What Am I Even Supposed To Do To?

Page 25 of 26 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 8:39 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
well people can't change my mindset, people are entitled and have a right to their attitude, mindset, but i know that for the rest of my life, i will always be jealous and bitter, resentful towards people who got to date, have relationships in their teenage years and early 20s

We are all entitled to our own opinions.
It is our life, after all.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 11:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
well people can't change my mindset, people are entitled and have a right to their attitude, mindset, but i know that for the rest of my life, i will always be jealous and bitter, resentful towards people who got to date, have relationships in their teenage years and early 20s

I know how you feel. I've always felt resentful because all my cousins are NTs while I was the challenging child who was different and needed help. And as an adult I'm the one with the least friends. It's not fair, is it? It's not fair that some of us are born different while most aren't. It's like I won the genetic lottery really (not in a positive way though); having two NT parents, four NT grandparents, and 12 NT cousins. Nobody in my immediate family seem autistic at all. But somehow I managed to be born different. It's so easy to be born neurotypical, and it's so common, yet it couldn't happen to us. Not fair. :cry:

ya, because its a painful reminder that i didn't get to experience having a normal youth

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 1:13 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

I know how you feel. I've always felt resentful because all my cousins are NTs while I was the challenging child who was different and needed help. And as an adult I'm the one with the least friends. It's not fair, is it? It's not fair that some of us are born different while most aren't. It's like I won the genetic lottery really (not in a positive way though); having two NT parents, four NT grandparents, and 12 NT cousins. Nobody in my immediate family seem autistic at all. But somehow I managed to be born different. It's so easy to be born neurotypical, and it's so common, yet it couldn't happen to us. Not fair. :cry:

ya, because its a painful reminder that i didn't get to experience having a normal youth

Me neither. My teenage years went to waste. You never get your youth days back again.
Why does autism have to exist? Such a cruel thing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 1:14 am

Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

Me neither. My teenage years went to waste. You never get your youth days back again.

Absolutely.
You can thank the evolutionary process for that. 8)

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 9:41 pm

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

Absolutely.
You can thank the evolutionary process for that. 8)

ya, evolution or just nature made it out to be, that it sadly, makes people born with certain traits or disabilities that make it difficult to attract a partner, evolutions way of saying they don't want certain people to pass on their genes

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 10:15 pm

The bright side is, wait 5000 to 10,000 years and evolution will have rid the world of autism.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 10:25 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:

ya, evolution or just nature made it out to be, that it sadly, makes people born with certain traits or disabilities that make it difficult to attract a partner, evolutions way of saying they don't want certain people to pass on their genes

Well, I certainly won't be passing on my DNA. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 10:26 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
The bright side is, wait 5000 to 10,000 years and evolution will have rid the world of autism.

There is a good chance that the entire human race will be extinct by then too if pootin has anything to do with it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 5:17 am

ProfessorJohn wrote:

But how? We have members with kids already.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 9:37 am

Yes, but the marriage rate and birth rate for Aspies is low enough that given time, it will vanish from our gene pool. I would say the typical Aspie has less than 2.2 kids which is the replacement birth rate.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 9:50 am

ProfessorJohn wrote:
Yes, but the marriage rate and birth rate for Aspies is low enough that given time, it will vanish from our gene pool. I would say the typical Aspie has less than 2.2 kids which is the replacement birth rate.

I think it was more like 0.5 or something.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 11:36 pm

even though people will always say there is no age cap or age limit on love, dating/relationships, sometimes that angers me, sometimes it doesn't, for some reason, it just doesn't feel as fun or enjoyable when you are older, not the way its meant to be experienced, not the way its meant to be have had or done, when your bodies are past their prime and past their libido, lower stamina, lesser strength, etc.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 1:50 pm

:?:

ProfessorJohn wrote:

But “Aspies” are not a nation so a birth replacement rate doesn’t make much sense; even if a tiny fraction of us procreate, they would procreate with NTs most likely.

And Autism’s genetics are still a big puzzle; we still don’t know the real cause of autism; maybe the environmental factors will keep causing mutations leading to more autism in the future.

So it is impossible to predict that so far.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2023, 3:59 pm

Replacement Rate Fertility is 2.1 live births per woman, to account for early deaths from health issues or spontaneous accident. I actually think that people with ASDs etc. are not unfit, it's just that we don't fit well into certain economic modalities that are only like four centuries old at most.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 11:45 pm

RandoNLD wrote:
Replacement Rate Fertility is 2.1 live births per woman, to account for early deaths from health issues or spontaneous accident. I actually think that people with ASDs etc. are not unfit, it's just that we don't fit well into certain economic modalities that are only like four centuries old at most.

We also don't seem to fit well with expected social skills.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2023, 11:37 am

ProfessorJohn wrote:
RandoNLD wrote:

We also don't seem to fit well with expected social skills.

True, but most of the world is on track to get very old very fast. I knew TFRs have been declining in the rich world, but recently found out most of the world has been going that way since WWII; Gerontocracy here we come.