mainly attracted to white women?

It's not racist to be attracted to only white women. But in this politically correct society, yes it is racist. But...it's not really. So don't worry.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:05 am

Jamesy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Most white people are? so why make a big deal about it?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:23 am

Joe90 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It's not racist to be attracted to only white women. But in this politically correct society, yes it is racist. But...it's not really. So don't worry.

There are probably people who would call you a pervert for not being attracted to members of your own gender.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 8:00 am

It's racist to not want to be friends with a black person. But when it comes to dating, you can't help what sort of physical appearances you're sexually drawn to, which is subjective to every individual.

I have friends that are black and I love them as friends.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 8:25 am

Jono wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Pass this along to the racist pigs, Jamesy.

Hmm, true but respecting someone and wanting to date them are also 2 different things.

No, it’s not “two different things”.

The OP said his friend took offence to OTHER PEOPLE having interracial relationships. That other person was rejecting the woman and her dating choices even though he wasn’t directly involved in the relationship. He didn’t respect the couple because of their race.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:07 am

My mom thinks British boxer Anthony Joshua is good looking which I find perplexing. I mean his nose is to big and flattened through boxing.

Maybe it's his height of 6ft6 and muscular body which gives him sex appeal? Same with the late singer Prince I don't see why women would find him physically attractive.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:14 am

You spend a LOT of time judging men's looks.
Do you spend time looking at women, or getting to know women?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:16 am

Jamesy wrote:
My mom thinks British boxer Anthony Joshua is good looking which I find perplexing. I mean his nose is to big and flattened through boxing.

Maybe it's his height of 6ft6 and muscular body which gives him sex appeal? Same with the late singer Prince I don't see why women would find him physically attractive.

Because attraction is subjective (whether straight or gay).
I think Liz Truss is unattractive but someone else might think she's beautiful. I might think another person who looks like Liz Truss is attractive. It's just all subjective and very complex too.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 9:18 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
You spend a LOT of time judging men's looks.
Do you spend time looking at women, or getting to know women?

Yes I am interested in women of course but to shy to get yo know them.

Part of me is jealous of black men because they seem to have the upper hand over white guys. My dad was telling me how back in the 1960s there was a black gardener and all the 'white' house wifes would flock to see him :roll:

On that subject I do wonder if you put a white guy in an African town would all black ladies swoon around him?

Last edited by Jamesy on 06 Dec 2022, 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.